Kayla Kitts

Contributor to HGTVersus

Aug 12

Create Your Own Dream Kitchen in 3 Days or Less

Dream Kitchen

Inspired by this week’s dream kitchen episode of Design Star? Spruce up your kitchen this weekend with our collection of 12 projects that can be done in three days or less. From this modernized kitchen chandelier to a DIY glass tile backsplash, give your kitchen a new look that even Vern, Genevieve and Candice would love.

Check out all our easy kitchen update ideas >>

What would your dream kitchen look like? Tell us in the comments below.

Posted at 10:00 am

38 Comments

1. I can tell you now that if Kathy wins Design Star I will not watch her show! Don't the judges get how hard she is to work with? NO ONE can work with her!

MelodyeR on August 15, 2011 at 5:20 pm
    • I will boycott her show for sure she is the most obnoxious contestant

Louise on August 15, 2011 at 6:14 pm
  2. the other designers should sit back and just let Cathy do it all……….. Maybe that would allow the judges to understand what they have not been able to see so far!

Cathy needs TO GO…………..

stone on August 15, 2011 at 5:33 pm
  3. A stove next to a wall is not a good idea. There needs to be counter space on EACH side of the stove for kitchen work. Dark blue is NOT a good color except on a rare occasion. Chandelier in the kitchen? Not for a kitchen…NO WAY. The chandelier over/near the stove requires often cleaning and NOT a good idea either. You need better designers OR better judges!!!

anny on August 15, 2011 at 5:33 pm
  4. FINALLY……!!!!!!!!!

Stone on August 15, 2011 at 6:00 pm
  5. Thank you judge's for finally sending Cathy home. I was at my wit's end. I have never miss an episode of Design Star. I have been with you from the 1st episode of season one, until now. I was about to bid you ado. I could not take one more week of her. I am sure the remaining contestant's thank you too.She was like finger nails on a chalk board. Thank You, Thank You, Tank You!!!

freckles61 on August 16, 2011 at 12:24 pm
  6. Game over & Bye Bye "Miss Know it All…..Cathy" I can't wait to see the remaining shows. I think the remaining Designers will be stepping up their game and ejoying their time without Miss Know it All. Good luck and have fun..

Denise4870 on August 16, 2011 at 6:55 pm