Liz Gray

Contributor to HGTVersus

Jul 24

Design Star All Stars: First Look

The Design Star season might be winding down, but we’re just gearing up for the very first season of Design Star All Stars. Here’s a sneak peek to tide you over until¬† Tuesday, July 31 at 9/8c.

Posted at 11:57 am

41 Comments

1. I am too thrilled that HGTV DS is doing an All Star Challenge!!! Just a week or so ago I made the comment that this idea would be stellar!!! The only setback is that there are so few competitors, which means it's going to be pretty short competition!!!
    I am also excited that Dan Vickery is one of the challengers!!! I really wanted Dan or Loni to win during their season. So, I am definitely rooting for him this time!!! Hip hip Hooray!!!

MirrorMirror12 on July 24, 2012 at 9:18 am
  2. Actually, this is our second look at these design non-stars, who lost their contests. Most people like them for their personalities, rather than their designs, which were poor to amateurish. That includes Dan, who I had expected more of, but he never seemed to complete a space, nor could he see a space as a cohesive whole. I remember he did work on a Zen garden, with one of the female contestants, that Antonio destroyed! Sure Dan was/is better than Antonio,and Dan should've won, but the homeless lunatic that plagues my neighborhood, usually mumbling to himself or vociferously arguing with garbage cans, can design better than Antonio. Being better than Antonio doesn't say much at all.

I think I might have watched this show, if the contestants included Alice, Will, Matt and Karl. This bunch, not so much. If I want to catch up on my sleep, then I'll take Melatonin.

erikcreature on July 24, 2012 at 10:30 am
  3. DANIELLE TO WIN

shelia wade on July 24, 2012 at 5:47 pm
  4. Yay Danielle!! Can't wait for your new show on August the 4th @ 8pm!!

Anita Knox on July 24, 2012 at 6:04 pm
  5. Very disappointed with design star Brittany should have won. Not watching again.
    Not watch Danielle show for sure.

Tammy on July 24, 2012 at 6:06 pm
  6. HGTV what are you thinking, Brittany is the most created of all designers.

Amy on July 24, 2012 at 6:08 pm
  7. So sorry Britany didn't win! Hope they give her a show anyway; she's so deserving.

designshar on July 24, 2012 at 6:11 pm
  8. Love the show HGTV, can't wait to see Danielle new show,Yay!

Bertha Rodgers on July 24, 2012 at 6:37 pm
  9. All you racist heaters need to reside in design star hell and take your hateful attitudes with you. Blacks don't need your approval to be successful in their endeavors.
    So sleep on bigots.

Sylvia on July 24, 2012 at 6:59 pm
    • What a great summer show idea! So happy to see the familiar faces again! Loved leslie in the previous season and can't wait to see what she comes up with this time around!

FrancesLane219 on July 24, 2012 at 7:12 pm
  10. Danielle's rooms were so packed with everything……so many pictures on the walls. ……………….way too much.

Britany's rooms were so tastefully done and her camera work was great………………..WHAT WERE YOU THINKING……………………………………………..

Since you HAD to give it to Danielle please give Britany a show too……SHE DESERVES IT……………

GUEST on July 24, 2012 at 7:22 pm