Liz Gray

Contributor to HGTVersus

Jul 14

Sneak Peek: Episode 8

Design Star Final Three With David Bromstad

It’s down to the final three…only two episodes left until we find out who the next Design Star will be.  On each season of the show, the designers are challenged to decorate a non-traditional structure. This year, it’s…yurts! That’s right — each contestant will take on a modern adaptation of the ancient round shelters used for centuries by Central Asian nomads.  Who will succeed and who will fail miserably? Watch the preview for a sneak peek.

Posted at 5:33 pm

75 Comments

1. I am new viewer of design star and been watching all the past seasons one after another…..In my opinion season 5 was absolutely the worst…..not only the show did not flow well without a host but also the judges seemed to be always upset and mean….well …..the designers were terrible!….my husband was so upset looking at the crappy jobs they did….HORRIBLE….
    I like Britany, she has nice ideas, lovely decor style even though mine is more cottage,I loved her Hollywood room and the episode 7 apt. She is also very very pretty and it shows you can be beautiful, blond and smart….doesn't she smile enough? I do not think so…..I prefer her then a blonde with an historical and childish laugh

Francesca on July 14, 2012 at 2:21 pm
  2. Sorry I meant hysterical

Francesca on July 14, 2012 at 2:23 pm
  3. Interesting – there are only THREE designers left, but this preview only shows TWO. Where is Britnay? She's by far the most talented designer and all we seem to see are the others. What's up HGTV?

Rebecca on July 14, 2012 at 2:29 pm
    • I SOOOO agree! Brit is my very favorite and she always seems to be left out! What's going on here?

Linda on July 16, 2012 at 11:44 am
      • Right on sista! I guess they have to tease us just enough to be sure to view tonight!

Vallihaha on July 17, 2012 at 10:41 am
  4. Once again we don't see what Britany is doing in a preview, however, I have no doubt that a Hollywood Regency Yurt would have Chenggis Khan spinning in his grave!

Danielle once again shows how she can flummox herself upon viewing one her "design' ideas in real life. Coloured vinyl in a Yurt?

Hilari demonstrates that she has no sense of scale, nor proportion. Spatial relations level zero. A huge bed, furniture construction, in the limited confines of a Yurt?

The Yurt, or Gyr, is a design that has undergone thousands of years of evolution, to produce efficiency, on many levels. Including being psychologically satisfying space to be in. I look forward to seeing how these ladies destroy all that.

erikcreature on July 14, 2012 at 2:39 pm
    • Actually, their task is to create a bedroom suite in the yurt. Hilari has a very good eye for scale if nothing else.

Phillygirlinde on July 17, 2012 at 11:48 am
    • I totally agree with Erik. I think the designers could have done so much more than just a bedroom.

planetmediazone on July 17, 2012 at 5:39 pm
  5. Yeah we are down to 3 people… But where is Brittany? She left out of Most of the previews. What are you doin HgTV? Either she is the winner of design star and you are leaving her out for ur hype, or you aren't showcasing her because someone else is going to win and we aren't supposed to notice how wrong that is. Brittany is the best designer left. She has shown great talent since the beginning of this competition and the others have waivered. If Brittany doesn't win I'm convinced talent isn't what truly wins this show.

DS Fan on July 14, 2012 at 4:52 pm
    • Couldn't agree more–look at who they picked last time?????

CA Dreamin on July 15, 2012 at 3:47 pm
  6. I agree! How is is possible Britany was left out of last weeks preview AND this week? Whats your reasoning for that? I'm assuming she rocked out her space as usual and we arent supposed to notice.

Deb on July 14, 2012 at 4:55 pm
    • Guys, she is left out because if she doesn't have any "mis-haps", there is no reason to "showcase" it during a preview. Just remember.. HGTV is all about the ratings as is any other network.

KR Johnson on July 15, 2012 at 11:47 am
  7. I love Brittany, but why isn't she shown in this?

Paige on July 14, 2012 at 5:06 pm
    • To not make it so obvious, I think they've already chosen Brittany to have her own show, so they're not going to show much of her towards the end along with nit picking that she doesn't smile enough; it's all a ploy y'all. If she isn't selected to have her own show, I'll be very surprised.

Sharon on July 17, 2012 at 11:04 am
  8. I can't wait to see this episode

Paige on July 14, 2012 at 5:07 pm
  9. Britany has my vote! I watch each week just to see her designs. She's should win it all!!

CarmenFromTX on July 14, 2012 at 5:46 pm
  10. britany should win, but hgtv seems biased against her. in the last episode she said she like color & didn't want to just use neutrals. my kind of designer. danielle is too neutral. hilari should come in 2nd.

terry on July 14, 2012 at 6:57 pm