Liz Gray

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Jul 24

Two Journeys: Britany Versus Danielle

Danielle Colding and Britany Simon

Britany and Danielle may be friends, but only one can go home the Design Star. Find out who wins it all, tonight at 9/8c! Here’s a peek at the two finalists’ road to the last challenge.

Who do you think will win? Voice your opinion in the comments below.

Posted at 5:08 pm

138 Comments

1. FINALLY!! Another design star I will watch. I have not watched one since David. Some of you may like Brittany better but Danielle brings more overall joy and enthusiasm to her designs. Good job everyone!!

Miraclyn on July 24, 2012 at 10:13 pm
  2. All of these Affirmative Action comments are ridiculous, narrow minded, and just offensive. Even if you think that Brittany was better, deserved to win, has better voice, whatever, clearly Danielle is a competent designer. To say that she won purely because of her ethnicity doesn't have very much respect for her competency as a designer, even if you prefer the style of her major competitor. It's not only offensive, but illogical. When should she have been eliminated? Three weeks ago she probably had her weakest showing, but I suppose Affirmative Action saved her and kicked off Mikel, an African American man. She also could have done better on her yurt, and instead another African American woman was kicked off. Now, on this episode, while I think Brittany has been more consistent overall during the season, Danielle clearly outshone her tonight. She was better on camera, more excited. She had a challenging space, making it in a style she doesn't like (Brittany pretty much said during the episode how the space reflected her tastes more). She incorporated the client's work into the design. She did her own shopping, not sending two others to do shopping, a mistake on Brittany's part. Even if you overall liked Brittany more, you have to admit that there are valid points for Danielle based on her merit, not her race.

Brendan on July 24, 2012 at 11:18 pm
    • I totally agree and I thought Britany was going to win before this episode. She didn't give the family what they said. When the husband said clean lines and she chose that busy ornate wall paper I literally yelled at the television "No, Britany don't do it." Her room was gorgeous, it just didn't seem to be what the client asked for.

Phillygirlinde on July 25, 2012 at 5:56 am
  3. I do think Danielle was more personable, but I thought Brittany's idea for a show was better and easier to understand. Maybe they cut out some of Danielle's presentation about her show that clearly explained her concept? I just didn't understand it, when did she ever really explain how her "Shop the Room" concept worked? Just wasn't clear to me. Congrats to both, I loved their work.

Dee on July 24, 2012 at 11:53 pm
    • I agree. I don't quite understand the concept of her show. Of course you shop for things for the room. How will this be different?

shellbelle on July 26, 2012 at 9:23 am
  4. Disappointed but not surprised! I think the judges had chosen Danielle to win . I wish the tv audience would have had a chance to vote. I think we need some new judges. How about Steve Edelman. He has produced a lo t of great shows. He knows what the viewers like.

eileen on July 25, 2012 at 5:09 am
  5. I think danielle did a wonderful Job. She made the entire family happy. The children was Just as happy as the parents. Be happy for danielle. I will watch her show and I am sure their are others that will watch.

shalom on July 25, 2012 at 5:38 am
  6. David's recap sort of confirmed what I thought. Britany probably would have won if she did a more modern space for the family.

Phillygirlinde on July 25, 2012 at 6:16 am
  7. I am glad Danielle won. I think Britany did herself in -in the finale episode. She stayed true to herself which is great for other shows. In this final episode you needed to take the family into consideration. The dining room had been the boy play area-no storage anywhere for his things.

Danielle's rooms were all about the family. The wife now has an organized place to work and yet the room looks like a dining room. She kept the home their home with their things on display. She kept the old and refurbished to blend with the new. She gave the family storage. Danielle's room was much harder to do than Britany's because she incorporated the family's familar things with the new. I believe that is what the judges saw.

I hate all the race issues. It is time we get over it.

maria on July 25, 2012 at 7:01 am
  8. Big fan of the show and VERY big fan of Danielle! I told my sister after watching the very first episode "Danielle is going to win this hands down!!" She just looked so familiar to me and I felt like I was watching a personal friend going on this amazing journey!! Congratulations to Danielle and I look forward to watching her new show!!! What I loved the most was watching her put a room together – I could almost hear her thinking!

Millie Kargol on July 25, 2012 at 9:42 am
  9. I have never been so disappointed in HGTV as I was over the results of this show. Brittany was robbed. I would have loved watching her and just hope she finds a show on some other network. I will be her biggest fan. She had great design, unique, classy, great sense of camera and audience appeal. I am just so sad. I use to watch HGTV all the time, but have found it less and less interesting. Now I know why.

very dissapointed on July 25, 2012 at 11:09 am
  10. Danielle is a good home decorator. Britany, however, is a DESIGNER. HGTV FINALLY had true talent in their hands and they threw it away. True, Danielle is a fun, sweet personality and Britany seems somewhat stiff in comparison, but shame on HGTV for selling out to flash over substance.

Bobby Baby on July 25, 2012 at 12:04 pm