blogmeister

Contributor to HGTVersus

Jun 6

Meet Our New Design All-Stars

Meet the new cast of HGTV Design Star! Check out their bios and see the designs that earned each a spot in season six.

Plus, check out our fan vote, where you decide which rising star gets an online show on HGTV.com. Vote up to 10 times a day for your favorite designer.

Posted at 5:07 pm

71 Comments

1. I am glad that DS has "listened" to the viewers. Last year WAS frustrating. Emily was not my front-runner choice- however, she does have a cute show. I really like the get HGTVed new series because it is a composite show- using diferent designers week to week. If you are smart, HGTV and are still listening to these comments, then your next new show will also be a composite one with several of the DS finalists. I don't know the chemistry of these 12 yet, but I imagine a team of them (two or three) would be great- and even working together on the same episode would be different- say one does the master BR and the other the master bath… HMMM :)

WillTryDS1More... on June 17, 2011 at 6:27 pm
    • I wouldn't actually call Emily's show "cute"….she's intelligent, well-trained, knows her skills & how to use them. It was refreshing to watch her shows, and with each one, it was amazing to see what all she did to change the rooms into something that really fit with both the man/woman's ideas/styles. It's a very unique design show, and I think she handles it MORE than very well……and, I guess her style is "cute."

KACTUS_KAT on August 5, 2011 at 3:28 am
  2. Last year I didn't even watch the final episode. I was so frustrated with DS that I didn't care who won. I hated so much about the show last year that I said I would never watch again. But when I heard that David was mentoring the contestants, I decided that I will give it one more chance.

Things I still don't like about this year are:
    no viewer vote for the winnner, only for an online show;
    no Clive Pearse;
    still the same 3 judges that were awful last year.

Things I don't want to see:
    abstract challenges;
    bickering and backstabbing drama in the residence;
    carrying their suitcases to the elimination.

mowgo on June 18, 2011 at 11:22 am
  3. Leslie, did our home in East Texas in 2003 and she was great. On time and under budget!!

Billia,

jerry on June 19, 2011 at 7:40 am
  4. I agree with Billia her work is outstanding I loved her portfolio! You go girl.

Billia's wife

jerry on June 19, 2011 at 1:40 pm
  5. All I can say is that I hope the judges are not tolerating any ugliness this year, and I am not referring to bad design. I am referring to the way people treat one another.

Hil on June 23, 2011 at 6:07 pm
    • I think that was due to the producer- He also did the "Survior" shows. If I want to watch drama,
      I'll turn on a soap opera. Here, it is a design competition. Professionalism and dignity should prevail in the final editing and should not be tolerated in the competition.

WillTryDS1More... on June 29, 2011 at 4:03 am
  6. Already, catty remarks among posters and we not even seen the first show.

donna on June 24, 2011 at 5:34 pm
    • I noticed. But those comments are probably from family and friends of the designers….

Ellen on June 24, 2011 at 9:20 pm
  7. Wow HGTV…. Great Job! I am so glad to see that this seasons is packed with real designers with real educational backgrounds in design and architecture. This is much different then the first few seasons. Seems each seasons includes less and less people who just play decorator. You have made me very happy. Hopefully these professionals will get a chance to better represent our industry.

J.S. on June 25, 2011 at 10:24 pm
  8. I have enjoyed watching all of the Design Star seasons. Each one has been interesting and entertaining. I especially liked the episodes where the designers are sent to help out a family or organization with their designing talents, which is why I am writing today. I have a perfect place for an episode to show off their design talents and help a deserving organization as well. I work at a non-profit hospital in a small town in North Dakota. Small town hospitals are struggling to keep their doors open so any help of any kind is greatly appreciated. We have a duplex located next door to the hospital where employees who are contracted or on call and do not live within the time limits of answering a call stay. There is a boys side and a girls side, both of which include kitchens, living rooms, bathrooms & bedrooms. It would be fantastic if the design stars were sent here and given a room to redesign to make the space more comfortable for those who stay there. Please consider this design challenge and give employees who help those injured and ill a nice relaxing space to call home. Thank you for your consideration with this! Lori K.

Lori on June 26, 2011 at 10:13 am
  9. Yea haaa!! Design Star! a new season— so excited and with DAVID this time!! I'm running to program the DVR…..

at-singinglalala on June 26, 2011 at 12:32 pm
  10. I WANT CLIVE
    I WANT CLIVE
    I WANT CLIVE
    I WANT CLIVE
    I WANT CLIVE
    get it??????????????

Angie on June 29, 2011 at 9:40 pm
    • Clive is no longer on Design to Sell- So forget Clive-By-the way- I like him, too- BUT he may
      no longer be on contract with HGTV??? GET THIS- they are having a host- she may do a
      good job…