Kayla Kitts

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Sep 2

Sneak Peek: Episode 9

This week the final three face their toughest challenge yet: design an entire house in just two days. Who will succeed and who will go home? Watch an exclusive clip of the action.

Design Star Contestants

Predictions: Who do you think will make it to the finale? Tell us in the comments below.

Posted at 2:47 pm

178 Comments

1. Mark to win with he and Karl in the final two. Mark shows far more talent with a good eye for style, with a good flair for the elegant. I believe the winner should be someone who inspires you and for me that is Mark and Mark along.
    As an example I don't want book shelves with the shelves as books, yuck! The best thing I saw Karl design was the bedroom, the headboard was superior and very cool, but unless I am missing something, that was it! And Meg, I just watched her hang pots and pans in an "upscale" kitchen on plain pegboard, boy that really caught my eye, and she didn't even mention who provided the "upscale" appliances! Her and Karl are way too un-designer, lacking talent for my tastes! Sorry Karl and Meg, I am sure you are trying your best!

tucker317 on September 3, 2011 at 7:51 am
  2. :( Why did Kellie go? Mark's room was worse than hers.

anonymous on September 3, 2011 at 9:07 am
    • i agree i loved Kellie :(

anna on September 3, 2011 at 11:43 am
    • omy what a short memory we sometimes have..Kellie bombed more than once..

Jonell on September 4, 2011 at 3:43 pm
  3. Tanika, we will not be producing your show. Hahaha.;)

Haha on September 3, 2011 at 9:08 am
    • haha i cant stop laughing :)

anna on September 3, 2011 at 11:44 am
  4. Disappointed with Mark's performance on last episode. He looked like he's burning out. However, I still think he is the best among the final three and will emerge the winner. He tends to look beyond the conventional wisdom and perspective of designing.

jimbo on September 3, 2011 at 9:50 am
    • I think Mark is the best. He always come up with unique designs. I can't stand Megs voice. If she wins I will not watch her show!!!!!

Brenda on September 4, 2011 at 7:50 pm
  5. i think Meg and carl. But i believe meg will win over all she will be the design star season 6 winner

lala4444 on September 3, 2011 at 11:17 am
    • Yep. Not because she has the talent but HGTV already decided.
      No point in watching anymore.

Steve on September 3, 2011 at 7:09 pm
  6. Thank you Design Star for listening to my frustration about finding out the designer that went home on your home page. I enjoyed watching without knowing who would go home until the end. I was truly shocked! Kelli's room won my heart. I did like the spoon idea and rug cushions. These were ideas as a mom I would actually try.

Lisa on September 3, 2011 at 12:00 pm
  7. i like all of there styles but i think that meg and Carl will be in the tops and then i would be happy with any of them winning !

Anna on September 3, 2011 at 1:39 pm
    • How anyone could put Karl and Meg in the same category for calibur of design, I don't know.
      It's almost an insult to Karl. If he wasn't such a sweetie, I bet he would take offense to that.

Steve on September 4, 2011 at 10:07 am
  8. This is getting boring. It's obviously Meg they chose this season.
    My interest is wavering to finish watching to the end.
    Meg is so underwhelming. I wouldn't watch her show. No thanks.

Lianne on September 3, 2011 at 1:57 pm
  9. You know how I can tell this show is staged and they have already picked Meg to be the winner?

In the past seasons, when folks like David B. and Antionio B. worked with speed and were obviously the well rounded designers who the team couldn't have done without (when there were team challenges), they were praised.

But not this season, only one person stands out the way they did and that is Karl.
    He works with incredible speed and seems to know how to put just about anything together.
    Neither Meg nor Kellie wanted to share the credit for the drapes in the Wedding reception that wouldn't have gotten up if it wasn't for Karl. He's the only one who has EVER finished tiling to completion on the show and it looked absolutely beautiful. Karl is the most talented, skilled and well rounded designer on the show. So what if he's a little shy on camera? So was David B. They had to give him special coaching to be him ready for his own show. You can teach that stuff but not innate creativity – which Meg sorely LACKS. It's a little ridiculous the judges have chosen her. She's a furniture owner for god sakes.

Karl should be given more credit for what he has added to this year's design team.
    I am disappointed in you, HGTV and shame on you for taking advantage of Karl.

Stewart on September 3, 2011 at 2:23 pm
  10. They should just call this show "Grooming the Next Design Star"
    if they have already decided to who they want before they get to the last episode. =/

Steve on September 3, 2011 at 2:32 pm