blogmeister

Contributor to HGTVersus

Jun 6

Meet Our New Design All-Stars

Meet the new cast of HGTV Design Star! Check out their bios and see the designs that earned each a spot in season six.

Plus, check out our fan vote, where you decide which rising star gets an online show on HGTV.com. Vote up to 10 times a day for your favorite designer.

Posted at 5:07 pm

71 Comments

1. Does looking like Cacey Anthony or Uncle Fester have anything to do with Design ability? Just curious?

spacelifts on June 15, 2011 at 12:41 pm
  2. Kellie is great…

Kaysie on June 15, 2011 at 9:44 pm
  3. Leslie is a great and talented designer! She is a force to be reckoned with! Go Leslie!!!!!!! Ask Her agent the cat toby for more immediate questions. B)

Barbra on June 17, 2011 at 5:44 am
  4. Leslie is a great designer!!! She has so much motivation and energy! I hope she wins.

Ashly on June 17, 2011 at 5:47 am
  5. I meant Georgia……… typo

georgia on June 17, 2011 at 5:54 am
  6. Leslie is amazing, she has what it takes for a show on HGTV! Her portfolio is impressive….and so is her bio. Breast Cancer survivor, Mother of four, DCC, and might I add a talented interior decorator. I know, as a mother, that it is hard to keep everything in balance. From what I can tell she does a good job of that. All my votes to LESLIE!!!! KUDOS TO YOU GIRLFRIEND!

<3 Annabelle (mother of three!!!!)

Annabelle W. on June 17, 2011 at 6:26 am
  7. Some of Tyler's work does exhibit high end taste but all of Ezelle's work looks to be high end so she seems more consistant.

Orient on June 17, 2011 at 7:54 am
  8. whats up with the votes, i wonder how many peope have their interns voting #just sayin….My votes are between Blanche & Karl!

Bitsy on June 17, 2011 at 9:48 am
    • Tyler does not have an intern. He has talent.

erika on June 18, 2011 at 2:53 pm
    • I like Karl – looks like he has a lot of talent & imagination

jeanne on June 23, 2011 at 5:51 pm
    • Blanche, really? She did Danielle Staub's from the Real Housewives of NJ and the look is so flashy guido! Also some of the pics for her HGTV portfolio are a foyer from the Mansions in May showhouse at Froe Heim, where all the molding and details were already there, and the furniture was loaned to her, so she didn't even pick the fabrics. Sorry, not impressed. Karl on the other hand has classic timeless taste and style.

CharlesD on June 30, 2011 at 10:04 am
      • lol CharlesD you seem to take it personally. Bitter much? :D
        This is why I usually never comment. Whether I like a designer's style or not, I wouldn't "hate" on them like that. Personally I have to hire a designer for my apartment cause whenever I put things together somehow it does not come out nice. Being a designer seems easy but clearly it's tough. Therefore even if I dislike a designer's style, I wouldn't make it my personal agenda to diss them. On that note, I think if a designer is hired to design a guidette's house, I believe the style calls for flashy.
        What I really can't stand is self-proclaimed designers who dismiss people they can only see on TV. Come on people ! Give it a rest and put the bitter marks away :)

Ruth G. on July 6, 2011 at 8:55 pm
      • Charles D….meow..catty much? maybe a little too much

Bitsy on July 8, 2011 at 1:06 pm
  9. My friends and I really like Blanche's design style. Her work seems very versatile and polished. My favorite is for Blanche

Nicole on June 17, 2011 at 10:39 am
  10. Love Tyler's work. Very stylish with some whimsy. Can't wait to see how he steps up to this challenge.

Toniyo on June 17, 2011 at 12:55 pm