Kayla Kitts

Contributor to HGTVersus

Aug 2

David on Episode 4: ‘Such a Big Disappointment’

David Bromstad

See which BB room David was most disappointed by. Plus, get his scoop on coaching the designers and what you didn’t see on the show.

Which room were you most disappointed by? Which one wowed you? Tell us in the comments below.

Posted at 9:38 am

149 Comments

1. Ah. David, how about pointing out what worthless excuse for a designer Cathy is?

erikcreature on August 2, 2011 at 6:37 am
    • She's not a bad designer…if she is the only one in the room!!!! Unbelievable to try to work with though. BUT last night was the first night she didn't say "global influence!"

LaineinSC on August 2, 2011 at 8:18 am
    • and…she can't seem to get along and work well with anyone yet. She's not going to last long.

SJN on August 2, 2011 at 10:57 am
      • you are definitely right – I believe she thinks her style is the only style worthy of a room

patriciapurd on August 2, 2011 at 12:30 pm
    • Cathy doesn't get along with anyone on the show. She always wants to control the design and not have to do any of the work. I would never hire her to design for me.

Sue on August 2, 2011 at 12:43 pm
    • You are so right. She is totally unable to work with anyone, although she really has no good ideas of her own. Please send her home!

ninnersmama on August 2, 2011 at 3:33 pm
    • It is interesting that she is always the shopper and the minute it is time to paint she "can't do this by myself"…there is no "I" in team

AKeegan on August 2, 2011 at 4:48 pm
    • All Cathy wants to do is shop, she doesn't want to get her hands dirty. I don't like watching this show with her in it. Makes me mad how she talks and controls and she is just blah. I was hoping she was getting sent home on this last episode.

LillaFan on August 3, 2011 at 1:25 am
    • I couldn't agree more. I find her arrogant and useless. She is not a team player and never seems to want to do the work. If she were to win, I certainly wouldn't watch her show.

Tapdnzr on August 3, 2011 at 7:56 am
    • agree, agree, not mention there is NO ONE she can work with

jajohnson on August 3, 2011 at 2:57 pm
    • I agree… a TV personality has to be likable for anyone to want to tune in. If she by some miracle wins, I will never tune in to her show.

CAT on August 3, 2011 at 7:00 pm
  2. If Cathy continues on, I don't think I can watch anymore. She is so controlling, there is no room for anyone else in the room with her ego. I can't imagine having to sit through an entire show if she won the grand prize.

sas8536 on August 2, 2011 at 8:00 am
    • I agree, I will not keep watching if she continues on the show. She buys nice things, but any treatments she fails and her ego won't allow her to realize it. I'll watch updates online, when she's gone I'll start watching again.

lsp1951 on August 2, 2011 at 8:17 am
    • and sadly…..I just saw a "sneak preview" trailer for a "Donna Does Dallas" type show….does this mean HGTV decided to produce HER show so now there is now reason for me to watch the remaining episodes??? talk about disappointing…..guess HGTV will have to find a new way to produce ratings from my household from now on…I'm out

jajohnson on August 3, 2011 at 3:00 pm
  3. I am just not getting any "WOW" reactions to any of these rooms! Nor did I sense that the owners were particularly overjoyed! I would expect these designs from "design students" vs. "design stars". (Kevin's floor was unforgiveable). I have higher expectations for these designs!

Margaret on August 2, 2011 at 8:15 am
    • I keep looking for the wow factor in each of the rooms and some seem to get part of what is needed but just don't fullfill the expectations of the show. How are w e to want to watch a show that features one of these designers if we are not wowed by therir work

patriciapurd on August 2, 2011 at 12:32 pm
    • I see little glimmers of hope in Meg and Carl. But I agree with you; I've not been blown away by anything. I certainly did not agree with how excited the judges were with (the blond lady's, forgot her name) use of the old carpet pieces as wall art. I would kill someone if they hung that in my house.

ninnersmama on August 2, 2011 at 3:37 pm
    • I really felt sorry for the bed & breakfast owners because those rooms were such disappointments. That was such a lovely building and had such potential for being eye-popping gorgeous…but sadly, not with these "designers". The only saving grace is that the rooms were even worse before the "designers" got hold of them. If someone white washed my hardwood floor I would scream.

Freddie on August 3, 2011 at 1:04 pm
  4. Cathy has had interpersonal problems with everyone she is paired with. Even if she were the best designer, which she isn't, that kind of personality and ego is impossible to work with. She should go.

Lois on August 2, 2011 at 8:39 am
    • I agree. She has good taste, she knows how to take control, she is very irritating to watch! I give her "partners" a lot of credit. I couldn't work with her and I doubt I would watch her. However, I thought the same thing about Sarah Richardson years ago and now I think she is wonderful.

Gerrie on August 3, 2011 at 5:41 pm
  5. Cathy's ego and attitude are much larger than her talent. To me, she acts like she's better than any of the other designers and while she does have "some" taste, she cancels it out by not allowing anyone else to have an opinion. She always just wants to shop and not get her hands dirty with the actual design elements, which is alot of what designing is all about! She just needs to go!!!

Tammy on August 2, 2011 at 9:24 am
    • I agree….she treats others as if they are serfs in the middle ages….she never sees it….wow…vote her off!!!

jmurphylone on August 2, 2011 at 2:01 pm
  6. WHO GOT KICKED OFF LAST NIGHT, I FELL ASLEEP. OOPS!

TERI RANDAZZO on August 2, 2011 at 9:49 am
    • Brett

Babs on August 2, 2011 at 11:19 am
  7. Kathy is intolerable and irritating. She thinks she has the best "design ideas" and can't seem to get along with ANY of the other designers. I CERTAINTLY hope HGTV doesn't pick her. If that happens, I'm with everyone else. . . . . .I WON'T watch the show

Debbie

Debbie on August 2, 2011 at 11:30 am
  8. O.K. I agree that Brett droppped the ball, or in actuality never stepped up to the plate but Cathy Hobbs hasn't done anything resembling design, other than pick out furniture designed by someone else. How has she slipped under the radar?

CharlesD on August 2, 2011 at 11:40 am
    • She just loves to shop and do NO work!

ninnersmama on August 2, 2011 at 3:38 pm
    • I think they keep her nasty, imperious, obnoxious, arrogant self on the show for dramatic tension. There is nothing special about what she does unless you count her talent for pissing off all her partners and dumbing down all their "collaborative" designs. She'll be gone soon enough.

Rockermom on August 2, 2011 at 4:31 pm
    • Maybe, the fix is in?

erikcreature on August 2, 2011 at 6:24 pm
    • If they allow Cathy to continue, they are just sending the message that being a shopping diva is all the talent it takes to win Design Star.

CAT on August 3, 2011 at 7:03 pm
  9. It is my hope every week that Cathy will get the boot but she is still going….If she doesn't go soon I am going to stop watching. I cannot stand her arrogance and better than everyone and every thing attitude. I love Mark's ideas I think he is very talented and I would love to have him do a room in my house. I know for sure that if Cathy wins Design Star I will NOT watch her show.

Theresa on August 2, 2011 at 11:57 am
  10. I agree cathy must go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

szf on August 2, 2011 at 12:08 pm