Liz Gray

Contributor to HGTVersus

Jun 29

Sneak Peek: Episode 6

Design Star Episode 6

On the next episode of Design Star (airing Tuesday, July 3 at 9/8c) the final six work together to build dreamy kitchens. See which teams shine and which teams struggle in our web-exclusive clip.

Predictions: Who will be the next to go home?

Posted at 3:16 pm

47 Comments

1. Well, let's see. Hilari, Britany and Daniele are not Miss Handy Person, so they are at a real disadvantage in any kitchen installation. Hilari lucks out by getting Stanley as a partner, who, though not showing much design ability, just some art, whatever, talent, can do construction, so chances are, as long as Hilari doesn't fill the kitchen with too much crap, obscuring the view of everything, as Cathy did last year, they should win.

Britany and Daniele are partnered, so I suspect that their kitchen will be in the bottom two. Even though the floors are by Lumber Liquidators, the cabinets by Cabinets To Go, the appliances by Sears, the clutter by Target, and the show wouldn't dare allow the contestants to destroy another real family's kitchen, so it is being done in a studio, I still think they will be in the final elimination. As Vern said last episode, Daniele has an advantage? Usually in reality shows that means you don't get eliminated in the next episode. Say good-bye Britany!

Since it's a twofer elimination this week, that leaves Rachel and Mikel to be the other elimination. Rachel has been screwing up in the last few episodes, but did have a few wins at the beginning. Mikel has been somewhere in the middle the whole time. A kitchen isn't the type of project that his set design skills would shine in, and are three of the last four contestants going to be people of color? I doubt it, you know demographics and all that. So, Bye Mikel!

Sure I could be completely wrong, or maybe this show is just getting too predictable.

erikcreature on June 29, 2012 at 1:08 pm
  2. hope to see Stanley really get it all together

snowmsn on June 30, 2012 at 5:18 am
    • i want britny 2 win

hey on July 3, 2012 at 2:52 pm
  3. Last year each designer chose a teapot to represent the design style they would do. However they do it this year, I'm guessing Danielle's advantage is she gets to choose first.

DSWatcher on June 30, 2012 at 12:52 pm
  4. So, it's easy to see they need a black person to win this season, guess the demographics of the last picks have taken them here. Too bad it's so very obvious, makes the whole thing seem superficial.

Dan32 on June 30, 2012 at 5:37 pm
    • Wow, Dan!! I can't believe what I just read. Your comments reflects a person who absolutely refuses to believe that a black person has talent to design. You actually made this about "race" instead of "talent"!! When will we as a people come together and appreciate and accept others for who they are!

KR Johnson on July 3, 2012 at 1:21 pm
  5. Please take the ad off of the one who uses incorrect grammar, {She is wearing a yellow top} quote., " I want it so bad I can taste it" Should it not be " I want it so BADLY, I can taste it"

psychonurse on June 30, 2012 at 6:35 pm
    • People are not thinking about "correct or incorrect grammer". They are expressing their feelings….Do You know what feelings are or just correct grammer?
      I bet You are "Grammer Damage control" at a social event.

Sky on July 1, 2012 at 3:58 am
      • It's "Grammar," not "Grammer."

erikcreature on July 1, 2012 at 7:49 am
        • It's "Grabber" not "Grammer"

Fauxpas on July 2, 2012 at 6:56 am
    • Yeah, but nobody talks that ways "I want it so badly." The ad is supposed to reflect how people actually talk. "I want it bad" has become colloquial.

@Rose215 on July 3, 2012 at 7:56 pm
  6. Dan32, Shame on You! I am Not a "Black Person" however the best designers happen to be black……
    Why do you have a problem with that? I thought this show was about the best, most fun to watch talented designers….

Sky on July 1, 2012 at 3:43 am
  7. Hi Everyone,
    Brittany used a great Black MetaL 2 PIECE BOOKCASE on in her room, Hollywood regency. Can anyone tell me where I can purchse that?

Janet on July 1, 2012 at 8:12 am
  8. I agree THIS YEAR we have two good black designers. I prefer Danielle. I think it is time we judge people not on color-race-etc. but on talent. Mikel is mainstream like many of the contestants. I am not a "Black Person". No one could have been worse than Antonio. Beyond all those tatoos I believe he was white. Who ever wins I hope everyone will not believe that it was a race issue. That is an insult to the winners.

maria on July 1, 2012 at 1:52 pm
    • This is true, Antonio really did take "person of color" to heart. I have enjoyed his shows — when i can find them.

Wnt2kno on July 2, 2012 at 6:09 am
  9. Unless Rachel really does a great job I think she will go home. Much harder to pick the other one. The last time two members of the same team went home, which might be bad for Mikel. In the preview clip we get a good view of Danielle and Britany's kitchen, they have some type of buffet with a huge mirror on the wall by the table, maybe it's supposed to be a dining room but It didn't look good to me. Can't see both of them going home. I think that Danielle' advantage is she gets to pick her partner. I doubt they do teapots this year, they seldom repeat stuff like that.

I think they may be setting up Rachel for the win. Her Victorian lounge was just horrible, much worse than Kris, but she's still there. If they have already picked Rachel, then I would think they want to get rid of the more talented contestents. I just hope I'm wrong, Design Star really needs to pick a real "star" this season. The last two winners are just average designers, I'd like to see the best designer win this year.

Corvette Lady on July 2, 2012 at 11:19 am
  10. I forgot about Hilari and Stanley. Stanley could go home if he does a project with wood, they don't like one trick ponies. He needs to not be the installer in chief, sounded like maybe he was going to do a wood backsplash, we all know how a backsplsh can turn into a real time crunch. I think any designer that doesn't finish their project will be sent home. After this challenge, we'll be down to the final four! I would like the final four to be Danielle, Brittany, Mikel and Hilari.

Corvette Lady on July 2, 2012 at 11:29 am