Liz Gray

Contributor to HGTVersus

Jun 4

Tour the Designers’ Living Space

Want to gawk at all the details inside the season seven designers’ 10,000-square-foot Hollywood home? You can see all the beautiful (and not so beautiful) spaces created by the contestants, for the contestants in our Design Star 7 Cast House Tour Gallery.

Danielle and Luca's Design Star Great Room

Tour the designers’ living space now, then tell me: What’s your favorite (or least favorite) accessory or detail in this year’s house?

Posted at 12:51 pm

9 Comments

1. I love aspects of each of the rooms, but I don't like the bickering that some of the "stars" feel they need to start, when they are un-willing to listen to the other designers, and they expect that their vision of the room is the only vision to consider. Not sure how the designers can be placed with another one, without there being some friction-but it is a shame they ALL cannot be mature enough to act like a true "Star"?! (I guess this is where the real "Star" shines!!)

That being said-I have loved David since he won his Design Star show, and I cannot get enough of his designs! I miss his old show-before he moved to Florida-but he will continue to always being my favorite!!!

Melody Larson on June 4, 2012 at 6:49 pm
  2. It should be noted that Miera designed the contemporary C nightstands in her & Jordan's bedroom. Their carpenter made them to her specification with a recessed light shining on the lower shelf to highlight the accessories.

miera melba on June 5, 2012 at 5:15 am
  3. I thought the great room should have placed 1st in episode one. I love the muted tones, love the rug(s). Miera's my favorite designer, though, love what she brought to the Chevron room! The fact that she designed the nightstands definitely should have been emphasized, very nice.

Guest on June 5, 2012 at 6:00 am
  4. No one did anything about designing lighting to replace the awful florescent light fixtures, that this "mansion" is lousy with.

erikcreature on June 5, 2012 at 7:12 am
  5. What is the color in the great room!!! Love, love, love it!

@ThisMSLife on June 5, 2012 at 2:37 pm
  6. Some of the colors were was 2 loud. I do like the color gray in thed great room. that color gray was soft & prefect 4 that big room. Would like 2 know what gray color that is? Cos I would like 2 use it in my front room w/ the same color blue too/

hannahbanana55 on June 5, 2012 at 4:13 pm
  7. It really is too bad the premiere wasn't a longer episode to allow the producers their 'reality' moments and give viewers the design for which they're tuning in. There was so much actual design work that wasn't covered, e.g., what furnishings were designed/crafted (news to me about the nightstands), process of putting the elements together, how chosen, accessorized, etc. The panoramic and jump cut views during review just don't allow for the details to stand out. There are furnishings and accessories in these images that provide the layers that make for truly successful design.

Most of us watch this show for the design, not the trash talk or snippy comments. If I were interested in that, I'd watch those folks from NJ or those vapid sisters. Please keep the design in Design Star.

Guest on June 6, 2012 at 2:43 pm
  8. My favorite detail had to be the photography that Danielle added in the Great Room and her overall use of color and scale are mark on point. However, Hilari's border around the small television did nothing to awaken my creative juices.

chickiechickqueenie on June 12, 2012 at 5:09 pm
  9. What is the paint color they used in the Great Room? It is so pretty!

Guest on June 14, 2012 at 7:24 pm