Kayla Kitts

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Sep 15

Your Design Star Fan Favorite Is…

Drumroll please…this year’s Design Star fan favorite is…Kellie! Throughout the season, this mother of two from Edmond, Okla., won viewers’ hearts with her “warm contemporary” style and equally warm personality. Mark came in at a very close second.

Kellie Clements: Fan Vote Winner

Congratulations, Kellie! Check back here soon for updates about Kellie’s new online show.

Update: Thanks to all who voted for the Design Star fan favorite this year!  We had more than 1.2 million votes total, and while Mark netted lots of votes towards the end of the competition, it wasn’t enough to topple Kellie’s lead.

Posted at 11:50 am

495 Comments

1. I have to agree with the other voters. If the voting is supposed to continue through 9/15(I never saw a cut off time) then how can a winner be declared before 9/16? The last minute surge of voters could definitely sway things…I don't feel like this decision is fair to all of the contestants. I'm not going to be petty and claim any racial bias but I will say that it's premature. It is definitely that!

DesignHobbyist on September 15, 2011 at 8:03 am
    • Absolutely, should have been to midnight, at least til noon as they posted, I tuned in before noon (eastern) and Kellies picture was in my face – what a shock!

jann b on September 15, 2011 at 8:30 am
  2. The thing that sealed it for me with Kellie was the look on that little boy's face when he didn't get his bunk bed! Like Santa forgetting to stop by one year…!!!!

stone on September 15, 2011 at 8:06 am
    • I have to agree, I really liked her before then. But she was determined not to give the child what HE wanted-who does that to a child?

DesignHobbyist on September 15, 2011 at 8:10 am
    • she wrote about that episode on her blog! She tried to get bunkbeds!! they can only go to certain places to buy things for each project and the store had NO bunkbeds available… she did what she could with what she had! UGH im so sick of the freaking BUNKBEDS posts! the show doesnt show everything!

Guest on September 15, 2011 at 8:21 am
      • She did have a carpenter to build one, right?

guest on September 15, 2011 at 8:24 am
  3. And noon in which time zone? Was that even specified? Though we all agree the decision was made even before noon est!

DesignHobbyist on September 15, 2011 at 8:09 am
    • yes, I was on website at 11:52 eastern, at the latest and already saw Kelly named the winner!!

jann b on September 15, 2011 at 8:33 am
  4. It's 9:07, I thought we had until noon?

Linda2 on September 15, 2011 at 8:09 am
  5. WHAT!!!!! no!!!! Mark deserved this. You're telling me a voted about 3000 times for nothing?? :(

Hannah on September 15, 2011 at 8:10 am
    • 3000 times each day? All your cheating for nothing. hahaha

Deanna on September 15, 2011 at 8:16 am
  6. Maybe the deadline was 11:50 for Kellie fans and 12:00 for Mark's fans……

stone on September 15, 2011 at 8:12 am
  7. Who cares. It's all a big joke.
    When Karl lost I saw the eminent defeat of Mark around the corner.
    Cept that it really doesn't matter since with online shows since hardly anyone watches them.

Plus, it's even easier to ignore the online shows since it's not a TV scheduled viewing like HH or something.

byebye Kelie/Meg! byebye HGTV! byebye DS!

Liz on September 15, 2011 at 8:13 am
  8. Mark has been encouraging his fans to vote from multiple computers and multiple computers for weeks and none of you had a problem with that. Linda Hudson admitted that she and her friends voted for him over 1000 times per day.

Deanna on September 15, 2011 at 8:14 am
    • How could you vote more than 10 times a day on one computer? Sorry he lost the competition and came in third.

guest on September 15, 2011 at 8:31 am
  9. YES! GO KELLIE!!

Guest on September 15, 2011 at 8:16 am
  10. I am so glad that Kellie won the fan favorite because I know she was my favorite. Although I did not agree with her decision to not give the child his bunkbed he wanted, I feel there were other designers that messed up far worst than what she had done. Mark was also one of my favorites through out the season, but I did not like him towards the end and I did not agree with him putting two different black splashing in the kitchen. Also, I am so happy that Meg won and I found her show more interesting than Karl's show, he kind of lost my interest, but he did have some great ideas.

Deanna B on September 15, 2011 at 8:19 am