blogmeister

Contributor to HGTVersus

Jun 1

Welcome Back, Design Star Fans

design-star-logo

Premiering on July 19th at 10/9c, the new season of HGTV Design Star features talented new designers, incredible designs and all the drama you’ve come to love over the past three seasons.

For the upcoming season, there are returning favorites in the cast, as well as a few new faces that I’m sure you’ll find familiar.

ds3-clive-pearse_al

Clive Pearse returns, along with his British charm, to host the show.

vernyip_hostbio8_07_hdssn_al

Vern Yip also returns to judge the new crop of designers’ work and offer his expertise. Check out some of Vern’s stunning room makeovers from his show, Deserving Design.

candiceolson_hdivd_bioimage2_al

One of the new faces to join the Design Star cast is Candice Olson, who hosts one of our most popular shows on HGTV, Divine Design.

bio-genevieve_gorder_060_al

Last, but certainly not least, Genevieve Gorder joins the judging table. Check out her stunning makeovers from her show, Dear Genevieve.

What do you think of the new additions to the judging panel? Are you excited about the new sesaon?

Posted at 7:00 am

65 Comments

1. I'm thrilled about the new season!!!!! And the new judges!!! How exciting. This is exactly what HGTV needed to do with this show. Shake it up a little. Can't wait to see what other changes may be in store. Woohoo!

LoveDesignStar on June 4, 2009 at 10:05 am
  2. I can't wait for the new premeire and to see all of the contestants. Who will this years' drama come from. lol, though i wish it would premeire a little sooner and not be so close to school starting.

lel on June 4, 2009 at 12:26 pm
  3. Awesome! I can't wait to see the season 4 design staar! And with Candice (my personal favorite designer, but everyone else on HGTV is almost as good) and Genevieve judging, this season might be the best season! Design Star should have always had people with their own shows on HGTV doing the judging.

Georgie on June 4, 2009 at 12:55 pm
  4. Wow I always wondered why they didn't have all HGTV designers as judges. I am definitly excited!!

Kelsea on June 5, 2009 at 12:38 pm
  5. Candice is a GREAT addition as a judge for this season!

gilmouc on June 5, 2009 at 6:43 pm
  6. As long as Clive is back to host, he is my favorite!

Terry Burns on June 6, 2009 at 8:12 am
  7. AWESOME! I can't wait to see Candace Olson (my FAVORITE designer on HGTV) be a judge! Along with Genevieve, also a great designer! This season will probably be the best! :]

Emily on June 7, 2009 at 10:18 am
  8. I love Candace Olson! She is one of my favorite designers.
    Also love Clive, Genevieve & Vern!
    I am a designer & big fan of Design Star.
    So glad to see Interior Designers such as these on the Show.
    I am hoping this season is much more professional than last season.
    If it weren't for the show we would not have come to know David Bronstad & Kim Myles and so many other talented designers.
    I will stay tuned!!!

DawnMarie on June 8, 2009 at 12:04 am
    • I am peeing my pants with excitement to see, watch and hear what Candice has to say. I LOVE all her work (watching her for more then six years I think there were only two re-design rooms I didn't care for). Not only is she a fantastic designer she is fun to watch. Great choice in judges this season HGTV.

Eileen on July 24, 2009 at 10:55 am
  9. On a slightly different note; I heard that Vern's show, Deserving Design, might be ending. I hope not, I live in Atlanta, where he has show-cased many deserving Atlantans.
    His show does so much to shed light on ordinary people doing extraordinary things.
    Keep up the good work Vern!

DawnMarie on June 8, 2009 at 12:10 am
  10. Oh, gosh! I know probably mostly adults watch Design Star, but I'm 12 and it's one of my 4 fave TV shows EVER!!!!!! I've watched it for 3 years now and CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My all-time fave contestant has to me Kim Myles. I mean she's awesome!!!

pureNRGrox4ever on June 8, 2009 at 4:23 am