blogmeister

Contributor to HGTVersus

Jul 22

Sneak Peek: Episode 3

The remaining 10 designers face their first homeowner challenge when they have to give old rooms a new lease on life. Tune in this Monday at 9/8c.

Bret, Cathy and Karl have a power struggle from the start. Will their room be a success?

Posted at 3:30 pm

48 Comments

1. The judges are doing (did) their jobs. The producer(s), network brass, and shareholders scripted them. That said, I watch the show in the hopes that some one of the designers will stand out, given any little chance at all. To me, Mark and Tyler are the stand outs so far, with Karl right behind them. The other guys, meh, meh, meh. The women? Two with little or no hope, and two with some. I suspect, as I'm sure many of you do, that by this point, decisions had already been made and gears turning for the inevitable outcome. That is, production has already begun on the new show. Right now, whomever was chosen is recording his first episode. My money is on Mark — he has talent, looks, and camera savvy. He's mature and well spoken. Unless he screws (screwed) up and/or Tyler has (had) a couple of big WOW moments, we'll be watching Mark's new show this fall.

thom on July 24, 2011 at 11:07 pm
  2. ….. Or maybe Mark and Tyler will tie this year and form a show/company called TyMark and really start something new at HGTV. That would be cool.

Then there's Karl, my choice for "dark horse." He could come through (though I see him more of a DIY Network type — maybe he'll get a show over there.

Wonder if David has been hitting on Tyler or Mark. Maybe the three of them could create DTM Enterprises. That might be really cool.

thom on July 24, 2011 at 11:10 pm
  3. BTW, for those of you who don't know, these guys/gals have facebook fan pages/vlogs you can go to. And because all of them are already professionals, many if not all have professional websites you can check out.

I learned that Tyler has a "domestic partnership" and an adopted son. I learned that Mark is a very busy designer (and he mentioned a "girl friend" in an interview with a local paper in Miami, so WOW! a straight (maybe) male interior designer! What will they think of next?

They're the only two I've looked up so far, but it's nice to know about the fan pages. I love research and the internet is a God-send!

thom on July 25, 2011 at 12:04 am
  4. I feel as though you really can't foretell who's gonna win from just 2 episodes. :p I think that there are some strong contestants and some weaker ones, but that doesn't mean you can predetermine who's gonna win. :(

Tori on July 25, 2011 at 10:14 am
  5. Cathy has been rude and condescending from the beginning. I noticed that she is tied for fan favorite. How is that possible?

deb4fry on July 25, 2011 at 12:28 pm
  6. Cathy obviously does not know how to play well with others. Who did she pay to get all of those votes?

MaryAwes818 on July 25, 2011 at 3:03 pm
  7. To show the work of 10 designers in one hour as well as the judging, etc, doesn't allow us to see much. And this evening, I have seen little that was impressive. I guess Karl's backsplash is a standout. (One for the dark horse?)

thom on July 25, 2011 at 5:46 pm
  8. Wow, reamed Doug and Mark. And they should have. How disappointing.

thom on July 25, 2011 at 5:52 pm
  9. Farewell, Doug. Whew, glad Mark made it through.

thom on July 25, 2011 at 5:59 pm
  10. A coffee table selection saves Cathy? Really? If she mentions how her travels inspired her in her annoying condescending attitude. Do the judges see the tapes of them working together??? Maybe they should. And it was totally unfair that Mark was pulled down by Doug because he wasn't a d-bag! Glad to see that the ultimate decision was good. That being said…….a coffee table??? Cathy is in the top half because of a coffee table??? YUCK!

Tamar L on July 25, 2011 at 5:59 pm
    • Really, it's not as tough she designed the coffee table, she just bought the damn thing. She's just an inferior decorator and the term "designer" should never be use to describe her.

erikcreature on July 25, 2011 at 6:32 pm
      • I agree, Cathy is rude, arrogant, and condescending I would not watch a single episode of a show with her as the host.

Kelly on July 26, 2011 at 9:08 am
    • Totally agree!! And Cathy's bug eyes freak me out a little… make her look like she's going to freak out on you any second!

Dan C. on July 26, 2011 at 7:18 pm