Liz Gray

Contributor to HGTVersus

Jul 24

Two Journeys: Britany Versus Danielle

Danielle Colding and Britany Simon

Britany and Danielle may be friends, but only one can go home the Design Star. Find out who wins it all, tonight at 9/8c! Here’s a peek at the two finalists’ road to the last challenge.

Who do you think will win? Voice your opinion in the comments below.

Posted at 5:08 pm

138 Comments

1. I would have preferred to have seen Brittany win, Danielle's designs always seem to lack something. I also think Brittany had a better "screen" presence. But then again I have only agreed with their choice when they picked David Bromstad. Have never watched any of the other's shows and doubt I will watch Danielle's either.

ccmk on July 24, 2012 at 9:14 pm
  2. Yes, Daniele was decided on to win some time back. She was obviously favored, especially by David. Maybe three female blondes in a row would have been politically incorrect. Brittany's design was definitely the winning design tonight.

kkat on July 24, 2012 at 9:14 pm
  3. I love the stuff that britany seems to put together or make herself. I would love to see those types of things on a show from her! Especially right now with the Pinterest rage, people are obsessed with pinning and making DIY projects. She'd be great at that.

Juliana on July 24, 2012 at 9:21 pm
  4. I'm really disappointed with this seasons winner. Britany was far more consistent in her designs and extremely composed in comparison to Danielle. Danielle's designs are so drab and terribly organized. Looking back over all the designs Britany is by far the better of the two. The final decision was poor. I certainly will never bother watching Danielle's show, she has horrible design sense.

Rae on July 24, 2012 at 9:25 pm
  5. I also agree that their decision probably was. There's no way it couldn't have been. Danielle's performance throughout the entire season has been exceedingly poor and the manner in which she conducted herself (ie. whining, complaining, etc) does not make for an engaging or entertaining host. Ugh.

Rae on July 24, 2012 at 9:28 pm
    • You're a hater G all but begged Vern to move Brittany to the lead. Oops didn't happen! Just look at the episode where Brittany was clearly saved by Danielle when the two paired. Without Danielle helping Brit in that episode, Brit would have been told to leave in week two.

Damon on July 31, 2012 at 6:16 pm
  6. I agree completely! Britany was far more engaging and informative then Danielle. I won't bother watching Danielle's show and I hope the majority of the viewers feel the same. Britany deserves her own show. I hope she gets it.

Rae on July 24, 2012 at 9:30 pm
  7. I disagree. Britany's aesthetic is far more refined and developed compared to Danielle. Danielle is too disorganized and has too much trouble coping with challenges presented to her. I hope she learns to calm down before she begins her show. It would be terribly embarrassing for her, and HGTV, to have her worry and fret in front of the camera if things don't go her way, which seems to happen often.

Rae on July 24, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Damon on July 31, 2012 at 6:12 pm
  8. I will NEVER watch her stupid show. Or Hgtv in general!! Brittany should have won!!!!

Amanda on July 24, 2012 at 9:44 pm
  9. Danielle SUCKS! DANIELLE SUCKS!!!! Trying to use her dead mom to make people like her, wow Brittany's mom passed away too and she didn't do that!DANIELLE SUCKS!!DANIELLE SUCKS!!

Amanda on July 24, 2012 at 9:53 pm
  10. Affurnatuve Action?? Really??? Take a look at pictures of Danielle and her Mother…her mother did not look like an affirmative action candidate. If Hilari was the winner, I could understand the undertones of these comments. Congratulations to Danielle.

Lois on July 24, 2012 at 9:58 pm