Liz Gray

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Jul 26

Britany’s Goodbye: “This Will Not Be the Last of Me”

Britany Simon - HGTV

Britany fell just short of her goal, but she says she’s not done yet.  Hear why she wouldn’t change a thing and what she sees herself doing next.

Posted at 12:00 pm

27 Comments

1. Britany you should be very proud of your designs and your hard work during this competition. I am on Team Britany and was disappointed that you weren't chosen this season's Design Star. I look forward to turning on HGTV one day and watching your show. The network would be crazy not to see your TV appeal and find a place for you. You are the fan favorite!

gotitright on July 26, 2012 at 11:58 am
    • i think america, the producers, the network and judges "got it right"…..yay TEAM DANIELLE. winning design star shows who the fan favorite really is. millions spoke loud and clear. danielle is the most talented and the # 1 fan favorite. brittany had gotten a little to cocky. she is talented but 3 or more of her designs came from previous episodes. "especially that white room". we saw that before. maybe she can be daniell's asst. or something. (like barack and hilirary), if you can't beat them….join them.

damn on July 29, 2012 at 12:03 pm
      • I luv the way you think…..EXACTLY! TEAM DANIELLE <3

Team Danielle on July 30, 2012 at 2:57 pm
      • Both girls were very talented, and as they said-they could only choose one! But Britany had great designs too! I don't agree with you about her being "cocky" or stealing designs from HGTV shows. My friends and I felt both girls were wonderful! But since Britany's show was about lighting & emphasis on family, rather than shopping-which was Danielle's format, I don't see Britany being "Danielle's assistant or something." I am hoping she goes on to something better, because both girls are very talented!

terriclark60 on August 1, 2012 at 1:29 pm
    • My heart broke when you were not chosen, Britany! I was on the edge of my chair, because my girlfriends &I watched with anticipation. One of my girlfriends said you would not get it because of color, and the fact the black producer they chose for you badmouthed you. I felt you had such a fresh approach that you would be chosen. In my heart, and the hearts of all of us from Corpus Christi, Texas-Tulsa, Okla. & Wilmington, &Carolina Beach, N.C. YOU are the STAR, and we will be watching to see if HGTV is as smart aswe think they are, and grab you up for a show all your fans are begging for! Don't be discouraged, you are an incredible talent, as you have shown in so many ways, and keep going for a show, You so deserve it!

terriclark60 on August 1, 2012 at 1:17 pm
  2. Britany, you were my favorite from day one (as well as my fiance and my mom's favorite- so you reach a wide range of viewers)! Nothing against Danielle, she is a wonderful designer, we just felt your personality and designs were more relatable. We were disappointed not to see you take the title of Design Star but we definitely look forward to seeing your show on HGTV some day! Keep going after your dream, girl!

Chicago Chic on July 26, 2012 at 12:26 pm
  3. Our family and friends were all rooting for you, Britany. You dazzled America (and the world!) in every challenge. From the unique chevron fence to the yurt bed, your designs were creative, interesting, and fun. Your Hollywood Regency party venue was jaw-dropping! How you accomplished that in a day is nothing short of amazing. We were crushed that you didn't take top honors, but no judge's decision can diminish your genius. And we don't for a minute think the judges were sending that message. One could tell that they truly believe in your talent and struggled mightily over this decision. Arizona State University is proud of you, too! We look forward to watching your career soar.

Parkebernet on July 26, 2012 at 12:27 pm
    • Such a kind thing to say and I couldn't agree more. Britany's talent will take her to some incredible places; this is only the beginning!

Mollie Kitchens on July 26, 2012 at 1:13 pm
    • I attend Arizona State University and I voted for Danielle.

damn on July 29, 2012 at 12:07 pm
  4. I want a Britany and Mikel show. I love them together and the rooms they created together were dynamite. How fun would it be to watch that duo?

Britany – you did an amazing job. You did not have one bad or even mediocre room. And that dining room for your last challenge, simply gorgeous. You're talented and amazing.

Eliza on July 26, 2012 at 1:37 pm
    • I would not mind seeing Bex again. I still hate that she had to fall alongside Luca

Ry33 on July 26, 2012 at 8:28 pm
  5. You are AMAZING!!! I know HGTV will give you a show because you are spectacular, until then we will keep voting so we can see you on the fan favorite webisodes.

