Liz Gray

Contributor to HGTVersus

Jul 24

Two Journeys: Britany Versus Danielle

Danielle Colding and Britany Simon

Britany and Danielle may be friends, but only one can go home the Design Star. Find out who wins it all, tonight at 9/8c! Here’s a peek at the two finalists’ road to the last challenge.

Who do you think will win? Voice your opinion in the comments below.

Posted at 5:08 pm

138 Comments

1. I am a true britany fan since day one she is so talented and I wanted her to win since day one so disappointed with the end results of this show and I hate to say it but I never want to watch it again

Quinn on July 24, 2012 at 7:00 pm
  2. I am in shock that Britany did not win. Totally makes me have no respect for the judges.

Sandy on July 24, 2012 at 7:13 pm
  3. I agree that Hilary was robbed. I was so looking forward to her show.

But Danielle's win was posted on several interest sites a full week before the finale. Whoever edited the promo clip for the finale left in enough info that it was obvious Danielle had won.

Cindy on July 24, 2012 at 7:23 pm
  4. I am sad. Honestly, when I looked at any of the spaces that Danielle created, they were disjointed and hard to comprehend as a whole. Britany had the "eye" to create a beautiful space that the camera could love. Also, Danielle was always, "uh-oh, I am behind……I have screwed up because I cannot get my act together….". I would like to know what the esteemed hosts of the show saw that I did not see? I saw Danielle as a haphazard designer who had trouble pulling it together. Does anyone remember her crooked pictures hanging on the wall in that "color" episode? Or the weird wall hangings that looked like a blip on the wall? Yikes…..I think she should have gone home then! I saw Britany as consistently competent and as creating spaces that seemed "finished". Well, one last comment. Where is Emily Henderson? She had tons of personality and quirkiness. Loved her! Also, I will not be watching Danielle because she did not gain my confidence or my respect.

Cindy on July 24, 2012 at 7:28 pm
  5. I love britany and danielle but i dont think danielle should have won. Sure shes talented, but not talented enough to do her own show. Britany really deserved it. I think its a shame.

Krystal on July 24, 2012 at 7:34 pm
  6. I loved watching Design Star this year…until tonight. This is the first season my sports-loving husband watched with me. We were both very disappointed that Britany didn't win. Why? Because my husband and I could EASILY LIVE in any of Britany's rooms! She has an amazing sense of balance, elegance and livability. Her choice of color is amazing. Her 'on air time' was real. Maybe Danielle's not this way in real life; but she 'over-laughed' all her segments. She was even annoying at times. I have to say we even wondered, at times, if the judges were prejudice against Britany because she was a beautiful blond. Danielle is a beautiful woman of color; but her sense of style is lost on me. I probably won't be watching her show. Britany, best of luck. You are an amazing design star in our book!!

Coco on July 24, 2012 at 8:28 pm
  7. I think discriminating reason too. But it should have come down to Hilari and Brittney. On camera presence hands down, Hilari!. Your disappointed this week, I was disappointed last week. They really need new judges to perhaps regain some credibility

NoLongerViewing on July 24, 2012 at 8:49 pm
  8. Affirmative action maybe, but the wrong recipient. If they were going to give a minority a chance, Hilari was the better of the two. Affirmative action gone awray. Ha!

NoLongerViewing on July 24, 2012 at 8:54 pm
  9. You can pretty well know who will win as with most shows like this. It was time for a black designer. Had a white designer last year. You spread it around. Next year bet it will be a male.

Leslie on July 24, 2012 at 9:04 pm
  10. Wow! Danielle and Brittany were both great, Brittany is an extraordinary designer, I love her design style and would prefer her over Danielle to design a room for me, however; Danielle is the more mature designer and very confident in expressing her design in front of camera. Congrats Danielle, and good luck with your new show. This was a great season, looking forward to next season!

Patsywetsy on July 24, 2012 at 9:07 pm