blogmeister

Contributor to HGTVersus

Jul 7

Bright Stars

We’re gearing up for season four of Design Star, premiering July 19th at 10/9c. Check out this fun video featuring the bright new stars of this season!

Posted at 4:18 pm

17 Comments

1. I think Genevieve is a great designer, but she is too full of herself: " …we're watching you …" with that hand movement. Come on!!

Dani on July 8, 2009 at 7:09 pm
    • i have to agree with you there 100 percent. i mean don't get me wrong i love her and i think she's a great designer but is way to full of herself and harsh as well. I mean I know you have to be a little harsh when being a judge but she's being a little too hard with "…were watching you" and "we worked years for our show and yours is just gonna be handed to you like thats". I mean come on the contestants are nervous enough as it is, don't scare them to death.

Joseph on July 16, 2009 at 1:02 pm
  2. I am so pleased that you have selected two new judges who actually understand good design! These three judges should be fair in their analysis and a terrific combination.

TXDSFAN on July 10, 2009 at 1:25 am
  3. I can't wait to see what Candice brings to the judging. It will be unique and refreshing, I'm sure! (Plus I have to say I loved seeing what she was wearing in the previews! Her fantastic taste in clothes is right on par with her design style!)
    And Candice you have free reign in my house anytime you want – just make sure you bring Chico!

Kimando on July 13, 2009 at 6:56 pm
  4. Genevieve is the WORST DESIGNER IN THE WORLD!!! Her design skills are like trying to put a square peg in a round hole…it just doesn't happen! When she was on Trading Places her rooms were HORRIBLE!!! I remember the time she put moss all over a wall…O! M! G! !!!!!!!!!!! I am going to have a hard time this season watching the contestants be criticized by someone who really should be doing another job. Candace and Vern are the best!

BarbinTX on July 16, 2009 at 12:15 am
    • Give her a break i like genevieve maybe you just don't like her design point of vew just because you don't like her style doesnt mean others do so just chill!

nicole on July 16, 2009 at 5:57 pm
  5. Dan Vickery,
    I loved reading the article in the "Malheur Enterprise". I grew up knowing your mom, went to school with your Uncle Mike, and my little brother grew up with your Uncle Ron. I knew your grandparents, seeing them in church every Sunday morning. I am so impressed reading about your life experiences at just age 27 and the value you give to your small town childhood. Can't wait to see you on the show! It's nice to see a "Willowcreeker" and Vale Viking succeed in such a big way!

JoanElf on July 16, 2009 at 1:17 am
    • Thanks, for the nice compliments about Dan. We are sooooo excited. Can't wait until the show starts tonight. Bev

Bev Vickery on July 19, 2009 at 1:34 pm
  6. To Jeny Lee
    Jeny! Good luck with Design star! I hope you win! if you don't win..
    its okey. Because you are already Design star :) . Jeny is amazingggggggggggg. xD.
    Anyways Im going to watch design star on sunday. We're watching u guys!!! lol just kidding..
    WORK HARD ! and try ur best :) GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeejin on July 16, 2009 at 1:02 pm
  7. Genevieve has a lot of nerve criticizing anyone after the crap she put out on Trading Spaces. I recall an episode where the family said they wanted a light kitchen so she painted it black, put wine labels around the walls as a border and installed a wine rack… and oh, by the way, the family did not drink. I thought designing was all about what the customer wanted.

cgm01 on July 16, 2009 at 4:34 pm
  8. Ok first, get your facts straight that was not Genevieve that was Hildi…look up "Trading Spaces Austin: Wyoming Valley Drive." Hildi did that design.

I agree the commerical looks harsh but have you ever thought they are doing that to make it look interesting…you don't know in what context the statement was made so calm down and wait until the show airs to be so critical!

In her show, I think Genevieve definately designs to what her customer's wants…and remember Trading Spaces was a different show, it wasn't a client and hired designer situation, the designer made the plan without meeting the family.

HGTV Fan on July 16, 2009 at 5:24 pm
  9. I agree with y'all about Genevieve. And yes Candice Olson is absolutely superb in her designs. She and David Bromstad are my fav's. Vern Yip runs a close 2nd.

Susan Romans on July 16, 2009 at 8:20 pm
  10. I HATE VERN YIPP! WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS???????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charolete on July 16, 2009 at 9:50 pm