Kayla Kitts

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Sep 2

Sneak Peek: Episode 9

This week the final three face their toughest challenge yet: design an entire house in just two days. Who will succeed and who will go home? Watch an exclusive clip of the action.

Design Star Contestants

Predictions: Who do you think will make it to the finale? Tell us in the comments below.

Posted at 2:47 pm

178 Comments

1. So disappointed to see Mark Leave – he looks like a star – acts like a star – and his work is premium – sorry to see him go – I think HGTV should definately take a look at getting him no matter….I love HGTV – I watched this show to see him – that smile alonge way inviting – his ideas out of the box and inspiring. So disappointed cant believe he is gone. The other 2 are good but I wouldnt want to tune in to watch them – sorry – guess its the way you look at things

debbie kelly on September 5, 2011 at 6:08 pm
  2. Meg gets more grating every week. She does not have talent. If the judges were not in love with her for some unknown reason she would have gone several weeks ago. My friends and I will NOT…NOT watch any show she is in if she wins.

Karl is by far the very best designer. As for personality and camera challenges, Meg seem so fake compared to Karl.

Meg's personality sorta of reminds me of the woman who won Design Star back near the beginning. She had that same bubbly, chubby, no talent thing going on. Do you see her show any more? NO! She had nothing but fake personality. Meg has such an irritating voice and each week it gets worse no matter how bubbly she gets.

Do any of you watch a show on HGTV simply because of the personality of the host even if the host is without talent?

Sammy on September 5, 2011 at 6:15 pm
    • Criteria for winning has officially been changed from having talent to just being bubbly.

Sagebrush on September 5, 2011 at 9:42 pm
  3. Truly, I am surprised/shocked at all of you pulling for Karl. he is icky to watch. silly and way to into himself…think M.W. got the two guys mixed up. Never heard Mark whining about who would like him as Karl did in promo! Mark is a gifted, talented, skilled craftsman…if only he could have had better time management and tv presentation skills.He is adorable to look at! Who wants to look and listen to that Karl…..yick! I surely wouldn't watch a show of his! Hope Meg can pull it off! You said it best, MW…energy, fresh (creative) design ideas, magnetic personality and I will add….PIZazzzzz with sparkle! You go Girl!

diana on September 5, 2011 at 6:24 pm
  4. I noticed what you are saying as well……….just presumed no one was really voting.
    The percentages for Mark, Karl and Meg did change (and have) about 1% every couple of days….
    wonder what or how many votes it takes to make HGTV consider it a percentage point.
    In the end….what does it matter anyway…….HGTV will choose who and what they want.

diana on September 5, 2011 at 6:27 pm
  5. Karl is AMAZING!!! I do hope Karl is the next HGTV Design Star!

Lilly Giglia on September 5, 2011 at 6:43 pm
  6. e-gads!!!! I'm soooo sad!! I have not been a fan of Meg's designs throughout the entire show, but worse than that is the sound of her scratchy voice……if she wins…..won't be watching that show. What are you judges thinking? Mark is so appealing and I love his designs. I like Carl also, Meg…..that's a joke for me!!

9lalo on September 5, 2011 at 6:44 pm
    • yes, her voice is not something they can change. unless they wanna dub in a makeover voice when she speaks like hollywood did when the talkie movies came.

Sagebrush on September 5, 2011 at 9:45 pm
  7. I completely agree!! I have not like anything she has done, so if she wins I won't be watching her show!! Worse than her design is her voice!! It's like fingernails scratching down a blackboard. What a mistake!

9lalo on September 5, 2011 at 6:52 pm
  8. Thank you Tucker317! Mark was FAR more talented than either Karl or Meg. Karl is ok, but not a star! Meg is just plain disgusting. Who wants to watch a lady priss around a room all day. Not me! Mark was soooo talented and needed to take it all! So upset that he went home!

jeddicaanne on September 5, 2011 at 7:54 pm
  9. Seriously! Mark was beyond better than Karl and Meg. Meg, can't stand her or her annoying voice. Karl is sweet, but just doesn't have star power to me. I will miss Mark! So thought he should've won. Meg is who I think will win now…even though it erks me to the core. I will NOT watch her show if she does.

jeddicaanne on September 5, 2011 at 7:58 pm
  10. Karl 1st he's the best…..

Patriciann on September 5, 2011 at 8:08 pm