blogmeister

Contributor to HGTVersus

Jun 1

Welcome Back, Design Star Fans

design-star-logo

Premiering on July 19th at 10/9c, the new season of HGTV Design Star features talented new designers, incredible designs and all the drama you’ve come to love over the past three seasons.

For the upcoming season, there are returning favorites in the cast, as well as a few new faces that I’m sure you’ll find familiar.

ds3-clive-pearse_al

Clive Pearse returns, along with his British charm, to host the show.

vernyip_hostbio8_07_hdssn_al

Vern Yip also returns to judge the new crop of designers’ work and offer his expertise. Check out some of Vern’s stunning room makeovers from his show, Deserving Design.

candiceolson_hdivd_bioimage2_al

One of the new faces to join the Design Star cast is Candice Olson, who hosts one of our most popular shows on HGTV, Divine Design.

bio-genevieve_gorder_060_al

Last, but certainly not least, Genevieve Gorder joins the judging table. Check out her stunning makeovers from her show, Dear Genevieve.

What do you think of the new additions to the judging panel? Are you excited about the new sesaon?

Posted at 7:00 am

65 Comments

1. I've been waiting for the date of Design Star's return. It is one of my favorite shows, and I can't wait for the season to start. I'm also very glad you have added Candace Olson to the mix; she will be great.

Mary Kraemer on June 9, 2009 at 6:23 pm
  2. Yippy I am only too excited! I love all the judges, Candice being my favorit designer. I want to try out for Design Star! I will be featured on Rate My Space this Sat. June 13 as an insperation room, you go Angelo!
    I will be glued to Design Star in July

Kerry Di Pasquale on June 10, 2009 at 4:14 am
  3. I am so glad to see that Clive is back. I really miss him on Design To Sell. I am glad to see decent judges. The only good previous judge was Vern.

cew on June 10, 2009 at 10:50 am
  4. NO WAY!!!!!!! I am so happy! Genevieve is my favorite designer (well along w/ David) and I always like wat Candice does THIS IS GONNA BE AN AWSOME SEASON! I have watched every season of design star but i think this is my most anticipated season yet! I AM EXSTATIC!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Morgan on June 10, 2009 at 2:23 pm
  5. Wow, what a perfect change Candace Olson and Genevieve Gorder, it is awsome having HGTV Designers for judges and they are a couple of the best (but David Bromstad is my all time favorite, voted for him and would give anything to have him come do a room in my home). Of course we love Vern both as a judge and his show Deserving Design. Can't wait to see the new Design Star Series I have watched previous 3 and really get into it!!!!!

Noell Robbins on June 11, 2009 at 9:09 am
  6. I love the new judges & am looking forward to season 4. Design Star is the only "reality tv" show that I can stand to watch!

Bunny on June 12, 2009 at 11:32 am
  7. It is a great show. I have watched all three seasons and looking forward to season 4. Do not cancel Deserving Design, one of my favorites, along with color splash, myles of style,and devine design.

Fran on June 12, 2009 at 4:40 pm
  8. I can't wait i do NOT MISS IT for anything. Great to see the new judges involved and of course Vern and Clive not the same without them on it. Vern is one of the best.

cindyloo on June 13, 2009 at 3:00 am
  9. I very much enjoy the design star shows and Candace is one of my favorite designers. Her designs are so upscale but liveable. I might as well have only 2 stations on my televisions, HGTV and the weather channel. Lee in Missouri

Lee Flowers on June 13, 2009 at 2:15 pm
  10. Candace is awesome. She will add wit to the show and she has an incredible design show of her own!

Sharla on June 14, 2009 at 3:25 pm