Kayla Kitts

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Aug 17

Goodbye, Cathy

Three National Magazines

Despite the fact that her wedding was featured in “three national magazines,” Cathy’s drab tablescapes and un-romantic sweetheart table made the judges say “We will not be producing your show.” But she’s not going without a fight! See what she has to say about going home.

What do you think about Cathy’s exit interview? Tell us in the comments below.

Posted at 10:00 am

1,529 Comments

1. What planet is this person from? She has acted all along as if it were her show, bossing everyone around and not sharing the work . I really was surpised she lasted as long as she did, but figured it was a ploy to kept us all watching to see if she'd get the boot. Good thing, because now I'll watch the rest of the season. Couldn't stand another week if she were around!

Cheryl on August 17, 2011 at 6:09 am
    • agreed! exactly what i was thinking! i was getting so annoyed the last 3 episodes watching her boss everyone around!

Bri on August 17, 2011 at 7:05 am
    • I totally agree. I've wanted her gone since the first show. She does not play well with others, and it was her way or the highway. It seemed like Karl was acting like her this week. I have liked Karl all along, except for this week. Hopefully he'll go back to being nice Karl this week. I can't decide who my favorite is – it's either Mark or Kelly. I also love Meg. I agree – I can now watch the show easier with Kathy gone.

Terri on August 17, 2011 at 9:22 am
  2. Just proves that you really do not see your own faults; the sweetheart table was horrible, she was always difficult to work with and refused to accept any responsibility for her own work when the judges didn't like it. On the kitchen challenge she cluttered the cabinets with products, argued with her co-designer when he tried to change things and as always denied the fact that he didn't agree. Short of arm-wrestling her to the ground, she was going to place things in that kitchen where she wanted them regardless of his opinion. Anyone who watched the show "heard" that she had been published in three national magazines multiple times……..IF she was as good as she thought she was, she would have been offered her own show long before this.
    Thankgoodness she is gone, if she had managed to stay and get her own show I would never have watched it and been truly disappointed in HGTV.

HGTV Fan on August 17, 2011 at 6:16 am
    • AMEN! Love your comments – I totally feel the same way. Who in their right mind would put that much stuff on their kitchen counter tops???

Terri on August 17, 2011 at 9:24 am
  3. I am SOOOOO Glad Cathy Hobbs is gone! She was so obnoxious and arrogant. Thought at first she might be a good designer, but she can't get past herself! She is full of it! Anyway, I'm so happy that the judges finally made a good decision and let her go. Hope they don't let her come back either.

donna on August 17, 2011 at 6:24 am
    • I think the judges read our posts…:)

SavyJackson on August 17, 2011 at 6:50 am
  4. Monday I was praying that she went home. She literally thought she was the head designer and they were her assistance. great public speaker but her design style was very generic and lacked creativity.

sherry on August 17, 2011 at 6:35 am
  5. Finally……………………………She can design for more magazines now!!!!!

DAN on August 17, 2011 at 6:42 am
  6. YESSSSS!!!!! I am so happy to see her go home! She was way too arrogant and condescending to be on the show. I would NOT watch her. I'm sure she treats her clients the same way. I'm sure she is really talented but it is overshadowed by her attitude and lack of openness to working along with others. She needs to learn how to adjust herself and balance her emotions and professionalism. It's not all about her.

SavyJackson on August 17, 2011 at 6:49 am
  7. I thought it was especially ironic that Cathy got the boot on this wedding show — after she went ON AND ON AND ON AND ON about how she was published in 3 national magazines for her wedding design work. LOL!! That was priceless.

She proved what an arrogant, self centered, egotistical witch she truly is. I thought Carl was on the chopping block and wasn't going to be surprised if he was let go — but I cheered when it was Cathy!!!! Wooo Hoooo.

Debbie on August 17, 2011 at 7:03 am
  8. How arrogant can one be? She doesn't have a clue and my guess is she never will. I would love to see what she had published "in three national magazines"! Were two of them Jack n Jill and Highlights? I try not to judge people, but it was really hard not to with Kathy. I think she needs to go back to news casting. She seemed to be much better at that.

Cheryl on August 17, 2011 at 7:11 am
  9. I have to agreed with all of the above comments. Cathy was far too condensing, arrogant and did not work well with others. The judges alluded to all in some way each week but Oh! Cathy truly didn't heed those comments and knew better than they as she was afterall published for her own wedding in three magazine. Big Hoop-dee-doo!

Now maybe Carl and the others can show what they truly have to offer but judging from the trailer for next week's show, someone is in for it.

Nelle Walker on August 17, 2011 at 7:21 am
  10. What backstabbing is she referring to? Meg really did try to ask her what flowers she wanted, and she was ignoring her! The Sweetheart table was her "baby", so she should have taken the initiative to dictate the flowers. That wasn't Meg's job and Meg just told the judges what happened. This lady is so delusional.

Lauren on August 17, 2011 at 7:32 am