Kayla Kitts

Contributor to HGTVersus

Aug 12

Sneak Peek: Episode 6

This week, the designers switch gears to work on a group challenge: design a wedding reception in just 2 days! But the honeymoon is over for some designers…watch a sneak peek of the action.

HGTV Design Star Contestants

Predictions: Who do you think will go home this week? Tell us in the comments below.

Posted at 2:16 pm

332 Comments

1. Well obviously Cathy should go home, but since this season is fixed why don't you just someone truely talented like Karl home!

CharlesD on August 12, 2011 at 10:32 am
  2. I think that Cathy needs to go too!!! She has demonstrated a total lack of ability to work WITH others. It seems to me that this skill is very important. A show for Cathy could be called the "It's all about me show.". It would be show I couldn't bear to watch.

Kathleen Moore on August 12, 2011 at 10:44 am
    • yes i totally agree kathy needs to home because she wants to controll everything and every one

ruthie on August 12, 2011 at 12:07 pm
  3. Everyone I talk to about this new series from HGTV agrees that the judges are over looking the conflict between the designers that is very evident in every challenge. It seems there is favortism toward one person who truly is not a designer but a loud mouth do my way or else – which is Cathy. Reading the posts on this website, there seems to be a consenus that Cathy is not a favorite, yet why would the judges be over looking that conflict? Maybe this brings in more viewers who expect drama from this series and she adds the excitement, yet there is no talent just a loud obnoxious person who I would not even consider letting into my home for a renovation.

EdG on August 12, 2011 at 10:59 am
  4. Cathy? Yawn.

I want to see the true designers work together. It's the great design that interesting.

This friction-filled version of Big Brother is a real snooze.

Margo on August 12, 2011 at 11:10 am
  5. If the HGTV judges are looking for a "star" to host a new series, IT IS NOT CATHY! She does not work well with other designers, has an obnoxious personality, and should be embarrassed to call herself a "stager." In particular, the kitchen that she "designed" was so cluttered, it made me nauseous. I guess she hasn't figured out that good staging should make a person want to sit down in a room and stay, not slam the door and run! I think Vern has is blinded by the fact that Cathy speaks well on camera. Duh . . . she was a television reporter. because of her background, she should have an advantage in that aspect of the competition. Although she is a very attractive woman, that cheesy, fake smile she displays shows way too much of her gums. When most people smile, their teeth show, not their gums. Not a good look. Her big, cheesy smile, showing a tremendous amount of her gums, make her look like a horse. A smaller smile, showing only her teeth, would make her look so much more attractive and genuine. I VOTE TO GIVE CATHY THE BOOT!

By the way, I wonder why Cathy is no longer a television reporter.

Donna on August 12, 2011 at 11:27 am
  6. Wouldn't it be great if the MOST TALENTED DESIGNER actually won and other bias or reasons didn't come into play as it seems like it is now..

What happened to some of the other Degisn Star winners who were not really all that talented but were voted the winner for some reason? What happened to the perky black designer a few years ago who was not really talented but won? I've not seen her show on HGTV in a long time. What happened to the blonde woman who won awhile back? Did she ever get a show?

Guest on August 12, 2011 at 12:42 pm
  7. I know these shows were taped earlier this year and they already know the winner. What I want to know is did
    they tell the designers at the start that Cathy already is one of 20 designers they have working for HGTV on
    a show from Canada??? If not, it was very unfair to the other designers. You can look her up on another web
    page from HGTV in Canada……..What did she do to get on here??? Bully a producer like she does all the rest
    of the people she works with!!!! Sammy

Sammy on August 12, 2011 at 12:45 pm
  8. I am so in agreement that Cathy should go, and after reading all the comments here it sounds like she might be the winner. If that is the case I will just stop watching the show right now. Cathy is completely obnoxious!

Guest on August 12, 2011 at 1:01 pm
  9. Why don't the judges get it or SEE it????????? CATHY!!!!!!!!!! Cathy canNOT GET ALONG WITH HERSELF let alone anybody else!!! She has to do all the EASY jobs during the projects and every finishing touch leaving her poor partner HELPLESS and THEN………………the JUDGES tell the partner they need to work hard and be bold and speak up and get their own ideas in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUDGES?? JUDGES?? JUDGES?? Have you been watched the FULL EPISODES?? There is NOBODY who could work with Cathy!!!! She is MEAN, PUSHY, ABSOLUTELY TERRORIZES THE OTHER CONTESTANTS…..REALLY??? YOU CAN'T SEE THAT???? She should have been voted off after the 3rd show because the only one she couldn't fight with was the white room which she TOTALLY did crap on and THERE ARE NO DO OVERS!!!!!! One chance was bad, two chances just wasn't even fair but now letting her win the camera challenge??? That wasn't even one drop fair…it's just doing her previous job!! Make the show more fun than that!!!! Stop telling everybody to "work well' with that evil thing!!! STOP putting us through watching her every week…..it just breaks your heart for the others and it makes a reality show not all that fun to watch anymore as we really don't get to see some of the Awesome talent on the show because whoever is Cathy's partner is automatically SQUASHED for that episode!!!!
    Please judges, let the show go on and let it be a challenge for those who could be capable of DESIGNING, not just blah blah blah in front of a camera!!!

sad on August 12, 2011 at 2:26 pm
  10. I agree Cathy must go, she is the kind of person who THINKS she is the best, over confident. She does not work well with others and does not give anyone a chance to voice there opinions. As I keep saying, the only thing worse than Cathy THINKING she knows everything is Cathy THINKING she is better than everyone else! I can't stand watching her and I definitely will not watch her show if she becomes the winner. Does anyone actually read all these comments because they are all negative and they are all about Cathy! At this point I really don't care who wins just as long as it is not Cathy!!! Go home Cathy and give someone else a chance to express their views!

Pattie on August 12, 2011 at 2:27 pm