Kayla Kitts

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Jul 30

Episode 4 Sneak Peek

This week, the designers head to the Jersey Shore to make over a tired bed and breakfast. Get a sneak peek of the drama right here, then tune in for all the action Monday at 9/8c.

See the Sneak Peek of Episode 4

This week’s group challenge brings trouble from the start for more than one cluster of designers. See which ones in the clip below.

Predictions: Who do you think will go home this week? Tell us in the comments below.

Posted at 9:05 am

112 Comments

1. Hmm. Looks like one team is having trouble with the complex business of getting their designs to mesh, and the other is just bickering over who does what. I have greater faith in the ones having a complex argument, since they at least seem to understand what they're supposed to be doing.

BuffaloBarbara on July 30, 2011 at 6:15 am
  2. I don't get why they are so disorganized when working in groups. Is so simple to seat together
    and plasm on paper the design for the room with each one ideas and doing modification to have coherent room desing than just entering in arguments and losing time valuable to complete their task.

I watched all the episods and is disappointed the work of some designers. This lady with her old over the world ideas is sickening.

Lydia J Perez-Lugo on July 30, 2011 at 8:26 am
    • Yes I think you are referring to Kathy if I am correct she does not seem i though she is a team player, I think shes tink its the kathy show….

rsb on July 31, 2011 at 9:54 am
  3. Cut it out with the team designing. Let's see what they can do as individuals. It is clear to me that there are people there who can't possibly do anything by themselves, and they shouldn't be there, hiding in the crowd, while others do the real work.

erikcreature on July 30, 2011 at 8:55 am
  4. Emily choice of words on Cathy is very unprofessional

Rosaline on July 30, 2011 at 9:57 am
  5. definately Cathy should go home. She has an abrasive personality and thinks she's the boss not ever a partner. Even if she has some design eye I certainly wouldn't watch a show that she hosted.

nwhitewa on July 30, 2011 at 10:49 am
    • I agree 100%. Kathy would not have a following . I don't think she can design either. So far she has bought 2 nice pieces of furniture. Give me the cash and I could do the same.

Pat on July 31, 2011 at 6:05 pm
  6. I can't imagine why it is so difficult for these designers to work collaborately on a project. Hey, if someone doesn't like blue paint, go with something else EVERYONE can agree on. Then move on. Floorplan. There are only a number of ways to do a layout for 1 room-figure it out and move on. Style, now I can see the conflict happening with that because everyone has different tastes. However, when designing for a client, you have to listen to the client and not what your personal preference is. If there is not a client, which might be the case here, then draw straws. After that every thing else should fall into place. If these people can actually call themselves designers, then they should be able to work with a realm of various designs & genres.

Trisha on July 30, 2011 at 10:55 am
    • Congrats to all the designers for allowing Trisha to sit on her sofa and criticize you. You've taken on more than a design challenge for sure.

Jeff on July 31, 2011 at 1:49 pm
      • Thanks Jeff for your input. I didn't mean to sound as though I were criticizing the designers, I know they're working their butts off. Rather, I wanted to emphasize how flexible and varied they should be with their designs. Perhaps next season, a project manager could be appointed for each team challenge, it may alleviate some of the problems.

Trisha on July 31, 2011 at 3:33 pm
  7. Hi Karl, if you read this, hope you came up with something as individual as the tree mural in Ep 1;
    Hi Kellie, we don't know who you're teamed with, but you always come up with good ideas, this week should be no different; Hi Kevin, just keep your creativity from Ep 2 & 3 going;
    Hi Kathy, keep that paint brush moving and do the best you can with the B&B challenge this week;
    Hi Meg, surely if you could design with Tyler last week so beautifully, you can work it out with the two guys this week; Hi Mark, Karl & Meg have got to be easier to work with than D from last week, compromise and cooperate and your team will be fine; Hi Tyler, more of what you did in Ep 3 please; Hi Leslie, we don't know who you're teamed with, but your style from Ep 2 & 3 seems to be flexible enough to work with anyone; Hi Brett, keep up the teamwork you had with Karl on Ep 3 & good luck.

cherjohn on July 30, 2011 at 1:00 pm
  8. When assigned to work together with others, the first step should be to collaborate on a design and not to proceed until all are on board. My faves are Kellie and Meg. I cannot tolerate the uber-assertive Cathy. She is way too pushy. If she comes across well it is only because of her previous on-camera experience. Her attitude needs serious adjustment.

Peggy on July 30, 2011 at 2:14 pm
  9. Can't watch another episode of bickering. Team challenges are so stupid.

Blake on July 31, 2011 at 8:59 am
  10. Great comments so far… I could not agree more….. why do some guys find it so difficult to work in teams?…. but even if they can it is eachone's contribution to the final design what really should count…. in all HGTV's shows the designers do not start any demo or shopping until the have layout their designs on paper….. so far nobody in these episodes has done that…. there seems to be too much improvisation…. for what this sneak peek shows I think Cathy should leave next…. besides their designing and hosting talents I think their personalities, looks, and emotional intelligence shall be weighted considerably at the moment of thruth… the best designer does not have to win necessarily….in that sense I think Kellie, Mark, Tyler and Leslie should be the finalists…..

Justin Case on July 31, 2011 at 9:12 am