Liz Gray

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Jun 13

David On Episode 3: “It’s Not the Design Star Way”

Host David Bromstad dishes on why this was one of the “most exciting challenges ever,” the out-of-control fighting and which rooms he’d design differently.

Design Star Host David Bromstad

Hear what David has to say from the set:

Do you agree with David? Is the fighting out of control? Did the right person go home? Weigh in with your opinion in the comments below.

Posted at 9:49 am

57 Comments

1. Sad to see Bex go, but the hexagon boxes were really sucky. She has a great spirit though and I was looking forward to see what she might do next. I absolutely love Rachel, and have done so even before the show started, when I was just looking through the various portfolios. Rachel's style is right up my alley! Plus, she seems pretty well adjusted, emotionally, although she wasn't paired with Luca or Chris. I'm hoping the next to go will be either Chris or Meira. Chris is totally rude and Meira is a whiner and most likely borderline.

catocate on June 14, 2012 at 10:01 pm
  2. I totally agree with you about the horrible ceilings! I was thinking the same thing!

catocate on June 14, 2012 at 10:02 pm
    • Thank you catocate!!! I honestly thought I was the only one! LOL

Sue on June 15, 2012 at 6:05 am
  3. Britney is great, although my personal fave is Rachel. I think either one would be a fabulous design star.

catocate on June 14, 2012 at 10:03 pm
  4. I absolutely love love love the couch and chairs Rachel picked out. Red with black and gray is just too obvious. I'm not sure about the puce, I agree with you that it is a dull purple color; maybe they are more like chartreuse.

catocate on June 14, 2012 at 10:05 pm
  5. Totally.

catocate on June 14, 2012 at 10:07 pm
  6. Are you forgetting about "Secrets of a Stylist"? I wasn't able to watch that whole season but just lately have been watching her work and every new one I watch I am getting more and more impressed!. Plus there are lots of ideas I could put into place in my own home. Sorry to see Bex go home but for whatever reason she didn't shine as much as the others did this week. Luca still was blaming others and saying how good he is. Both choices appropriate in my book, even though I wish Bex could have stayed.

roseofsharon on June 14, 2012 at 11:45 pm
  7. Rachel and Britney are the two to watch.

Cherie on June 15, 2012 at 12:19 am
  8. Rachel played it risky and nailed it…the sign of a true designer.

Sally on June 15, 2012 at 12:21 am
  9. I looked up puce as I had always thought it was a green shade. I discovered that here in the USA puce is a brownish purple but in the rest of the world it is a green like those couches. I liked the couches. That is the thing about color – we all react to it differently.

Raylou on June 15, 2012 at 7:51 am
  10. Agreed about Antonio. He has a no-nonesense can-do attitude that is both uplifting ang creatively inspiring. His transformations also always have that "wow" factor. Would love to see more of him.

Laura on June 16, 2012 at 5:20 am