JohnsonsFamily on July 26, 2012 at 2:20 pm
  6. I think that this was a great design year. Many talented people. But I am so disappointed that Brittany did not win. David made the comment that he liked the "little girl" quality of the winner. He is right. But HGTV already has designer's with this vibe. I wanted a 'grown up" designer. Britany was so professional; & obviously one of the very best designers…HGTV missed a great opportunity to have something unique..a photographer who could design. All of the winners can design. And we all know how to shop…(sorry), but how many shows can Danielle show us how to shop. She is a very nice girl, but I was honestly hoping for an adult designer who could bring a unique perspective to the show. Once again, I am a little sad at the winners. How about changing the judges for next year. I think it is time for new blood. Bring back Candace etc. Sorry Britany. I hope one of the other TV shows make you an offer!!!

Pamela on July 26, 2012 at 6:34 pm
    • I totally agree! A "Picture Perfect" photographer show would have been unique and worth watching! Britany was by far my favorite designer on Design Star this year and definitely deserved her own show. She was the most consistent thoughout the competition. I almost wonder if one of the judge's felt threatened by Britany's star quality?! Britany, you deserved it! :)

Heather on July 27, 2012 at 7:52 pm
      • I too think the best designer was Brittany and as I watched the final episode. I could tell that David had his mind made up before the final decision was made with his statement of camparison about Danielle and Brittanys' homes, and how easy it is to remove everything from a room and do it all over versus using what the owners had and making it into something "they loved"! ( I believe were his words) I think we need new judges also. I don't think the current ones are in touch with most of thier viewers ideas and styles. I will never forget some of the designs that Vern and Genevieve did on "Trading Spaces". Some of them were absolutely hideous and I felt sorry for the homeowners after they left. I also am not such a big fan of David as he only seems to gravitate toward his "own" signature style also. (the same thing they have criticized Brittany for all season). Brittany I was also wondering why you didn't make it to the "Design Star Allstars"?? ( or maybe you did and turned them down. Can't say that I would blame you!!

linda in TX on July 30, 2012 at 9:01 am
        • Could not agree with your more!

HonorAmerica16 on August 18, 2012 at 9:28 pm
  7. I was HIGHLY disappointed in the outcome of the show this year. Really thought Britany deserved to win over Danielle. In all seriousness won't watch Danielle's show, sorry, not interested.
    HGTV was so close to having someone with a fresh new angle on design too…and then it all slipped away.

voter on July 26, 2012 at 11:32 pm
    • One of my friends actually cried as Britany was pushed aside after all her hard work. She was never even mentioned when the "all stars" were on. I am so very disappointed in HGTV. I will not watch Danielle's show either. If I want to shop, I would do it for things I like. I will be watching HGTV to see if they give a show to Britany. If not, I will be watching a lot of TLC, and DIY. Britany was a breath of fresh air-very talented, but unfortunately she was the wrong color. All of my friends &I agree there was a lot of reverse discrimination in this show. The black producer they gave Britany talked awful, saying she was indesisive and "he didn't know how much more he could take." + they let Hillary help Danielle. 'Nuff said.

terriclark60 on August 1, 2012 at 1:46 pm
  8. Britany – you were the very best throughout the whole season. You have an incredible talent and I hope that we will be able to see you in future programs. Congratulations on being the fan favorite!

Susan on July 27, 2012 at 1:41 pm
  9. HGTV would be smart to give both designers their own shows. Both bring something new and exciting. I would like to see some different judges other than Vern and Genevieve. Genevieve needs some instruction on how to sit like a lady. Glass table top reveals too much.

Christine on July 28, 2012 at 4:49 pm
  10. I missed the very last show, but was rooting for Danielle. I wish the BEST for Britany. She is very sweet spirited and talented. Many of the comments on the "post" were good. But, I didn't see enough with the courtesy to extend CONGRATULATIONS TO Danielle –The WINNER. The Design Judgesare "seasoned design entrepreneurs" and know what they are doing. Believe it or not. There were some designs throughout the challenge that needed "tweeking", but in the end they chose diversity in design. I had to be an extra hard decision for the judges, and they chose THE BEST DESIGNER for the program. Best Wishes Britany. Best Wishes Danielle. :)

MamaT on July 28, 2012 at 7:09 pm