Kayla Kitts

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Aug 26

Sneak Peek: Episode 8

It’s down to the final four! This week, the remaining designers must redesign a NYC apartment on a budget — and tell a live studio audience at The Nate Berkus Show how to do it at home. But will self-doubt wreck some designers’ chances to win their own show?

Sneak Peek Episode 8

Predictions: Who do you think will go home this week? Tell us in the comments below.

Posted at 6:28 pm

160 Comments

1. Karl,
    I vote for you every day! Of course I like you, and you can do it. The skills and originality show through on the show, and you can be the next design star! See you on Monday!

Mag on August 27, 2011 at 2:26 am
  2. Even though she didn't do well with the challenge last week, I'm still routing for Kellie. All of these people are great designers if they get this far. :D

Emily on August 27, 2011 at 4:49 am
    • I'm for Kellie too!

Erin on August 29, 2011 at 6:24 am
  3. Karl – you have such a sweet and adorable personality – very genuine – don't doubt yourself!!!!

karlfan on August 27, 2011 at 5:47 am
    • I'm pretty sure Karl's going to win.

jax on August 28, 2011 at 8:03 pm
      • It's just after midnight and I'm going to vote for Karl then head off to bed. If you're a fan of Karl's make sure to vote for him. There's only a couple more weeks of competition left. He has busted his behind more than any of the designers and he's the most innovative too. At the very least, he deserves an online show. Night y'all.

Kelly on August 28, 2011 at 8:17 pm
  4. i am going for Kellie. She did bad last week but you learn from what you do and try harder next time. she would be a great host!

Beka on August 27, 2011 at 6:12 am
    • I'm going for kellie too.

Erin on August 29, 2011 at 6:25 am
  5. Go Karl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill on August 27, 2011 at 7:40 am
  6. I like all 4 of them… This is going to be hard… Good Luck you're all Amazing… :D

Ang on August 27, 2011 at 9:07 am
    • are you kidding these people are a joke… you would really let them in your house and do anything? wow

Polly on August 28, 2011 at 5:18 am
  7. I personally think that there is absolutely no talent in any one of these so called designers. I think the whole show is ridiculous and I can't believe I let myself waste the time watching these people ruin someones house without any regard to what the homeowner wanted. I have also lost respect for the judges as prior to the airing of this stupid show I actually loved watching their original shows. It is quite obvious at least to me that they also don't enjoy what is happening on this show with this joke of a designer team and they really appear to me to be embarrassed with all the results which I am quite sure has to be redone immediately following/ Wow, did they need more money that bad that they had to air this ridiculous show. I will not be watching this ever again. If the directors were smart in my opinion they would be better off extending Sarah for at least an hour and cancel this catastroph.

Polly Smith on August 27, 2011 at 2:07 pm
    • I have to agree with a lot of what you wrote, and if you're referring to Sarah Richardson, in my opinion her, and her designers are the best HGTV has right now…Sarah and Tommy are fun to watch, without coming across looking stupid.

Mark G on August 28, 2011 at 9:53 am
      • Her designs are pretty good. I don't agree with some of her choices but that's only because we have different taste. Not so much that her designs are ever bad. She's very 'main stream' with her designs – borders a bit on bland (to me anyway). She did a laundry room I would die for. But that's pretty much it.

Sharon on August 28, 2011 at 11:23 am
        • I used to watch her Design Inc. on a different network, and I like her ability to do all different styles, and do them well…Her sense of color amazes me…Maybe that's why I like most of what she does, even when it's not my taste…Her spaces always seem inviting to me…I also like the fact that she tells you exactly how much she spent, and when she's gone over budget on a space.

Mark G on August 28, 2011 at 11:37 am
  8. I bet Meg is going home!

Zorevi on August 27, 2011 at 7:27 pm
  9. We are going to lose power any minute and I am well prepared to weather the storm. What I am not prepared to do is miss tonights episode of Design Star! What a world, what a world……

MJT on August 28, 2011 at 6:54 am
    • "Mondays never looked so good" Don't you remember it's on Monday night now instead of Sunday? Today's Sunday. Not Monday…But the good thing is you can watch the complete episode on the HGTV website!^_^

ciinala on August 28, 2011 at 7:53 am
  10. I think Meg will be going home….she to hit or miss. And she really missed the loft area, it was a hot mess.

Denise Linton on August 28, 2011 at 7:18 am