Liz Gray

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Jul 6

Sneak Peek: Episode 7

Final Four Designers With Host David Bromstad

This week, the final four take on their first small space challenge: Create a colorful condo living room. The camera challenge stakes are higher, too, as each contestant must give a decorating tip in front of a live studio audience on CBS’s The Talk. But will the pressure be too much for some contestants? See a sneak peek of the action after the jump.

Watch exclusive scenes from episode seven:

Predictions: Who do you think will win this week, and who’s next to go home?

Posted at 12:13 pm

65 Comments

1. Who got sent home, I turned the channel and didn't
    get back in time.

Sally on July 10, 2012 at 6:06 pm
    • Brittany. Her room was lovely, even spectacular.

Guest on July 10, 2012 at 10:17 pm
    • Britany won the challenge, Mikel was sent home.

Chelsea H. on July 11, 2012 at 12:11 am
  2. Go team Britany! Again she wins. I loved her room but wish we would have seen more of her this episode. At this point I just can't help but wonder why she is being downplayed so much. Not once has she been in the bottom. I really hope its because she's so amazing HGTV wants there to be SOME surprise when she wins. But I worry that it's just so hgtv can justify someone else's win. There's no denying that hilary and Danielle are talented, but I think I see some sympathy cards being thrown Danielle's way, we see more and more of her, especially tonight with her looking so sad and wounded. I think if we saw britany as much this whole season it would be hard to explain it If she DOESN'T win!!!!

Juliana on July 10, 2012 at 6:08 pm
  3. who went home tonight. ? My DVR does not like to tape this show w

Pam on July 10, 2012 at 6:43 pm
  4. I liked the green walls. I would have liked an oceanside theme to tie it in and make it more breezy. Sad to see Mikel go. Though his table antiquing sucked. But, I don't like that style no matter who does it.

I didn't like the painted lamp shade either. Better to have a bright colored lamp with a crisp white shade. Does that paint emit VOCs when it heats up?

I really liked the blanket tapestry and the painted wall frame art.

I don't know who I want to win. Love the fact that everyone on the show is both so nice and so cool.

Diane on July 10, 2012 at 7:38 pm
  5. Once again Brittany has out-shone the competition by a long shot, She is truly the best designer by far, Why don't you mentor on her camera challenges so that the whole package can be appreciated, And, why in the world didn't any designer pick up on the coastal theme?? Danielle had the perfect opportunity to do it with her teal choice. It was a real missed opportunity. Ouch! In terms of talent, an eye for decor, the ability to pull it all together, Brittany is the only real choice. Brittany can come decorate my house any time! I hope the panel won't disappoint me again, like they did last year!

Guest on July 10, 2012 at 10:13 pm
  6. I was wondering what color Britany used on the walls in the "Condo MAkeover" episode. I LOVE it and want to paint my master bedroom that color!!!

Haley S. on July 14, 2012 at 1:47 pm
  7. I thought this is Design Star to see WHO is the next star. I KNOW without a doubt it SHOULD BE BRITTANY..Tonight's show has been ALL hiliary. Does anyone else see that?? Now Danielle is going to take Brittany's idea about putting the material behind the design. Hiliary needs to put her hands in her pocket. I am SICK of all the hand motion, it is making me sick on my stomach. They need to give Britany and Danielle time to speak tonight. I am totally disappointed in David and Gen. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU BRITTANY… We all are VOTING FOR YOU.. GO HOME. Hilary!!!

Tammy on July 17, 2012 at 5:33 pm
  8. I think it's rigged. It seems like the designers have already picked Danielle to win. Did you notice that Hillary and Danielle started out by copying the lattice and vinyl from Brittany, then they at least switched it up a little. David handles Danielle's camera challenges with kid gloves and tons of moral support. They gave Chip Wade to Danielle just as I suspected. Danielle's design on the last show was very heavy with color on one side of the room and her pictures looked like pimples on that big wall. Nobody said a word. She seems to get preferential treatment.

Lori Dorn on July 17, 2012 at 5:41 pm
    • I totally agree!!!! Like a lot of their other programs(I'm now finding out are rigged) it was so obvious they chose Danielle from day one. She stumbled pretty much through the entire process. Yes she is a good designer, but not the best. They gave her more air time than the others as well. I tell you what, between getting rid of the guy on Yard Crashers and the lady on Property Virgins, And now this, I think it's about time for me to cut HGTV loose. I've pretty much have had it!!!!!!!!!!!!

CJSteward on July 17, 2012 at 6:45 pm
  9. Yep, Vern just nailed Hilary…blah, blah, blah bad space planning. Yep, Britany just got nailed by Vern. What's wrong with them????? Her bed was GENIUS!!!!!!! Danielle…BORING, CRY BABY!!!!!! RIGGED!!!!!!!

Lori on July 17, 2012 at 5:56 pm
  10. I am so thankful hiliary WENT HOME tonight. I Totally agree, Vern, David and Gen will all chose Danielle to win. Brittany is in my opinion THE ONLY ONE on the show that is Great at what she does. She knows she is not going to win, she even said "If I get sent home, I did the best I could do".. she deserves to WIN. They should give her David B's show. He is NOT all that… neither is Genevieve. GOOD LUCK BRITTANY… I AM A FAN, AND DO NOT EVEN KNOW YOU. That should be kool for you to have all of us voting and pulling for you. Congratulations on what SHOULD BE YOUR WIN NEXT WEEK.. (in advance)… God Bless You..

Tammy on July 17, 2012 at 6:15 pm