Kayla Kitts

Contributor to HGTVersus

Sep 2

Sneak Peek: Episode 9

This week the final three face their toughest challenge yet: design an entire house in just two days. Who will succeed and who will go home? Watch an exclusive clip of the action.

Design Star Contestants

Predictions: Who do you think will make it to the finale? Tell us in the comments below.

Posted at 2:47 pm

178 Comments

1. I love Karl but he looks too much like the adorable David bromstad and there is no one that looks like Meg, a chubby red head. Mark doesn't have the talent to have his own show. At least Meg, if she wins it over Karl, has talent.

Garden girl on September 2, 2011 at 4:10 pm
    • Meg's voice is so totally annoying that I could not listen to her for an entire episode!

ILuvHGTV on September 4, 2011 at 10:12 pm
  2. Meg and Karl are both likeable – Mark is a little too into himself. I'm pulling for Meg – she has real energy, fresh design ideas, and a magnetic personality.

M.W. on September 2, 2011 at 5:02 pm
    • I agree that Meg should be the winner with her bubbly personality and good eye for design.
      Mark's designs have been okay but the judges seem to overlook his faults and rave about some things that he's done such as skateboard mobile. It was fine but the other parts of his team put together the rest of the groom's area mostly without his help, He does not have the personality to convince me to watch his show. Karl certainly did shine on episode 8.

harri on September 4, 2011 at 4:46 pm
      • I think Mark comes off as calm, clear and professional on camera. Sure, he's not as "bubbly" as Meg, but when he talks to the camera, he earns my trust as a designer who knows what he's talking about. That's mostly what I'll be tuning in for.

Guest on September 5, 2011 at 6:53 am
  3. Karl and Meg for the final two……..Karl to win. I've heard that it is a 110 sq. ft. house. They couldn't do a large house in two days unless they have tons of help. They usually bring back some of the other contestents for the last challenge……..hope it's not Cathy.

CorvetteLady on September 2, 2011 at 5:26 pm
    • Upvoted for "hope it's not Cathy."

Guest on September 5, 2011 at 6:48 am
  4. I THINK IT IS GOING TO BE,THE GLASS HOUSE CHALLENGE! THEY HAVE IT EVERY YEAR.

bjm on September 2, 2011 at 6:04 pm
    • They haven't had that previously when there are 3 left only 2.

Patty on September 2, 2011 at 7:55 pm
      • Season 5 there were three. But I'm thinking it must be something different since this is supposed to be a Design Star first.

Stephanie on September 2, 2011 at 8:18 pm
  5. I think the two finalists will be Karl and Meg. For one thing they both have a different look—-how much longer could we go on dark bearded male designers and fluffy little blondes? Look at the women on the judges' board for cripes sake.

I'd kind of like Karl to win, just because I follow his design plan myself—one strong statement, two nervous breakdowns, one decision that I am a total failure and then I produce a pretty good piece (although not nearly as good as Karl and Meg!). But I think I lot of home designers would understand that.

Then I'd also like Meg to win because I have liked more of her designs than I have disliked, because I can understand her challenges when she says what she is going to do, and because she seems both talented and down to earth, a nice combination. Maybe I'm being just a little bitchy, but I always feel that Emily is much more concerned about what hair products she is using and how her skin in reflecting the light than she does about the actual client LOL.

Guest on September 2, 2011 at 9:01 pm
    • How slick of you to say something nice about both Meg and Karl in the same post.
      Let me say that I dislike Meg for the same reasons you don't like Emily.

I think she's pretty fluffy with all her comments about how she can "work the crowd all day" and asking if she can swim in the clients pool after the challenge and all that. Plus her voice grates and her camera presence is very distracting to say the least. And at least Emily has a unique point of view and style. I have yet to see what it is exactly Meg brings to the table other than demanding ooh's and aah's from the audience. It might distract some people from looking for real talent but she's just distracting to me period. Go take that somewhere else please. I will be switching my channel if Meg wins a show.

Pilar on September 4, 2011 at 7:46 pm
  6. If you haven't already, check out the Designs that Got Them on the Show section of the bio's. Mark has an extremely impressive portfolio, absolutely eye-smacking work. I think Meg is great, but her body of previous work doesn't really say much as illustrated by the photos in the bio. I haven't checked out Karl's yet… that's next.

Debster on September 2, 2011 at 11:29 pm
    • yep. Meg no design talent. Not even in her portfolio.

goodness on September 4, 2011 at 9:26 am
    • dont it stinks

lexi on September 5, 2011 at 5:27 am
  7. check out Tumbleweed Small House if you want to see what they will be working on! Way cool…

Mike on September 3, 2011 at 3:54 am
  8. SPOILER ALERT
    Meg wins.

Bella on September 3, 2011 at 4:56 am
    • How the heck can you say this? It's not gonna happen.

guest on September 3, 2011 at 5:39 pm
      • she's probably right. it's all staged. HGTV made up their mind. i bet she does too but not bc she has any talent.

Steve on September 3, 2011 at 9:24 pm
        • Meg's voice sounds like someone is choking her. I could not stand to listen to her so if she does win, this will be one show on HGTV that I will be turning the channel for the half hour she is on.

ILuvHGTV on September 4, 2011 at 10:16 pm
    • right on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lexi on September 5, 2011 at 5:26 am
  9. Karl and Meg will be final two. I'm hoping Karl wins but do have the feeling will be Meg but with Karl also getting his own show as well.

Bren on September 3, 2011 at 6:09 am
  10. I don't think it will be the glass houses; she said a first on Design Star. So it should be interesting. I like all 3 it's hard. But I have to agree that it will be Karl and Meg for the final 2. But you never Mark could come out on top. All Three are pretty Amazing Designers.. GOOD LUCK TO ALL… :)

Ang on September 3, 2011 at 7:48 am
    • i thought Antonio and Dan did most of a house for season 4. They are going to have to be very small houses to get it done in a few days.

Betty on September 3, 2011 at 10:16 am