Kayla Kitts

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Sep 15

Your Design Star Fan Favorite Is…

Drumroll please…this year’s Design Star fan favorite is…Kellie! Throughout the season, this mother of two from Edmond, Okla., won viewers’ hearts with her “warm contemporary” style and equally warm personality. Mark came in at a very close second.

Kellie Clements: Fan Vote Winner

Congratulations, Kellie! Check back here soon for updates about Kellie’s new online show.

Update: Thanks to all who voted for the Design Star fan favorite this year!  We had more than 1.2 million votes total, and while Mark netted lots of votes towards the end of the competition, it wasn’t enough to topple Kellie’s lead.

Posted at 11:50 am

495 Comments

1. Scripps Network Interactive has been aiming to build a multi-billion dollar industry on TV since 1994 when the founders decided to create programs based on Lifestyles Media. They are now going global.

They own , HGTV, DIY, the Food Network, Cooking Channel, Travel Channel, and now GAC (Great American Country). They want to be the gatekeepers on the latest hot trends and pick who they want to promote as a name for fame and glory – everyone from Paula Deen, Rachel Ray and Bobby Flay are owned by Scripps.

When one group of people monopolizes an industry that has such a huge impact on our lives and society, it is just another tool to control the masses through cultivating and influencing what it is we 'should' like, what we 'should' buy, and how we 'should' live.

That's a lot of power. So before you click on that remote control of yours to any of their network channels, keep in mind that someone is watching you. All of your thoughts and actions are being 'guided' by those who might not always have your best interest at heart. They kind of remind me of that cartoon show, "Pinky and the Brain." LOL!

I wanted to say this before I sign off HGTV for good. Not interested in gimmicks and would rather have the freedom of my mind to pick and choose what I like and what is of best interest for me, thank you. Will go read a good book from now on.

One Last Note on September 16, 2011 at 9:08 am
    • I could not have written it better myself! I agree that this country is going down at a neck breaking speed. Be careful though new Books are also a 'one eye monster' except for the classics! One has to use discernment. I am also signing off.

marilyn on September 16, 2011 at 9:48 am
  2. I loved Karl and Mark. I thought for sure both of them would win…

rachael on September 16, 2011 at 9:12 am
  3. congratulations Kellie! I voted for you numerous times, sorry you didn't get Design Star!

tish on September 16, 2011 at 9:19 am
  4. Way to say it Andi!

LaDonna on September 16, 2011 at 9:23 am
  5. Way to say it Lupe!

LaDonna on September 16, 2011 at 9:24 am
  6. It's called Design star for a reason. Anyone can go shopping for things to put in a room and call it design, it takes a real design star to be able to bring their vision to fruition The first time we saw Antonio we thought what a smart A** flirting with Geneveive. But he is truly a design star the same as Todd Davis. They don't just shop for things to put in the room, they actually design and make artwork, furniture etc. and that's why it's called Design Star. anyone can go shopping for things to put in a room and call it designing a room it takes talent to make something from scratch. Using power tools, to repurpose something in the room takes guts. Like what
    Todd, Antonio and others on the show in the past have done.

guest on September 16, 2011 at 9:24 am
  7. Really don't care who won the online challenge…but Meg won the show? Design Crimes…seriously? Her presentation made me feel so anxious, it was as overfilled as was her room design. Out of scale furniture and objects for the size of the room and boring, yet again her sense of proportion does not exist. So sorry won't be watching that show. Would certainly have watched Karl's show.

Thia on September 16, 2011 at 10:14 am
  8. Oh, do you know Kellie and Mark? Yes, positive comments are nice but this is an open forum and folks get freedom of speech. Many of us are disappointed, have been and continue to be, with the way the producers and HGTV have taken this show. This is the forum for expressing that, even if you don't like it.

Thia on September 16, 2011 at 10:24 am
  9. The viewer and voter of this program are totally blind. I've mentioned it many times that this show is taped and was completed before it was aired people. Wake up, the winner was chosen a long time ago. They signed a contract not to inform anyone who won.

Ricardo on September 16, 2011 at 10:55 am
  10. I completely agree. While Meg grew on me through out the competition I totally thought that Karl pulled it out in the end and deserved to win.

Guest on September 16, 2011 at 11:08 am