Liz Gray

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

May 2

Meet the Season 7 Cast + Pick Your Fave

Hey Design Star fans!  Drum roll please…it’s time to meet this season‘s hopefuls!

Design Star Cast Season 7

Design Star's Season 7 Cast

Take a good look at these smiling faces: One of them will be your next Design Star, with their very own show on HGTV.  (Spoiler alert: It’s not David Bromstad. He’s been there, won that and is this year’s host and mentor.)

Browse the new designers’ portfolios, then tell me your first impressions: Who do you think will be this year’s winner?

Then, don’t forget to vote for your favorite designer to help them win an online show right here on HGTV.com.  And mark your calendars: Design Star premieres Tuesday, May 29 at 9/8c.

Posted at 7:18 pm

34 Comments

1. Do these design star contestants REALLY know what they are getting themselves into with the show?
    Wish all of them lots of luck,not necessarily talent and skill; they will need it to get through this competition. Hope it has been changed a bit and improved since the last time. Maybe Karl can come back as a guest mentor or judge!

cheryl johnson on May 4, 2012 at 10:07 am
  2. I hope it has been changed alot since last year – and maybe some new judges. Just watched last year's winner's show on HGTV tonight. I had to turn it off. Probably very talented, but the television presence and charisma of a cardboard box. Bring back "Color Splash."

Eric M on May 5, 2012 at 7:24 pm
  3. I agree with Eric M. Last year's was a terrible season. I still think that David is the best. With any luck maybe they can find someone almost as good!

Nancy T on May 7, 2012 at 10:58 am
  4. Bex Hale knows what she's doing, just watch, and you'll see.

@Waylan on May 7, 2012 at 1:53 pm
  5. Bex has the most incredible, stunning designs in her portfolio! I bet she brings it to this show!

LaceyDLauren on May 7, 2012 at 2:21 pm
  6. After reviewing their portfolios, I'm most impressed with Bex Hale and Rachel Kate. They may have color and texture down, but they can get tripped up if their construction skills aren't up to snuff.

Ellen on May 7, 2012 at 2:57 pm
  7. i only looked at rachel kate's portfolio, but i was really impressed. her first picture, the bedroom with the birds on a wire was darling, original, stunning, creative and probably really very simple! love!

Getting Fresh on Mau on May 7, 2012 at 3:45 pm
  8. Very impressed with Bex's use of assorted textures and bold colors and graphics!

elpe on May 8, 2012 at 7:58 am
  9. Bex Hale is truly a standout! So original! I've looked at almost all the portfolios and hers is the only one that doesn't mostly look cheap, or strained. =/
    I'd like to live in her designed spaces.
    Can't say that for the others. Bless 'em all, though.<3

Guest on May 10, 2012 at 6:13 am
  10. I agree that David has been the best Design Star ever!! I will never forget when they did the white box challenge…I said David Bromstad will win this whole thing! …and he did!!! No one has ever compared to him, in my opinion!!!

Julie P on May 11, 2012 at 12:14 pm