Liz Gray

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Jul 23

Sneak Peek: Season Finale!

Design Star Season Finale

Who will be HGTV’s next Design Star? We’re only a day away from the big reveal. All that’s left: Britany and Danielle must film their show pilots and prove they have what it takes to design and host. Get a sneak peek of the action.

Who do you think will be the winner? Predict away in the comments below.

Posted at 1:10 pm

49 Comments

1. Not hard to see where this is going. Gave up Hilary for ugly lattice and a plywood bed and a copycat with more lattice and a design that just is not pulled together. I felt more connected to Hilary. First time I have been upset with Design Star. I will not watch finale. Sorry Hilary!

Voncille White on July 23, 2012 at 6:15 pm
    • The "ugly" lattice was part of the yurt's structure. No one added it. It was in Hilari's yurt too.

Hilari's personality might appeal to some, but she can't design to save her life. I was shocked that she even got to be on DS, with the pitiful excuse for a portfolio she presented.

erikcreature on July 23, 2012 at 9:33 pm
  2. Did anyone else notice how the rolls of wallpaper looked a bit like rolls of toliet paper from the side?

TheNyanCat ~nyaaa on July 23, 2012 at 7:25 pm
  3. I think they each have strengths and weaknesses. Personality wise I like Danielle but I would really like to see her hit it out of the park in the final. I think they sent Hilari home last week so that Britany could win and they would not get all the upset people they had last year when Meg won. Hilari was my choice, I really don't care who wins now. I will watch the winners show……………at least once! :)

Corvette Lady on July 23, 2012 at 7:51 pm
  4. Given the challenge of the Yurt, I think Brittany thought most about the space from top to bottom and all around, which wasn't demonstrated quite as well with the other designs. Must say I learned the most from her. Danielle did a great job of pulling together shopped items, which I guess anybody could do, given enough cash, but it didn't seem to take in the walls, ceiling or lighting as well as Brittany's.. All in all that design seemed to fall flat on design and creativity, although sure, Vern's redirection to use of texture was astute. Hilary shone with her personality, but pumping everything into a single piece is a mistake I'd make, but expect more from a designer. Didn't like the catty remarks of Danielle to Hilary in the dorm scenes, so am now leaning towards Brittany, although wish the Barbie lashes would go. Ultimately, would like to see/learn more from Brittany – she seems to take more of the total space into consideration to make a complete composition with true originality and creativity. Think the judges have been great so far, but whatever choice they ultimately make will be very difficult.

Mangofish on July 23, 2012 at 9:56 pm
  5. I am rooting for Danielle. She was my favorite from the start of the show and I feel she has grown.

I really like her designs and she has won more challenges than Brittany.

Jade3 on July 24, 2012 at 12:09 am
  6. It's a tough choice. Brittany has the substance and grit while Danielle has a great camera presence. Danielle seems to wilt under competitive pressure but I think with her own show, that issue would not exist. But then, back to the substance. Can Brittany be trained for camera work? How good are the editors? One part of being a designer is to have confidence in your design work. Can yoiu demonstrate a range of emotions? How much does design work come from an inborn eye? Can it be trained in? — Does HGTV need a homerun or a base hit? It is a great show on many levels.

JohnPonteVedra on July 24, 2012 at 4:20 am
  7. I am rooting for Danielle as I think she is the most talented designer. However, I saw last week's preview and they showed Danielle giving Brittany a congratulatory hug. Why do you always pick the blue eyed glamorous blond. I am really sad about this. The art deco room done by Danielle was the most beautiful design in the show.

Lili on July 24, 2012 at 6:35 am
  8. I am for Danielle. She has the best personality in front of the camera, and is a talented designer. Her Art Deco room was the best on the show

Judi on July 24, 2012 at 6:48 am
    • Hgtv needs a fresh new type of designer , I think if they pick Brittany it will just be the same face throughout … Choose someone and something new … Give talented black people a chance to shine ..don't be selfish with your channel … Danielle deserves the title, she really brings more to the table. If she doesn't win I will not watch design star ever again.

Georgia girl on July 24, 2012 at 2:00 pm
  9. The day we all have been waiting for has arrived. May the best designer win! And may none of us be sore losers. Hilari showed us how to accept defeat with grace, humor and hope for the future.

Parkebernet on July 24, 2012 at 7:00 am
  10. I am really trusting that Danielle has won, her designs for the most part have been great… a few mistakes..more on getting things done in the time alloted… I trust HGTV has done it… but even in
    the Still Advertisements of Design Star… Brittany in the middle btwn David and Danielle suggests that she probably got it… oh well

melfaun on July 24, 2012 at 7:22 am