Kayla Kitts

Contributor to HGTVersus

Aug 26

Sneak Peek: Episode 8

It’s down to the final four! This week, the remaining designers must redesign a NYC apartment on a budget — and tell a live studio audience at The Nate Berkus Show how to do it at home. But will self-doubt wreck some designers’ chances to win their own show?

Sneak Peek Episode 8

Predictions: Who do you think will go home this week? Tell us in the comments below.

Posted at 6:28 pm

160 Comments

1. I'm not a huge fan of Kellie, but when she told Genevieve that, "You're opinion of beautiful may be different than mine," I thought death rays were going to come out of Genevieve's eyes! If looks could kill, Kellie would be dead!. I prefer Vern over Genevieve. Genevieve seems haughty and bit full of herself (just my opinion).

Nene on August 29, 2011 at 6:38 pm
    • I agree.

Linda on August 29, 2011 at 7:15 pm
  2. my dvr did not record to the end.. who went home on ep 8

Kay on August 29, 2011 at 6:58 pm
    • Kellie

Marie on August 29, 2011 at 9:20 pm
  3. Totally agree!

Linda on August 29, 2011 at 7:08 pm
  4. I watched Nate Berkus Show this morning. Was very proud of Karl in front of the live studio audience.
    Some folks in the audience were so impressed with his books as shelves they spontaneously said "Ahh"
    Apparently they thought that it was an idea they could use and appreciated him showing them how to
    do it. (Which was the point of the challenge) When Meg painted on a table She asked the audience
    "Where's MY Ahh?" Mark called the silver leaf that he used on his desk lamp "tin foil" Kellie stapled a rug on a stool. To her credit, she had learned to show various stages of her project.
    Nate chose Karl as the winner of the challenge.

J. Miller on August 29, 2011 at 8:02 pm
    • He also should've won the challenge tonight! I found it pathetic for Meg to ASK the audience to 'ahh.' Glad Kellie is gone, bar stools were nice but that's where it stopped. 2 consecutive failures are inexcusable at this point.

Marie on August 29, 2011 at 9:27 pm
  5. To me her college background is enough to say she does not belong on the panel. She has a BFA in, I believe, graphic design, not interior design. So legally HGTV can't describe her as an interior designer or decorator.

Marie on August 29, 2011 at 9:00 pm
  6. I hope the judges recognize that Mark is the most talented of the final 3. He has excellent taste and beautiful ideas. His creations take more time to complete than the simple elements everyone else is making. If he does get his own show, he will have a crew to get his elements done, not like on the show so to me, time to complete his designs is not an issue. It is his creativity and camera presents that make him the best choice. I have been VERY disappointed in the people the judges have chosen the last two seasons. I do not like what Antonio does and I refuse to watch "the stylist" as I do not like her personality. She is arrogant and I don't like her "style"! Please choose Mark!

Cyndie on August 30, 2011 at 5:04 am
  7. I thought that the purpose of design star was to find a new designer to give their own show, not to give them to the ones that didn't make it. Also, if you give the winner's their on show, why aren't they still on, and why do losers such as Donna,(who, personally I can't stand) and Todd have their own shows. Also, your new design on a dime show is a joke, the good thing about the show previously, was that you had a team of three that could (as a team) makeover 1 room on $1000.00 with great ideas that the general population might be able to accomplish, or at least give people the idea to try something similar on their own. What has happened to HGTV? They appear to be changing the whole type of programming. You had a great show with design star and you change all the regulars and bring in types that do not fit with the show. Clive was a great host and his personality is much better for this show. HGTV, I am very disappointed with the programming you have now. Most of the old shows were much better. I used to never change the channel on my TV, but now I change it more than I leave it. I am very disappointed with you. David's new show is not as good as his old show either. You should consider Alice from season one. She is much better that the husband wife team. A joke.

Nan T. on August 30, 2011 at 6:34 am
  8. Frankly, this season is well loose. I am not convinced any of the designer seem rookies!

Nisa on August 30, 2011 at 9:00 am
  9. I think it came out right this week…sending Kellie home. I'm surprised at Meg's result on her room. She put in a lot of effort. Mark's room was arranged in a great way. The blank wall wasn't his style. Karl is very creative…books making a bookcase! Who would have ever thought that one up?

I love the show. I hope the best one comes out the winner.

Gen. needs to remember that she put moss on a wall one time. It would have been better left blank!

Vanda on August 30, 2011 at 11:07 am
  10. I want Mark to stay! I like his ideas, his taste level and his designs. He is some one I can not only relate to but has ideas that would easily work in many spaces. (I loved his rope ladder and I would like to take the skateboard idea and make it for the Youth Center.

Meg is nice but, not innovative and I would not watch her show .

Karl has some good designs – he is rather a snob and his comment about designing a space on a budget was off-putting. Sorry to say but the average HGTV fan is not probably going to be spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to design a space.

Debi_ on August 30, 2011 at 12:54 pm