blogmeister

Contributor to HGTVersus

Jun 1

Welcome Back, Design Star Fans

design-star-logo

Premiering on July 19th at 10/9c, the new season of HGTV Design Star features talented new designers, incredible designs and all the drama you’ve come to love over the past three seasons.

For the upcoming season, there are returning favorites in the cast, as well as a few new faces that I’m sure you’ll find familiar.

ds3-clive-pearse_al

Clive Pearse returns, along with his British charm, to host the show.

vernyip_hostbio8_07_hdssn_al

Vern Yip also returns to judge the new crop of designers’ work and offer his expertise. Check out some of Vern’s stunning room makeovers from his show, Deserving Design.

candiceolson_hdivd_bioimage2_al

One of the new faces to join the Design Star cast is Candice Olson, who hosts one of our most popular shows on HGTV, Divine Design.

bio-genevieve_gorder_060_al

Last, but certainly not least, Genevieve Gorder joins the judging table. Check out her stunning makeovers from her show, Dear Genevieve.

What do you think of the new additions to the judging panel? Are you excited about the new sesaon?

Posted at 7:00 am

65 Comments

1. I'm quite pleased with the new judges !!! Candice Olson is awesome !!! Everything she does that I've seen is top notch !!! She definitely has a flair for design and a wealth of knowledge !!! Vern is great and I also enjoy Genevieve as well !!! Excellent additions to the show and I'm looking forward to the upcoming season !!!

D. on June 8, 2009 at 8:29 am
  2. I was wondering what happened to Jennifer. I hope all is well with her new addition. Looking forward to seeing the new design stars have in store for us. This should be a great season with new judge's and of course with Clyde, he is so much fun. Good Luck to the contestants we will be cheering you on.

Audrey McGuire on June 8, 2009 at 10:24 am
  3. Congratulations Jennifer & hubby!! I was curious about what had happened.

I'm too excited about the upcoming Season 4!! Candice you rock girlfriend and I know you'll kick this season up a few notches along with Genevieve and Vern. My sister and I will certainly tune in.

Deb on June 8, 2009 at 12:49 pm
  4. Can't wait to see Candice, but I'll miss the other judges- not so sure about Genevieve; haven't seen her show. (I'm watching Divine Design right now)

Lila on June 8, 2009 at 1:11 pm
  5. As long as Vern is still on the show I know it will be great! He has an amazing way of being honest and positive! I love seeing him on the Showdown series (he's the only one undefeated!!!) and, of course, Deserving Design! He should be on more HGTV shows!

Mrs. Nest on June 8, 2009 at 2:18 pm
  6. I've watched Design Star every season. I LOVE it! I am excited about the new judges too. I would love to have Candice design my whole house. How can I find out if she would? Can't wait for the new season to start!!!!

Shelly on June 8, 2009 at 2:38 pm
  7. I'm so psyched for the new season to start!1 My husband and I look forward to this show every summer. I'm so excited to have my 3 FAVORITE designers on one show!! That is enough for me! Can't wait to see who they have chosen and what new ideas they bring. Looking forward to an awesome season with the 3 best designers as judges!!

Ann Miller on June 8, 2009 at 2:41 pm
  8. I am so excited for this new season. I have watched Design Star since the first season and have been attached ever since. I am very excited about the new judges. I love all of there shows as well. Good Luck all new Design Star contestants :)

Joseph on June 9, 2009 at 5:52 am
  9. I m am so happy to have Candice Olson she is the best designer EVER I would like to meat her

carolyn bender on June 9, 2009 at 7:01 am
  10. So glad Design star is back and with a fabulous panel of judges (and great host, I mean, who doesn't love Clive)! Can't wait to see this year's designers! Another fun show for HGTV!

Sally on June 9, 2009 at 10:14 am