Liz Gray

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Jun 13

David On Episode 3: “It’s Not the Design Star Way”

Host David Bromstad dishes on why this was one of the “most exciting challenges ever,” the out-of-control fighting and which rooms he’d design differently.

Design Star Host David Bromstad

Hear what David has to say from the set:

Do you agree with David? Is the fighting out of control? Did the right person go home? Weigh in with your opinion in the comments below.

Posted at 9:49 am

57 Comments

1. Agreed about Rachel, she is def. one to look out for. However, I think at least this time, Kris is getting the short end iof the stick n these veiwer commentsof the stick regarding his attitude with Meira. Has anyone watched the preview for next week? Meira is shown attacking diplomatic Danielle for merely being silent while processing what to do during a mix-up. Seems to me Meira is the one on the defensive. True, Kris comes across as bossy at times, but Meira seems to read everyone as difficult who doesn't communicate exactly as she wants them to. BTW, really glad Danielle didn't get sent home, she is one of the better designers, regardless of the wallpaper snafu this week.

Laura on June 13, 2012 at 7:49 pm
  2. Can we all just agree that Britney is the best combination of design talent and hosting ability?
    She's done great on all the challenges, she has a great television presence, and she's gorgeous.
    Who wouldn't watch a show with her as the host? I agree with other posters that say
    HGTV should focus on design rather than drama. Show us more Britney!

ddroden on June 13, 2012 at 8:05 pm
  3. I think Bex is good but she always had something that didn't work out as planned and would have to come up with an alternative (what to do with her personal object, the pvc pipe). If she had had time to mull it over, I think she would have come up with something better than the hexagonal shelves, but the point is that there isn't time to mull things over. She admitted it herself that she found out she doesn't work that well under pressure. The mini shelf with the books on it was kind of cool – they should have had an installation of those kind of shelves for all the little items – the scale would have been better.

Maggie O on June 13, 2012 at 8:58 pm
  4. Why Why Why!!! Is Stanley still on the show? He is an artist, Yes! But a designer NO! It makes no sense. Britany should have won this challenge the mirror wall was genius. Too much drama and not enough design. You sent Designers home and left Drama Queens…….You got it wrong Bring back Bex and Jordon.

DesignLove on June 13, 2012 at 10:45 pm
  5. Am I the ONLY person who noticed that in every room of the Kardashian's office every single contestant ignored the God awful (and cracked) ceiling tiles and cheap fluorescent lighting? Anyway, this may be the last season that I watch this show. First, David should NOT be hosting this show. I love him and his show but he absolutely SUCKS as the host for DS. WHERE IS CLIVE???!!! And please tell who ever is dressing David that he looks as if everything he wears was shrunk in the dryer! Secondly, the "drama". If I wanted to watch a "Survivor" format – I'd watch Survivor. I watch DS to see good design & do my couch judging – not to listen to Bex talk about how much she dislikes Luca or Luca talk about how Bex is running over him (which she was). In my opinion this show has had TWO winners that are worth watching – David and Antonio. I never watch any of the other winners. The ONLY change in the show that I love is the fact that the judges choose the winner now – not the viewers. I also miss Candace! Come on HGTV stop trying to fix something that's not broken??

Sue on June 14, 2012 at 5:25 am
  6. On actual design projects in the "real world", you are not, as in never-ever, working as a twosome with a jerk as part of the team. I don't think teaming people is realistic as far as completing design projects. Again, in the "real world", if you were ever working as a team on a project, you would know that person's personaility, work ethic and if there was good compromise, before you ever worked together. In what real world design project, would you ever team up two people who couldn't agree on color, style or mood?

I'mJustSayin! on June 14, 2012 at 8:52 am
  7. I do think that David and Antonio are outstanding. But also really love Emily. Not so much Meg. I just don't think she has the appeal of the other three. Not her fault. She is very talented.

brightintexas on June 14, 2012 at 9:58 am
  8. I agree with most of the posts that we need more design and less drama between the contestants. Presumably the contestants had to submit a portfolio to be considered for the show, so why is Stanley a contestant? I do hope that the show is not "fixed" and that a winner was not pre-determined. Most of the winners only get one season, with David being the exception to the rule and the "room crasher" guy who didn't win, now has his own show.
    I would definitely like to see more original episodes with Antonio. He is very creative and thinks way "outside the box". Meg is also creative and introduces a lot of creative arts and craftmen into her projects.
    The best designer on HGTV, in my opinion, in Candice. She always scores a homerun.

Diane Miller on June 14, 2012 at 11:41 am
  9. Now that the cat out of the bag is out on House Hunters being faked… it makes me wonder about this show, I record it via DVR and speed through it…..until the end….. I'm sorry Bex got axed, it seems those paired with the drama queens have been let go and the some of the drama people have stayed. I loved the way Brittany and her partner worked together as a team. There are certainly a few team players on the show and those you pray will get axed every week. At least Luca is gone.

gabbergirl on June 14, 2012 at 1:22 pm
  10. OK–why do we need to have the Kardashians on HGTV–enough of them already. I noticed that most of the show was shots of all the stores that the designers used in the rooms. Who cares??? I want to see more of the design process from concept to final product. I agree that the women are the top designers this season. Rachel and Brittney have consistently demonstrated their talents.

CA dreamin on June 14, 2012 at 3:56 pm