Liz Gray

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Jul 23

Sneak Peek: Season Finale!

Design Star Season Finale

Who will be HGTV’s next Design Star? We’re only a day away from the big reveal. All that’s left: Britany and Danielle must film their show pilots and prove they have what it takes to design and host. Get a sneak peek of the action.

Who do you think will be the winner? Predict away in the comments below.

Posted at 1:10 pm

49 Comments

1. Hello Judges, we already have a glamorous blue-eyed blonde. Candace is it ,and she is a marvelous designer. Her work is great

Lili on July 24, 2012 at 7:52 am
  2. I hope Brittney wins, she is great with metallics like silver and gold,and colours with them. She however needs to stay away from the wall geometrics crap …..less is more!

steve on July 24, 2012 at 8:21 am
  3. Since other people are telling their favorite hgtv designer I must add mine . Sarah Richardson is the best ever…Steve

steve on July 24, 2012 at 9:31 am
  4. I really hope Danielle wins, but both are very talented. However, I think Brittney will win because during the sneak peak viewers were given when the winner is announced, Danielle had a sad look on her face and it looked like she was giving Brittney a congratulatory hug.

A. R. Weaver on July 24, 2012 at 9:51 am
  5. Tough call on this one! For the past 3 yrs (I missed the 1st season) I've picked the winner, but this season is much harder. BOTH women are exceptionable designers with individual strengths and weaknesses. Brit's negative is speaking on-camera but they would coach her with that if she wins; plus, she hasn't missed a strong finish in a challenge yet. Danielle's got a soft feistiness that is very appealing and has grown hugely on-camera; love, love her global style also. But Brittney has a sweetness to her and her hands-on, get in there and DO any project ability and spunk is great. If she winds I hope the heavy Cali-girl look is softened though. Whew!

Barb on July 24, 2012 at 9:56 am
  6. Have loved this season, so much better than the last one that I could not watch. Thanks for showing design and style and talent NOT back-stabbing snide comments. All the designers seemed to get along much better even with some of the outsized egos at the start. Great season and I will be happy with whoever wins. :)

Star on July 24, 2012 at 11:40 am
  7. It has been exciting to watch these girls bring their best, I'm so torn between the two finalists that I can't decide, they both would be interesting to watch each week. Looking forward to the finals tonight, can't wait. Thank you design star.

judy monson on July 24, 2012 at 11:58 am
  8. I really want Danielle to win. But I think the blond will take it.

Elle on July 24, 2012 at 12:25 pm
  9. Brittany seems to be the better rounded of the two She seems more relaxed before the camera. The other always leans toward art deco design and doesn't seem as versatile for my taste. I vote for the blonde one.

dot on July 24, 2012 at 3:06 pm
  10. I vote for Danielle! She has been my favorite from the beginning. I instantly connected with her. I love her design style, her personality and her enthusiasm! I think Danielle has proven herself to be the most creative and versatile designer as well as the most confident in front of the camera. I also think she is incredibly more personable than Britany. David Bromstad, said my thoughts exactly by saying, "(…) when you have your own show on television you have to be fairly transparent and show all your layers: your good times, the bad times; the good parts of yourself, the bad parts of yourself; angry, sad, happy, elated; the downtimes. That's what makes a viewer connected to you." Danielle, I hope you win! You deserve it!

Design Star fan on July 24, 2012 at 3:23 pm