Kayla Kitts

Contributor to HGTVersus

Jul 14

Who’s Your Favorite Designer So Far?

Designers Group

Which Season 6 designer is your favorite?

You know the old saying: There’s no second chance for a first impression. So, who won your love after episode one?

Did you secretly love Blanche’s tea light holders? Were you wowed by Cathy’s camera presence (and Emmy awards)? Impressed by Leslie’s coffee table pick?  Loving Karl’s jungle-inspired paint job?

Tell us who you love (or who you don’t love) so far and why in the comments. Plus, vote for your favorite designer — the winner will get their own show right here on HGTV.com.

Posted at 3:57 pm

76 Comments

1. First things first, SUCH a talented bunch (but not the nicest if you know what I mean). I have to say that I love L-O-V-E Leslie's coffee table pick. I represents her as a desginer-raw, edgy but still classy and it went great with the room! I thinkl that Kevin's nickname should be "Tacky Tangerine." If it was me Blanche would be still here (maybe) Kevin , with that color, less is more and the same with boldness.

sami11 on July 14, 2011 at 12:16 pm
  2. For personality I really liked Karl. Looking through their portfolios on here though, Mark is my favorite. I'm looking forward to seeing what they *all* do with the white box challenge though!

flower on July 14, 2011 at 2:28 pm
    • Mark has been my favorite since the start, and he just keeps getting better! Thank God Cathy is gone, or I wouldn't have watched any more!!!

Angela on August 18, 2011 at 4:33 pm
  3. Kellie all the way!!! Talented, funny, great screen presence, and cute personality.

parker on July 14, 2011 at 3:58 pm
    • That;s who I'm voting for ! Kellie's awesome!!!!!!!!

Antonio Fan on July 15, 2011 at 12:54 pm
    • Not the kind that will stab her partners in the back! I agree with you!

Nan on July 18, 2011 at 6:45 pm
  4. For me it is still too early to tell, but based on their portfolios I intend to keep an eye on Kellie — I love the colors and playfulness she likes to bring to her designs.

CplusE on July 15, 2011 at 3:51 am
  5. Tyler is my favorite. What a talent!

Greg on July 15, 2011 at 10:16 am
  6. So far [after ONE episode!] I like Leslie & Kellie – but just for their designs. Too soon to tell what their on-air personalities will be. Leslie's a bit much, which may actually work, and she seemed to take a less-than-tactful teammate in stride. But I did like her overall design. The table? Not as impressed as the judges, but I liked the overall room.

MuralMaker on July 15, 2011 at 6:28 pm
  7. Seriously people! Voting for Cathy is a wasted vote. She is too annoying to win!

swampdonkey on July 15, 2011 at 7:15 pm
    • Cathy is annoying. someone like tyler should be winning the fanvote

J.B on July 16, 2011 at 9:25 am
    • I'm with you. She is too annoying!! And what an attitude… Gosh, I just hope she gets booted!!

Chris on July 20, 2011 at 10:24 pm
    • I agree, cathy is too bossy and her attitude sucks!!!

Kitty on July 22, 2011 at 10:00 am
    • Kathy thinks she is better then everyone else and it really turns me off. As I have stated before all the accomplishments in the world don't make you a better person; just a more established one. I hope she get voted off next week. I don't like watching her.

Vickie W. on July 26, 2011 at 2:53 pm
    • Yes, Cathy is trouble….very, very average at most but an attitude!!!!!!!!

danny on August 15, 2011 at 3:29 pm
    • I KNOW RIGHT!

flower girl:) on August 30, 2011 at 5:01 pm
  8. Doug is my favorite so far, yes Leslie and Kellie designs were nice, I think because they had more space to work with. Leslie seems tad bit bossy to me. I think they are all great designers but there is only one winner.

Lisa on July 16, 2011 at 5:26 am
  9. Tyler was good. I really liked the headboard

J.B on July 16, 2011 at 9:26 am
  10. I haven't got a clear favorite yet–I like Karl, with his interest in historical design, and Kellie, who got that little nook exactly right. I thought from the previews that I'd be on J's side in the J/Doug business, but no–I definitely liked Doug, and he nailed the camera challenge. He was definitely the best on that.

Meg's "Design Crimes" idea is good (make use of a criminology background… in design… I think that would be entertaining, being presented with the evidence and tried in the court of design or whatever), and I liked when she grabbed Tyler's scarf for a color.

I would think Cathy would have more of an advantage, having been on TV a lot before–you'd think she'd have learned how to come off as less of a primadonna over the years, but maybe she's just a little nervous with the camera's on this often. I was surprised to see her doing that weird thing of opening her eyes way too wide over and over. Her presentation doesn't seem to bring anything new, but yes, it's polished.

I'm holding my opinion in abeyance for the moment, for the ones I'm not crazy about, as they might well get over first challenge jitters and be cool.

BuffaloBarbara on July 16, 2011 at 10:35 am