Liz Gray

Contributor to HGTVersus

May 30

Season 6 Winner Meg on Who Should Have Won Last Night

Meg spills who she thought the winner should have been last night. Plus, which rooms needed help and what she would have done differently.

Meg Caswell

Do you agree with Meg? Who do you think the winner should have been? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Posted at 12:30 pm

16 Comments

1. The collage must have looked much worse in person than it did to me on my television. I liked the way it wrapped from one wall to the next. Also, the colors did not look that bad to me — it was supposed to be an over-the-top, stimulating room.

However, I liked Rachel's portfolio the best, even before the series started. It looks to me as if and Danielle are the standouts at this point.

Moonbeam on May 30, 2012 at 12:09 pm
    • I agree with your comment. I thought it was supposed to be an over the top room. After Yuki put her collage on the wall, her so-called partner actually picked up trash off the floor and stuck it on her work and then used spray paint on it. It was so blatant. You know he had to have ulterior motives in that.

Kathy H on May 30, 2012 at 3:19 pm
  2. I was amazed at the judges comments. Maybe time for new ones. Danielle's room was all hard edges-one box after another nothing cozy about it. The sculpter was terrible , so he can weld! Moose on the wall was so cliche and nothing new I sure hope they are better designers then they appear to be

justakid on May 30, 2012 at 2:01 pm
    • I agree with you. We need a new format and new judges. Gen is good, but now that Candace is gone–well I guess that's why they brought in Mrs. Jenner. Now we know the show is more about celebrities than design. The show is just not current.

Rosa on May 30, 2012 at 9:26 pm
  3. I absolutely loved the bedroom with the chevron painted wall….the colors in this room were perfect! In a way it seems unfair that the great room with the high ceilings had a lot more potential to be dramatic than some of the smaller rooms. I agree the collage was horrible..something for a grade school classroom than a professionally designed room…

Lyndasue on May 30, 2012 at 9:03 pm
  4. I agree with most of what you said. The collage was not a good result but with a few changes it would've been striking. I think Yuki's partner sabotaged a lot of her ideas. Another reason for more 'single' challenges, especially for the first couple. Daisy Fuentes? Is she a designer? Artist? What? I don't think she added anything to the show.

Sue on May 31, 2012 at 5:13 am
  5. Loved Meg's comments. Agreed with who went home but glad she gave credit to the striped floor. Actually agreed with everything she said – called out some good details.

Maggie O on May 31, 2012 at 7:37 am
  6. Let's also not forget that this is TV guys. There seems to be more and more editing for a predetermined storyline, so what we see isn't always what is. I wish instead of trying to build characters out of the designers they would focus more on the design aspects and what worked and didn't. I have to say that looking at this years portfolios they truly have "raised the bar." There are some amazing talents in this group.

JustPaint on May 31, 2012 at 7:46 am
  7. Something happens to a good show when it's been airing for a while. It seems to lose its charm or maybe it's that it becomes too familiar. It definitely was more exciting. I also think airing "The White Room Challenge" weekly will take away even further from the show. The same thing happened to David Bromsted's former concept of "Color Splash". When it was set in San Francisco, with Danielle and Ian, it was a charming, entertaining show with brilliant designs. The chemistry between that cast was infectious. Now that it is set in Miami, the show is one big snooze with over-the-top designing that often doesn't work! What happened in the transition? The new crew is one big reason I no longer set my DVR to record it!

Jack Cataldi on May 31, 2012 at 10:51 am
  8. I know I get way into what I think is the final say on Design Star. For instance, I liked some of what Meg did last year, but I was rooting for Karl in the end. Well, I watched the 2 episodes online of Great Rooms with Meg – great show! Fun, inventive, and she's obviously a gifted designer. From now on, I'm taking a wait and see with all the contestants on Design Star.

Maggie O on May 31, 2012 at 11:18 am
  9. I think Meg is a big mistake, not just her size but the ad where she coyly sticks her finger in her mouth.How lame. I don't like her atll.

Sue2 on June 2, 2012 at 8:16 am
    • Sue2, I suppose you are thin, hot, and have perfect fashion sense? It's allowed to you be nasty and gross nonetheless. Enjoy yourself in the mirror as you age. See what you've you've got going for you then.

Sue2'sNasty on June 3, 2012 at 1:47 pm
      • I figured it out. You are actually Cathy from last season, not Sue2. Ha ha that is funny.

Sue2'sNasty on June 4, 2012 at 1:11 pm
  10. I was rooting for Karl, too. I thought he was more creative throughout the season and should have won. Meg has a good personality, but was not my favorite. What's the deal with the judges panel this year?? I haven't even figured out who the Kardashians even are???!!!! What a joke.

Tmom on June 2, 2012 at 10:26 am