blogmeister

Contributor to HGTVersus

Jul 16

Get to Know Jany, Jason and Antonio

Find out a little bit more about the world traveler, the funny one and the bad boy of this season’s HGTV Design Star.

Posted at 10:44 am

24 Comments

1. Jason is the coolest!!! Knows his stuff and looks good, too

Laurie Dean on July 16, 2009 at 5:06 pm
  2. Antonio is original and creative and will bring a new life to this show…How can you not like him ? He is a rock star gone design star … Just an all around good person who will make you laugh with his charming and funny personality and amaze you with his sense of style.

Alison on July 17, 2009 at 5:38 pm
  3. Talk about testosterone! Ick, made me sick listening to him not take simple instrucitons. "You wanna do it? You wanna do it?" The girl gave him some good advice, geesh! I'll give him kudos on design though. The pink ducks on the stark white wall would never be something I would do in my own house but they looked great.

Trit on July 19, 2009 at 7:30 pm
    • I agree with your comment 100%. Certainly not what makes a star, now he has a lot more to prove

he can be star. I would like to see and hear an apology!

christine2u on July 20, 2009 at 4:21 am
      • From Antonio or Lonni??? If any body deserves an apology, its Antonio. Lonni's comment about being the hired help was RUDE. Lonni acted as if hanging wall paper was beneath her. Like she said, she hasn't hung it since college and she has people to do it for her. Even Candice gets her hands dirty with her crew every now and again.

B. Alex Jones on July 23, 2009 at 7:34 pm
    • You hit the nail on the head. I'm married to a New Yorker, and they can be intense, but there's a difference between "sticking to your guns" and being just plain rude. When Vern asked who came up with the pink geese idea, I thought it was telling that Antonio missed a beat (or 2) before he would own it. That, followed by the "I told you so" smile paints a very unattractive picture for me.

katlrs on July 20, 2009 at 3:00 pm
      • After watching the show twice, Antonio showed everyone he does not want to 'own' what he does unless he is sure it is judged good and Katlrs, you are so right about him.

christine2u on July 22, 2009 at 12:06 am
  4. who doesn't love Antonio , he is so talented and a great guy. he is one the coolest people i know. i'm sure he will be terrific on this show. good luck Antonio love ya

insane jayne on July 19, 2009 at 10:28 pm
    • Me….I think he is the biggest JERK I have ever seen on TV and if he wins I will never watch his show….What a set up!

guest on September 8, 2009 at 2:22 pm
  5. Anyone who would paint and put up PINK DUCKS SHOULD GO!!!!!!

Diana on July 19, 2009 at 10:44 pm
    • It was Antonio's pink ducks that SAVED that design. Lonni should be grateful right now. What's was up with the lonely seating arrangements?

B. Alex Jones on July 23, 2009 at 11:30 pm
  6. I'd like to know if Antonio was on Project Runway? I swear I saw him on there! I guess designing can translate into either.

Tina on July 20, 2009 at 2:25 am
  7. I agreed with Tina. I was sure he was on Project Runway. Finally found the season 4 cast and found what must be his brother. Very strong resemblance. Take a look at http://www.myspace.com/kevinchristiana.

janet on July 20, 2009 at 2:11 pm
  8. I think Antonio ROCKS!!! He adds flare and personality to the show. I love the fact he is a set designer first. He is not afraid to get to get in there and get the job done. While the girls were out shopping, he stayed home and worked consistently on the project. Kudos Antonio….
    It wasn't Antonio's face you should of been watching, did you see Lonni's face when Vern asked about the geese?

B. Alex Jones on July 23, 2009 at 11:41 pm
  9. During the two teams 'Boucher Kitchen' episode, Jason Champion's clothing choice was very inappropriate and offended me… He wore a short sleeve US Air Force dress shirt with Master Sergeant stripes. Those senior non-commisioned officer stripes are earned by military members… several military members have given their blood and lives while appropriate wearing them. As a designer, I would have hoped that his choices to wear this symbol would have been more thought through. As we have now hit the 5,000 military loss mark on the war on terriorism, I really feel this choice was inappropriate. If he was trying to show his support for our Airman, he should do it in a different way and pay more attention to the symbolism, sacrifice, etc of his actions. Lastly, if it wasn't for the sacrifices of our service members – he wouldn't have had the freedom to offend me! No vote from this Airman… please think next time!

MSgt R.A.T. on July 26, 2009 at 10:40 pm
  10. After show 2 I think Antonio should have been picked to go. On the first show he didn't want to be man enough to admit he chose to make the geese pick—got lucky that the judges liked it, pick what a manly color. They looked to me like something he found at the local fleamarket. I think he would make a good carpenter on someone's show but his own show, not. His attitude needs a major adjustment. Hey Antonio—your the type of people make others of us from NY look bad. If you were as cut out for your own show you would have been discovered by now. Your rude and your appearance is very sloppy. Come down off your cloud. Anyone can learn the carpentry skill you have—they sell books at home depot. It takes alot more than reading a how-to manual to be someone who people want to watch week after week. Some people should just learn to stay BEHIND the scenes.

Lisa on July 27, 2009 at 4:13 pm
    • my bad—typo—-pink not pick

Lisa on July 27, 2009 at 4:16 pm