Liz Gray

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Jun 20

Meg on Episode 4: What the Designers Should Stop Doing

Meg Caswell - Design Star Season 6 Winner

Last season’s winner Meg chats about the best moments, the mistakes, the ideas she wants to steal (with credit) and the one thing the designers should stop doing now.

Do you agree with Meg? Do you think the right person went home? Voice your opinion in the comments below.

Posted at 8:39 am

23 Comments

1. Meg, Love the encouragement that you give! I thought Mikkel made some solid choices this week, also. He has such a talent for pulling the entire space together each week. We have seen that when he pairs up with another designer he makes the cohesive thing happen. Both Hilari and Britany on their own struggled with that aspect. When he was on their team, amazing things happen. Mikkel you need to flaunt it!

@marywithgarden on June 20, 2012 at 7:40 am
    • Why does everybody practically worship what these designers say about the show?!! It's not like they're geniuses or anything.

scout on June 26, 2012 at 9:07 am
  2. I am delighted that they sent Miera home. She had a nasty snooty attitude like she was soooo knowledgible and not once did she design anything that I would have in my home. I felt sorry for Danielle!

Jo Summersill on June 20, 2012 at 8:12 am
    • ME TOO! Miera should have gone home last week along with Bex and the other guy, all of whom deserved to be eliminated. Who needs a crier and whiner, both things that no one has mentioned but I'm sure David Bromstead and the others all think. Really liking Danielle but she needs to step up. She has the look the producers are looking for. And Stanley could be the next big Antonio. Fuggetaboudit.

Jean on June 20, 2012 at 4:05 pm
  3. yes the right person went home for sure! Can't stand her attitude.. would hire her at all! Whatever happened to the attitude of being a servant! YOu want to lead be a servant. oh HGTV just hire Stanley as a carpenter that is his passion, not a designer, it shows.. he loves building more then designing.. this is Trombone Player Wanted if I ever saw it!

abstractsbybrian on June 20, 2012 at 9:10 am
  4. Wow! It's as if Meg read my mind and said the very same things I wish I too could have told the designers, such as (1) complimenting Danielle on the good character she showed but also warning her not to let her own designs suffer in the future while trying to help someone else (I think HGTV has a crew that could have come in afterward and fixed whatever mess Meira might have left, so not so much need to worry that the homeowners would be stuck with it); (2) complimenting Stanley on his great work but, like Vern also did, warning him not to just be a carpenter building another designer's ideas; and (3) sympathizing with Rachel missing her daughter but warning her not to let it distract her so much.

Moonbeam on June 20, 2012 at 12:50 pm
  5. I think they should scrap the rest of the competition and just create the "Hilary and Mikel Show". The two of them were so funny together. I think they have the needed "two-fer": design and on-camera chemistry.

Amelia on June 21, 2012 at 4:58 am
  6. Me too. I'm so happy to see that they sent Miera home. I feel sorry for Kris and Danielle to have a team member like Miera. Her attitude turned me off. I don’t think she is a good designer. I’m glad that she is gone and I can enjoy the show better.

MD_CA on June 21, 2012 at 9:54 am
  7. I would like to see a post-season show featuring top management consultants discussing their thoughts on success and failure of the various contestants, how to identify stakeholders, how to work with/through people, crisis manageement, working with different ages/sexes, etc. I like the design part of the show but I especially like to watch the interpersonal side, character development. So far, Hillari has been the most impressive in this regard. Through last week at least.

JohnPonteVedra on June 21, 2012 at 10:10 am
  8. I was so happy to see Meira go. What a know it all who knew nothing. I felt so sorry for Danielle. She should have just let Meira fall flat on her face, which she did eventually and looked after herself. I like her the best thus far.

Karen, Houston TX on June 22, 2012 at 8:45 am
  9. Also was happy to see Meira go. She didn't add anything to the show and only caused ill feelings with anyone she worked with. One comment she made on the last episode "I can't control him" says volumes about her true nature.

Don, Plymouth Mass. on June 22, 2012 at 11:37 am
  10. I certainly agree with everyone that Meira needed to go, and in fact should have been eliminated after the second show. Bless her heart, she just doesn't have the personality to work with others. Mikel, Hilari, Danielle and Rachel deserve the next chance to show their stuff. Stanley is a good carpenter, but honestly, I don't see him as anywhere near the next Antonio. Lovely personality, but I think he needs some design schooling to improve his range of arts. Loved seeing Sabrina – she is delightful always, and so is Genevieve – one of my favorites! Miss Candice this year! Vern, you are hard but fair – keep it up!

Celtic Diva on June 22, 2012 at 2:25 pm