Kayla Kitts

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Sep 15

Your Design Star Fan Favorite Is…

Drumroll please…this year’s Design Star fan favorite is…Kellie! Throughout the season, this mother of two from Edmond, Okla., won viewers’ hearts with her “warm contemporary” style and equally warm personality. Mark came in at a very close second.

Kellie Clements: Fan Vote Winner

Congratulations, Kellie! Check back here soon for updates about Kellie’s new online show.

Update: Thanks to all who voted for the Design Star fan favorite this year!  We had more than 1.2 million votes total, and while Mark netted lots of votes towards the end of the competition, it wasn’t enough to topple Kellie’s lead.

Posted at 11:50 am

495 Comments

1. I thought the voting ended at noon. How can there be a winner at 11:50 a.m. Mark got ROBBED!

TeamBeard on September 15, 2011 at 7:54 am
  2. Noooooooo! It should have been Mark!

lilimia on September 15, 2011 at 7:55 am
  3. I was just in the process of sending in my 10th vote for Mark when "miss Mouth" popped up on the screen! Jeez, Design Star 2011 has been a total flop and waste of my time…!!!!

Will never watch again, thanks for absolutely nothing HGTV…!!!

stone on September 15, 2011 at 7:58 am
  4. yes, It said voting through 9/15, didn't see a time, so I expected voting through the whole day, this is so unfair to Mark given the closeness of the vote!

jann brown on September 15, 2011 at 7:58 am
    • You're right Jann, he's been "crapped" on this entire season…..

stone on September 15, 2011 at 8:00 am
      • I know, and a friend of mine went to high school with Mark, but I was voting for him before I even knew that. I really wish HGTV would do right by these "contests."

jann b on September 15, 2011 at 8:26 am
  5. YAY!!!!!!!! Congratulations Kellie!!!!! You are a very talented designer and I can't wait to see your show!!!!

DSFAN on September 15, 2011 at 7:59 am
  6. YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deanna on September 15, 2011 at 8:00 am
  7. Well, this is the second choice that i do not agree with HGTV about. Also KNOW i am not the only one that disagrees with the First, which happened Monday night! I was a shocker, but not in a good way. =o) But may the competition continue!

Bryan on September 15, 2011 at 8:01 am
  8. YES!!! Go Kellie!!! The thing about it is to all of you people that are upset, Kellie has been the top of the fan favorite the WHOLE time. It wasn't until the very end the Mark even started to catch up. Kellie deserves to win. If you wanted Mark to win you should have been voting earlier than the last week. And Eilleen, it has NOTHING to do with race. Grow up.

MAC on September 15, 2011 at 8:02 am
  9. Who can be against goodness and great talent! Congrats KELLIE!!

grated on September 15, 2011 at 8:02 am
    • We're not voting for "goodness". Could you be more lame??

salviati2 on September 15, 2011 at 8:29 am
  10. I thought it was a great season! All of the designers were very capable. I am excited Kellie won – she has a warm down home style.

Linda on September 15, 2011 at 8:02 am