blogmeister

Contributor to HGTVersus

Jul 2

Our Favorite Vern Makeovers

Renowned interior designer and returning judge Vern Yip is known for his attention to detail and clean-lined interiors. On his show Deserving Design, he offers smart, stylish, inspiring makeovers to people who make a difference.

hddsn311_office-guest-room

Check out 12 of our favorite transformations from Vern ยป

Posted at 9:39 am

15 Comments

1. Alissa– You are amazing! I should of known you would grow up and be a designer when at 3 you designed the yellow playhouse with a window for drive up ordering and a door that was to open two ways. You even picked the color which took us hours at the paint store and we had to bring home color samples. The furniture was my next job, you had each piece planned for a specific place and you told me just how it should look, plus you stood and watched each nail go in. WOW!! Look at you now! We are so proud of you!!! You always had a great vision. The world will see what I saw at 3, an amazing designer. Good Luck!! Love, Dad

don on July 2, 2009 at 12:58 pm
  2. I have never seen a design by Vern that I didn't like. His designs are always done with perfect attention to detail. Always elegant and appealing no matter what style he choses. He's the Man!

Lori on July 5, 2009 at 4:43 am
  3. Hi,my name is Maria my husban is Gerardo and my two kids Enycia 6yr and Estevan 3yr. We bought a house in Dec.2007. We need some help or tips to do to the house.My husband wants to do the attic,but we have to do celling and the roof and I dont know if that would be too much.We also have a landryroom that I want a guestroom with a half bath. Can you help us.

Maria Fernandez on July 5, 2009 at 11:20 pm
  4. I have been out of the loop for awhile and was wondering what happened to lasy years winner of Design Star? tks

lynn williams on July 6, 2009 at 12:18 pm
  5. Every program that I am able to see is a wonderful design. He gives the people what they want beyond expectations and even more. He shows that he really cares for them. I love every design he has done that I have seen.

Elizabeth Velez on July 6, 2009 at 5:00 pm
  6. I just finished watching Vern Yip on Season 3 (Leading the fight for Fitness)of deserving design. He did a incredible job in both rooms. I Loved Loved the Meridan Chandelier that was installed in the living room I even went as far as looking it up to see if I could purchase it but sadly it is way out of my price range. Keep up the wonderful designs.

Wendy on July 7, 2009 at 1:56 pm
  7. I am trying to find the name of the artist who painted a whimsical kangaroo with a key for verns makeover of the the office space for the couple who have a non profit program for teen fitness.Thanks!

kim on July 7, 2009 at 3:44 pm
    • His name is James Way … you can find his work at a gallery in Atlanta … http://www.masonmurer.com/artists/way_james.htm__… piece he did on Vern's show was so cool that I actually went to look at this work. It is incredible.

Designer Dude on July 10, 2009 at 8:40 am
  8. Hi Vern Yip, I just arrived here in Seattle, Washington State. I have no job yet thats why I spent all of my time watching food channel and I discover the HGTV and DIY channel but I impress most on designing because I want to be an Interior designer…I dreamed to have a nice and good house some day. I am convincing my husband to repaint our house especially the living room where the main part of the house expecially his family will get together He was a divorce with 3 kids and I am the second wife…but the 3 kids grown up and have their own family so we live in the house just the two of us. My husband want to have a make over but he had no budget yet I saw some program especially the design for a dime…hope you can help us…so our house won't be shameful when somebody come over. Thank you Vern…looking forward for the make over.

Delia Tura Fuerte on July 9, 2009 at 6:00 pm
  9. Why did the show leave prime time? I record it so no big deal … but this is clearly the best show on HGTV. Heart warming and GREAT design! One of my favoirte espisodes is the one for the couple that helps homeless people. Vern did an Asian inspired dining room, bedroom and bathroom for this cool couple. I love how Vern designs for the people … not for himself.

Designer Dude on July 10, 2009 at 8:46 am
  10. I would love to have Vern Yip design a wonderful master bedroom for me. My husband and I have lived here for 4 years and I started but never completed the bedroom. Three years ago, at the age of 3months, we received custody of our grandson. He is a joy and a willfull handful. I don't have the time or the inspiration to make the bedroom lovely although I have spent quite a bit of time trying to make some elegant window treatments. I've been to the fabric store three times now to add fullness to the curtains but the results are not quite "there". How do I get in touch with Vern?

terri on July 10, 2009 at 2:19 pm