Liz Gray

Contributor to HGTVersus

Jun 16

Sneak Peek: Episode 4

The design + the drama continue this week as the final eight take on an indoor/outdoor makeover for real homeowners. See what’s coming up next. (Hint: More pairs of designers butt heads.)

David Bromstad With Design Star 2012 Contestants

Watch two exclusive scenes from the next episode of Design Star:

Predictions: Who do you think will be next to go home?

Posted at 8:00 am

36 Comments

1. In previous years, there were thousands of comments on the Blogs and Message Boards. This year no one cares.

Episode four will have Meg as a judge. She knows nothing about design. All her "designs" look like dump sites. I don't want to see her size, hear her awful voice, watch her spastic movements, nor listen to her vacant opinions. How can you say the Camera Challenges mean anything, when you gave HGTV viewers Meg, as last year's "Design Star?"

erikcreature on June 16, 2012 at 10:19 am
    • Meg exudes working class. She is the polar opposite of the Candice- type. (By the way- my income is working class and I am not against Meg but agree that she does not have the "polish" that others may want to see.) The point is—HGTV has had too many missteps since they brought Jennifer on and then she couldn't fullfill her contract- so they threw us the bone of her paint-on series. HGTV is too worried about their ratings and attracting a wider audience. They need to keep their focus and do well for the audience that they have.

WillTryDSAgain on June 17, 2012 at 4:14 pm
      • Meg is actually an attorney turned designer….she does good work …she just has an annoying voice

HGTV forever on June 18, 2012 at 7:37 am
        • And because she has an annoying voice and is not the best of last year's designers on camera, I don't watch her show…. I say this not to disrespect her, but to question the judges who picked her over Marc who was wonderful in front of the camera…. Camera shoots should be a big part of the whole picture. If judges wanted to pick someone who the public would watch, wouldn't they at least acknowledge the voting that takes place online for the most liked designer?

Sue on June 18, 2012 at 1:48 pm
          • I agree with you. What annoyed me is that Meg was one of judges in the White Room Challenge series together with David and Drury (spelling)? Whereas she totally failed this challenge last season. Can anybody enlighten me why they pick Meg as a judge?

PRM on June 19, 2012 at 11:58 am
          • Meg was not a judge she just made a comment video

hgtvrox on June 20, 2012 at 4:56 am
        • fyi-meg is NOT an attorney. she got a degree in criminology, then went to design school, then opened her own shop in chi-town

peg5 on June 18, 2012 at 11:21 pm
    • Actually Sabrina Soto is the judge. And Meg is fantastic on camera.

hgtvrox on June 19, 2012 at 6:51 am
      • Meg will be a judge this season according to what the producer said. I had assumed it was this episode.

You think Meg is fantastic on camera? Pet your seeing eye dog for me.

erikcreature on June 19, 2012 at 7:15 am
        • Well bad assumption. There's a pic posted with Sabrina on the panel.

hgtvrox on June 20, 2012 at 4:57 am
  2. Okay, what's going on with the Voting? Why is Yuki still on the board with 24%??????

HELLOOOOO!!!! Is anyone home at HGTV?????

brightintexas on June 16, 2012 at 12:29 pm
    • I totally agree! Go Rachel and Britany!

hgtvrox on June 20, 2012 at 4:58 am
  3. I have to DVR the episode and find it awful that when I begin to watch the first image I see is the winner from the episode that ran prior— no need to watch it if I already know who won:(

everbsure on June 16, 2012 at 3:26 pm
  4. I do like Design Star show, it gives a chance to some great designers to see if they have what it takes. There can only be one. Keep up the good work and stay motivated designers.

Victor on June 16, 2012 at 9:22 pm
  5. what is the purpose of voting if winner has already been picked

d baker on June 18, 2012 at 5:07 am
    • the online 'voting' is so one designer will get an online version of a design show, when the show's actual winner is picked. (although, i still haven't seen last year's 'online' winner anywhere on hgtv, yet)

peg5 on June 18, 2012 at 11:17 pm
  6. Dropped by to see if others find the program as frustrating as I do. Vern and Genevieve speak…so…precisely… that it's difficult to believe they aren't following a script. I think many of the designs are quite good, frankly, but the ones with the most talent aren't getting the kudos they deserve (hello, HGTV – Danielle is fantastic & connects with the audience). A sofa hanging on the wall doesn't do it for me even while understanding the "imagination purpose" of the challenge. I'm annoyed with pairing designers; that's what stopped Bex from advancing, IMO. On her own, I think she'd be great but put her with a gorilla with attitude and I understand how her creative mind shuts down…so would anyone's. Just wanted to give some feedback because I've only just started watching it again after being abroad for a few years and find I haven't missed much. Cheers, everyone.

Guest on June 18, 2012 at 8:07 am
    • I so agree!!!

Sue on June 18, 2012 at 1:41 pm
  7. I'd like to see the designers be given another chance at working by themselves. This would allow each of them the opportunity to shine for at least one week without the drama of the paired contests. Can Meira really design or is all she can do is complain that people are disrespecting her? I'd like to see Stanley actually have to design a whole room by himself that has to be functional too. We'd find out really quick whether or not he needs to go home.

Craftygal960 on June 18, 2012 at 9:27 am
  8. I am worried that Danielle will go home next week. If so I will stop watching the show. She's the best and I think she is genuine. Many of the others seem disinginuine and like they are trying to play a part.

Renee on June 18, 2012 at 3:45 pm
  9. Hmm Sneak peek of #4 looks un-fun. I thought Danielle was trying to find solutions to the problem, while Meira was flailing and lashing out at her partner like a two-year old because the item had the wrong dimensions. Welcome to the real world, Meira! Hilary is beginning to sound as bully as Kris with the "not taking 'No'" routine. Send Meira, Kris and Hillary packing. Keep the rest and let them go solo next time around. Really want to see what they can do on their own. And oh, just adore David, Genevieve and Vern. Sabrina? She always adds positive charm factor.

Mangofish on June 19, 2012 at 7:10 am
  10. Can't put my finger on it, but this seasons DS seems boring. I haven't voted once which is unlike me, as I have been a huge DS fan since Season 1. Yes, I would have preferred Karl to win over Meg last year, and Dan Vickery to have won over Antonio 3 years ago, but that's not it. I started watching the same way I do every year and the show is just not grabbing my attention. I hated the whole Cathy debacle last year, so drama isn't what I'm looking for, the contestants just seem very middle of the road. If I wasn't watching The Glee Project at 10, I wouldn't bother sitting in front of the TV on Tuesdays.

CharlesD on June 19, 2012 at 12:41 pm