Liz Gray

Contributor to HGTVersus

Jun 13

Meg on Episode 3: “This is Real…It Isn’t Pretend-Land”

Meg talks about her favorite (and least favorite) spaces, the great details no one talked about and why she’s jealous of this season’s cast.

Meg Caswell

What were your favorite design details from last night’s show? Tell us in the comments below.

Posted at 9:00 am

15 Comments

1. Meg, that is a terrific summarization of Episode 3. The season is very exciting. Congratulations to the contestants and the Design Star production team!

Steve on June 13, 2012 at 6:43 am
  2. Meg, I was thinking the same thing! Those chandelier decals behind David weren't even mentioned let alone focused on! They were really cute and whoever did that deserved a lil credit. But overall everyone did an amazing job in my opinion. =)

Adri on June 13, 2012 at 9:41 am
  3. Nothing to say about Bex and Luca?

Critic on June 13, 2012 at 3:33 pm
  4. I'm not sure what the great thing was about the sofas. I mean, bravo that the client actually liked them, but if it were me, I'd be re-covering those things the second the cameras left the building. That color was big last year in clothes, and I hated it on every dress, too–it's just not a nice color. I'm not sure *why* Rachel or Kris liked it.

BuffaloBarbara on June 13, 2012 at 7:42 pm
    • I'm in New York where it is all about glam and the color of those sofas were awesome. That is what put the "pop" of color Kris Jenner was looking for and it made the room. The window treatments were fantastic, too!

Lauren on June 14, 2012 at 5:26 am
      • I like pops of color, just not *that* color. I find that particular shade of green really horrid, even when it was in for a few months last year and everyone was wearing it. I've never thought it looked good on anyone or anything. That's just a question of personal tastes, of course, but did leave me a little cold on the room.

BuffaloBarbara on June 14, 2012 at 6:12 am
  5. Meg, you are so right about Rachel's willingness to take a risk. She has done that every challenge and that is what makes her so fantastic! I have a large group of friends over every week to watch, and we all think it goes down to the wire with Rachel and Brittany. Rachel has a "real" quality that you just can't create. She's been our favorite contestant for the 4 years we've been doing this! Go Rachel!!

Lauren on June 14, 2012 at 5:23 am
  6. Bex was great, and she got saddled with such an uncooperative partner. (They even noted that anyone wh worked with him had trouble.) He earlier work was so great! I wish they had tossed someone else besides Bex out; not her fault she couldn't control Luca. Thought that was quite unfair. I didn't see HER putting up nail polishes! If left to her own devices, I'll bet those shelves would have looked terrific.

guest on June 18, 2012 at 7:14 am
  7. Yeah, it's probably about as "real" as House Hunters. Bahaha

disgusted on June 18, 2012 at 7:19 am
  8. on the show when Meg is "driving" i noticed her seatbelt was not on properly. i am not an over protective person but i don't think that is a good idea.

Joann Gardner on June 19, 2012 at 4:48 am
  9. Hi Meg ,
    I totally love your makeovers. They are well nthought out and beatifully come to life. thank you

olive on June 19, 2012 at 1:48 pm
  10. You are by far the best thing that has happened to hgtv in a very long time. Not only are younsupermtlented, but funny. You are the best hope to see you for a very long time. Thanks

Carolyn Picken on June 19, 2012 at 3:52 pm