Liz Gray

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Jun 20

David on Episode 4: Guys, Bring Your “A” Game

David chats about how the girls are taking charge this season + the nights best and worst moments.

David Bromstad on Design Star

Hear his thoughts from the set on last night’s episode:

Which group are you rooting for — the girls or the boys? Voice your opinion in the comments below.

Posted at 8:46 am

24 Comments

1. I'm so glad Miyra went home, she was the one with a huge nasty attitude:)

Gillian Ashton on June 20, 2012 at 12:38 pm
  2. I hadn't thought about it while watching the show, but David is right about needing to have furniture near a pool on which to recline poolside.

Moonbeam on June 20, 2012 at 12:52 pm
  3. the video isn't working on hgtv.com

shelby on June 20, 2012 at 2:51 pm
    • the full episode, i mean

shelby on June 20, 2012 at 2:51 pm
    • Yep having the same problem and notified customer service. Episode 3 is broke as well and doesn't finish

Veronica on June 23, 2012 at 1:31 pm
  4. Do the powers that be know that the video on this site is frozen into a indistinguisable picture of pink and blue that is an affront to the asthetics of this show? LOL. Please fix the video people. Thank you!!!

fiyre43 on June 20, 2012 at 10:39 pm
  5. Please no more mediocre talent!

Which one shows design talent, the right size sofa or a chevron wood fence?

I thought the judges say that they pick winners base on their performance from day 1?

I could overlook flaws on camera, but I can't stand boring designs.

Why do I watch a design show or buy a home and garden magazine? Most of the time
    I don't even read the articles, I look for clever/unique design ideas.

Mediocre designers are not going to last on TV not unless you're a Clive Pearce.

PRM on June 21, 2012 at 2:13 am
    • P.S. Please, pick talents like David, Alice, Antonio, Dan, Mark, Karl.

PRM on June 21, 2012 at 2:16 am
  6. I know I'm not the first to put this, but I find it a bit off-putting that David is the "mentor" and then is so dramatic and frankly mean in these videos. If you think something belongs in the trash as you've said more than once, why not tell the designer as their "mentor" at the time instead of later talking s***? It seems to lack class and professionalism to say some of the things he has. I have no problem with your opinions David, but let's be objective and make comments that you yourself wouldn't mind hearing. Don't forget you were a DS contestant not too long ago, or has a little bit of fame gone to your head? I'm surprised HGTV would be so tasteless.

JustPaint on June 21, 2012 at 9:52 am
  7. This was an interesting show..my feelings are this: I look for good design that I can use in my own spaces..I do not like fads or over the top glitzy design, but designs that will stand the test of time. I would personally get tired of the green living room very quickly, Miera was asked by the homeowners to provide storage, and she attempted to do just that. The result of this room was classic, beautiful design that I would not grow tired of.. This is just it…the DESIGN was excellant only falling short in time and execution… are the designers being judged on their carpentry skills or design skills? The designers I truly love on hgtv are Candice and Vern…Sabrina is great also. I think this network is geared more for young homeowers on tight budgets who favor faddish design. I personally remember harvest god and avocado green appliances..ugh. That didn't last long, and most of the designs on Design Star wil lfeel the same in 5 years. I am sorry to see Miera go..her portfolio is stunning! I fear another design star winner whose show I will not be watching….

Lynda Zappone on June 21, 2012 at 11:53 am
  8. Lynda ^^^Please learn to spell and don't butcher the english language if you want people to listen to your inane comments. You're right, broken trim, dripping glue, poor scale and a thrown together room that was a bad idea from the start is a classic look for those with poor taste and bad judgement. Not to mention a bitchy attitude that seemingly nobody could work with. A Design Star that does not make.

DimeDesign on June 21, 2012 at 1:29 pm
    • Just for your information DimeDesign, I have a BA in English…I do know how to spell. I was typing through my tears at Miera leaving…So, I have bad taste and judgement? I think your screen name proves my point. This network is for those on a limited budget who love fads. I think Miera's work is for clients who can afford a quality cabinet maker….don't think your dimedesign would qualify.

Lyndasue on June 22, 2012 at 5:42 pm
    • Dear DimeDesign, I feel it was in very bad taste for you to comment on Lynda's grammar and spelling when you have three errors in YOUR paragraph. Being critical of the show and the desiigners is one thing, but personally attacking someone on this site is another. Please be more tolerant of others – and more kind.

DCbaby on June 26, 2012 at 12:44 pm
      • Ack!!! Call out the guards! Call out the guards!!! My finger slipped and I accidentally put two "i's" in designer. Whatever will I do? How will I go on??? :-)

DCbaby on June 26, 2012 at 12:46 pm
  9. Creating a divisive atmosphere such as "boys" vs. "girls" is just another ploy to create interest through immature means. The first insult to the contestants and the viewers is to refer to adults as if they were children. These are men and women we are dealing with. The next insult is to the intelligence of the viewers who are tired of the fabricated drama HGTV and DS thinks is necessary to keep people watching. Just let creative people create. That alone is entertaining. Don't create "favorites" and "bullies" like this is High School.

And David, if you must use tired corporate cliches like "bring your A game" don't forget "think outside the box" , "talk to me people", and "be an idea guy".

CharlesD on June 21, 2012 at 2:55 pm
    • Charles, once again you are correct in your thinking. I had read David's comments, but didn't stop to think about them. You are right.

Marylee on June 25, 2012 at 5:50 am
    • Yes, those cliches are SUPER annoying. Everybody on Tv says them, but they need to listen to feedback from their viewers.

scout on June 26, 2012 at 9:04 am
  10. Danielle
    I have been in similar situations where you are put under a magnifying glass. You start to doubt your ability or talent. Time to shift your mindset. You know what good design is. Trust your ability, your taste and your talent. Continue on your quest with your energy, charm and great ability.

Timm on June 21, 2012 at 7:02 pm
    • Danielle, I agree with Timm. Good luck to you.

Marylee on June 25, 2012 at 5:52 am