Kayla Kitts

Contributor to HGTVersus

Sep 13

David on the Finale: “Can You Handle This Moment?!”

David on the Judging Panel

David dishes on what it was like to be in the elimination room while the judging panel deliberated. Plus, why his heart was beating “1000 times a minute” and what is “the golden ticket for fabulous.”

What did you think of the season finale? Did you think the right designer won out? Tell us in the comments below.

Posted at 10:41 am

224 Comments

1. I'm heartbroken. Here was a chance for HGTV to have a host with some depth. Instead you chose bubbly verging on raucous.

Jojo on September 13, 2011 at 6:58 am
  2. Why do they all say the camera loves Meg? I just don't agree with that. I also don't think she was the clear winner, Karl is the better designer.

CorvetteLady on September 13, 2011 at 7:02 am
  3. I guess you had to follow the party line, David. But choosing Meg as the "better designer" was a big mistake. She turns off as many as she pleases with her camera persona.

Betty on September 13, 2011 at 7:17 am
    • Completely agree, Betty. So many other good choices. They blew it big time.

Emily on September 13, 2011 at 7:45 am
  4. I agree with the previous comments, my vote was 100% for Karl. He was the better designer and the better host, easy to watch with a good eye for design. What a real shame for HGTV viewers that the wrong decision was made.

karen on September 13, 2011 at 7:21 am
  5. I, too, am heartbroken… the finale had a game show feel to it with actors as designers. I was so looking forward to a show with a designer who focused on the work and the client (think Karl or Michael Payne from Designing for the Sexes). I had such high expectations… sigh…

KCMary on September 13, 2011 at 7:22 am
  6. Meg is bubbly. Karl worked really hard to improve the camera challenges. Design Crimes?? Puh-leeze. I'll watch at least once. How many people want to say they've committed a "crime" as opposed to needing some design inspiration?

brightintexas on September 13, 2011 at 7:25 am
  7. To be honest, "Design Crimes" reminded me of a skit they would have on Sesame Street (a favorite show of my daughter). The design panel shocked me. Meg is the "girl next door" but she is also the "designer next door" A.K.A…my friends that are good at choosing paint colors, etc. could design as well as she did. No joke. Not one thing she did the whole season inspired me. HELLO>>>how about MARK??? KARL??? Each had numerous inspiring moments. Karl has an amazing designer/architect eye and Mark brings the much-needed male/rustic inspiration to HGTV. WHO is your target audience for Meg? WHAT does she bring to HGTV???? Big mistake, lost opportunity.

Emily on September 13, 2011 at 7:44 am
  8. I didnt watch, have no interest in seeing Meg. What a mistake! Still think Mark should have been there, but hell, please, Meg instead of Karl! Who is gonna watch Meg???? HGTV you really blew it this season, what a bomb!

marina on September 13, 2011 at 7:47 am
  9. If anyone cares at HGTV, a big NO–the right designer did not win. Karl's room was superior to Meg's. Her furniture placement was basic design 101 and seeing the pictures scattered on the wall above the buffet looked terrible. As most people have said, I won't watch her show.
    I can only hope that HGTV cancels her show after a few episodes and brings Karl on for his own show.

CA dreamin on September 13, 2011 at 7:58 am
  10. WHAT A LETDOWN…….KARL SHOULD HAVE HIS OWN SHOW SOON…………………….:)

DAN on September 13, 2011 at 8:07 am