Kayla Kitts

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Sep 9

Sneak Peek: Finale!

It’s Karl versus Meg as the designers face one last test: Do a makeover for a deserving family and create a TV pilot. Who will succeed to become the next Design Star? See exclusive scenes from Monday’s episode.

Karl Vs Meg

Who do you think will be the next Design Star? Tell us in the comments below.

Posted at 6:10 pm

238 Comments

1. I can't wait to see who wins!

Libby on September 9, 2011 at 2:25 pm
  2. Good luck to both designers as they enter the final challenge! what an exciting time for them and for the deserving families for whom they are designing! I would watch a show (or two ) by either Karl or Meg.

cherjohn on September 9, 2011 at 2:30 pm
  3. Good luck to Chicago's finest designers Karl and Meg. I am pulling more for Karl, and think he would do a fabulous show!

designstarfan111 on September 9, 2011 at 2:56 pm
  4. i like them both both creative meg easier on camera but off carl is really friendly soooooo. we will see

susyn dragness on September 9, 2011 at 3:03 pm
  5. Im tired of Karl being so "overwhelmed" on TV. YOU"RE Auditioning for a TV SHOW.. Get over it.. I dont think he was the right choice for the final 2!

DSSTAR123 on September 9, 2011 at 3:04 pm
    • one can be overwhelmed by anything in life. have you ever felt overwhelmed with your job? sheesh.

MayTheBestWin on September 10, 2011 at 1:36 am
      • Editing, my dear. We saw what the producer's want us to see.

Nancy W on September 10, 2011 at 9:02 am
        • Yes. Can we get rid of the producers for their poor selections…the way they got rid of some of our favorite designers with such inconsistency in their decision making process? I mean come on Meg got a pass in her white room challenge and the judges never even mentioned her wall color. Then the next episode, Genevieve called that same color, the color of "Organ Meat" while they ripped Doug Hines to shreds on his poor design. (BTW- that was the episode Mark was paired up with him where he was too busy doing his wood installations that he ran out of time to help finish the rest of the room.)

Derrick on September 10, 2011 at 9:16 am
          • Not true. Mark had given up trying to convince Doug to change the awful paint color. He was so frustrated he just did what he could do to hopefully save the project.

sammy on September 10, 2011 at 11:22 am
          • Sure. Stick to that story. It doesn't matter if he tried to convince Doug. He didn't lift a finger to help finish the rest of the room because he was busy doing his own thing. I think Mark's talented and I love his portfolio but he has time management issues and we have seen that time and time again. Let's not confuse the issue here. This is not about Mark's creative ability.

Derrick on September 10, 2011 at 11:42 am
          • Derrick, u are absolutely right. I thought I was the only one that saw that. This is the first time the winner of the white room challenge isn't in the finale. Mark is way to slow and only completes one great item per room. Meg shouldn't be in the finals at all.

Risa on September 10, 2011 at 3:41 pm
  6. Happy to hear Chicago is being represented! I don't live there but it's nice to know the city is getting some recognition :) Good luck to both contestants! It's not easy making it to the final 2.

Go KARL!! I really only plan to watch your show so I hope you win. You are a very talented and skilled designer. And if don't win, you are still by far the most genuine personality and talented designer this season to me. It was my pleasure to watch you improve on your camera challenges and really watch you grow. I especially loved the moments where you tripped up a bit (B&B half table on wall)! :) I am confident with or without a TV show, you will be the most successful and accomplished designer because great design speaks for itself!

HGTVfan on September 9, 2011 at 3:19 pm
  7. @ DSSTAR123:
    Why don't you try out for next season DSSTAR123? It was a pleasant read here until i got to yours…
    Plus, there's a good chance Meg is the winner.

Don't you think it's enough of a humiliation to be on TV while people watch you have a melt down?
    Why do you have to add salt to the wound? Can't you just leave him be?

Karl has been a nice guy and helped other designers throughout the competition.
    He doesn't deserve for anyone to be mean to him, especially at the end.

Compassion on September 9, 2011 at 3:30 pm
    • OH she was helped at the wedding challenge , how about an idea of the loft bed ? somebody commented on the blogs a winner is not always a winner .. maybe a winner and will host a show so who's watching ? for sure not huge Mark and Karl's followers/fans oh the judges David and the producer and a handful of her fans

akita on September 9, 2011 at 7:24 pm
      • Good of you to turn a post meant to be kind into something ugly. You have issues. Seek help.
        This wasn't a post meant to put down Meg either! Maybe you're one of those plants to incite controversy so people would get mad. But that's just UNCOOL.

Compassion on September 9, 2011 at 8:05 pm
        • sorry I don't have issue and I don't need help I'm just like the majority of the bloggers who are not affected ,l we just respect others' comments cool or uncool the reply was not intended for you just missed the right person to reply to so glad to see though only few get upset with comments you think are uncool I respect your opinion very much thank you very much for the reply

akita on September 11, 2011 at 9:46 am
  8. I found Karl's website last night and am a bigger fan than ever. The site includes pictures of his work from Design Star with a few comments about the designs; I am in awe of how simple he makes it seem . Not only is he is well-trained and gifted as a designer but he is kind and humble. I watch HGTV to be inspired and to learn; his show, if he wins, will surely be one I make a point not to miss.

KCMary on September 9, 2011 at 4:00 pm
  9. I really hope Meg becomes the next design star. I have been supporting her since the beginning. I'm very proud of her for making it this far. If she wins i will vote constantly for mark to get his own online show because he is extremely talented

Megfan on September 9, 2011 at 4:55 pm
  10. Karl has been the most consistent of all the designers this season. He has had some wonderful design
    ideas. Meg just hasn't shown me very much, her personality on camera is just a bit much for me.
    This week should be a very interesting challenge.
    I really liked having the guest judge; they looked at the designers with a fresh viewpoint.

Sarah on September 9, 2011 at 5:48 pm