Liz Gray

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Jul 25

Meg on the Finale: “Danielle, I Can’t Wait to Give You A Hug”

Meg's Great Rooms

Last year’s winner gives the newest Design Star her best advice (“You have just won the most amazing career out there!”), plus her words of wisdom for Britany.

What do you hope to see on Danielle’s show? Voice your opinion in the comments below.

Posted at 8:00 am

17 Comments

1. U KNOW WHAT I WANT TO SEE ON DANIELLE'S SHOW! BRITTANY AND NO DANIELLE!!! BRITTANY DESERVED TO WIN SO MUCH MORE!!!!!

Rachel on July 25, 2012 at 1:07 pm
    • Brittney's rooms seemed incomplete to me.Her photography was not creative at all, and didn't belong in the dining room. In stead of that large art work on the sofa wall, why didn't she do some amazing photography tricks ( maybe Andy Warhol style panels) with her family and display them on that wall. Also her rooms lacked personality, and looked as if she just bought furniture for the spaces. If her pilot show was to have a photography/design angle.

noydcooper on July 29, 2012 at 8:44 am
  2. I'd like to see some high end items mixed in with some low end items, along with recommendations on where to find the items in different areas. Frequently on these shows they are shopping in boutique locations that are only in the area where the show is filmed. Hopefully if that is the case she will at least use some items that can be ordered on line.

catrice on July 25, 2012 at 2:08 pm
  3. While I love Brittany, I also love Danielle. I KNOW THE JUDGES MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE…HANDS DOWN…WHY?

1) Brittany's clients seemed disappointed. Look at them on the sofa. They don't look pleased #1 Rule clients must be pleased
    2) Danielle Never lost her rythmn in her pilot. From beginning to end there was energy
    Brittany on the other hand opened with small energy. When she lowered her camera it felt like she did not believe in what she was doing.

Come on people look at the big picture. Brittany probably would be best as the photographer for say Architectural Digest, House Beautiful or something… its her first love

Can't wait to see Danielle… Congrats to Her and the Very Very Best to Brittany, Hilari, Mickel, Rachel and our favorite Artist-Carpenter-Designer…hats off for a great year

melfaun on July 25, 2012 at 5:44 pm
    • Britany is just an average photographer, I don't think any magazine would hire her. I agree that her clients looked disappointed. There was too much wainscoting, she should had just used it in the dining room. Britany just never felt genuine to me, I was a big fan of the 3-D mirrored wall she did, she should have won that challenge. I understand her frustration when she didn't win the Hollywood Lounge challenge but her outburst after losing really put her in a bad light. I think it cost her some fans.

Corvette Lady on July 26, 2012 at 7:35 pm
  4. I for one will not tune into Danielle's show on HGTV. Though I enjoyed her rooms for the most part, Brittany just shows more class. And, Danielle's voice drives me out of the room. Like a kittle kid that ate too much sugar. I wrong choice for tekevision.

loyalfan on July 25, 2012 at 10:46 pm
  5. Why weren't families/friends included in the finale this year?

pkay70 on July 26, 2012 at 8:37 am
    • Last season they said it took the judges four hours to make their decision and everyone was just waiting around with nothing to do. I don't think they wanted a repeat of that.

Corvette Lady on July 26, 2012 at 7:37 pm
  6. I thought Danielle would win from the start and I do believe she was the right choice. She is classy, thoughtful and has a great sense of style. What really broke my heart was to see Hilari lose before the final. SHE should have AT LEAST have an online show. That personality is one I would enjoy watching.

Sandy on July 26, 2012 at 8:46 am
  7. The judges made the right choice picking Danielle. If you did not agree with the judges choice, that is your opinnion. Nonetheless, Danielle won and she will have her show whether some viewers like it or not. Both Danielle and Brittany are very good designers. Again the judges made the right choice. CONGRADULATIONS to Danielle.

Lady B on July 26, 2012 at 2:26 pm
    • "Congratulations" Danielle! However, Britany would have had a better show. We can all shop, but I was looking forward to some ideas for using photography. I am sure Danielle will do her best, but don't feel the right designer won this season. Just my opinion….

Heather on July 27, 2012 at 8:15 pm
  8. Believe that there are two types of shopping on design shows — one is having the bones of the room in place and then shopping for those final jewels to complete the look while the other is looking for an inspirational piece then designing the room around it. Wonder which single type or, perhaps both, Danielle will be doing in her new show.

Denise B-K on July 27, 2012 at 4:31 am
    • After checking out Shop This Room on website found answer to my speculation — even use the words inspire and inspiration…
      Description of Episode 1: Beige to Beachy
      Danielle will design a beautiful new kitchen inspired by two shopping finds, a vintage painting of the sea and a ginger jar
      Description of Episode 2: Modern Vintage Living Room
      Danielle will take inspiration from a cool vintage lamp, and design a sophisticated new living space.

Denise B-K on July 27, 2012 at 4:40 am
  9. This is off the subject, but I like the way Meg dresses. She has a lot of fashion sense and always looks "put together." It seems effortless. David could take some lessons from her. He has everything going for him – looks, body type, etc. – but his wardrobe choices detract from (rather than complement) his style.

Parkebernet on July 27, 2012 at 1:26 pm
  10. I really agree with the judges on the selection. From the beginning Danielle showed more maturity and confidence. Britanny is very good too but Danielle will have a better show. This year there was a tight decision. Danielle had my trust from the very beginning and I hope she has a wonderful show and stays with HGTV for lots of seasons. She's just lovable. Congratulations!!

Norma on July 28, 2012 at 7:02 am