Liz Gray

Contributor to HGTVersus

Jul 26

Who’s Your Favorite Designer? Last Chance to Vote!

Design Star Fan Vote

Have you voted for your favorite designer today? You have until tomorrow, July 27, at noon to help decide which contestant will win a show on HGTV.com. We’ll announce the winner right here — until then, don’t forget to cast your virtual ballot!

Who’s your favorite designer? Vote now »

Posted at 4:55 pm

22 Comments

1. :)

michele on July 29, 2012 at 11:18 am
  2. When will we get to see Brittany's new show? As for her show being just about her photography, if you look back at the previous winners, their shows were tweaked for maximum appeal and I am sure they all got a lot of help along the way, including David B. His first assistant Danielle was absolutely wonderful and added a great deal to his episodes! As for Danielle THE WINNER this season, I will not watch. No design sense, lack of time management that HGTV is going to have to prop up, and a really phony personality. That "affected" way of talking is not natural. But, I have just about given up on HGTV anyway. I am not interested in real estate, which is what the channel has become. All my favorite shows have gone away. "Sensible Chic" was fantastic and even Sabrina's "High Low Project" can't compete with it. Loved Samatha Prynn but she never got any air time, despite being a great designer. Loved Karen Mac— something (Can't remember her last name) show where she "taught" her clients how to pick their own style and then she would add to it for the finished product. What are we left with in terms of decorating shows or even true landscaping shows?? The huge over-done yards from DIY do not interest me (Yard Crashers et al). There used to be a really wonderful landscaping show where homeowners got to pick from three different designs. Now, that was interesting! I do wish HGTV all the best. I hope they can use the comments that have been posted since the Design Star winner was announced and go forward with improved programming. I really hope they are taking all this in.

Guest on July 29, 2012 at 2:56 pm
    • I agree with all you said. I loved Karen Mac–something so much. Especially in the show when she redid a room for $50 plus paint. So interesting and inspirational. Sensible Chic and (long ago) Room by Room gave us real ideas on decorating.
      I can't watch another House Hunter episode! Love it or Leave It has horrible hosts. So many shows are wastes of time….
      Please respond to our complaints, HGTV.

Gwen on August 1, 2012 at 5:23 pm
  3. I was shocked to hear Danielle's name called although I wanted her to win just because….but we all know Britany was a better designer but Britany will be back.

Nashira on July 31, 2012 at 6:03 pm
  4. I THINK Danielle will be great! BRITANY WOULD HAVE BEEN GOOD AS WELL.

TyBart on July 31, 2012 at 6:23 pm
  5. I agree that Danielle does not feel genuine and wish Brittany would have won. Will not watch Danielle's show but certainly would watch Brittany.

Cathi on July 31, 2012 at 8:59 pm
  6. I look forward to Britany's show. HGTV needs a designer with classic, timeless design sense. Britany seems to have those skills and will continue to impress with the support of HGTV producers etc.

Juliet on July 31, 2012 at 9:05 pm
  7. I am glad Danielle won. I was in her corner every week. Yes, it's true, that she has a problem with time management, but, I believed it was written in the script. As for her voice, everyone can't have that great well-rounded tone, like Meg (last season's winner), she sounds as if she is hoarse all the time, but a good designer. Brittany's design was kind of repetitious. I think she is great designer and would watch her show.
    TOTALLY agree with the others, TOO MUCH!!! TOO MANY!!! HOUSE HUNTERS episodes. Please bring back Candice Olsen, Sensible Chic, Room by Room, etc. WAKE UP HGTV, YOU ARE LOSING IT.
    I am a faithful viewer of HGTV and what disturbs me, is that, not many home owners/fans in the south (like in MS) get to receive a home or yard make over, Mmmm!

Debra on August 2, 2012 at 2:42 pm
  8. I agree that there are WAY too many real estate shows on HGTV these days! Unless you are in the market for a new home, these are very boring. What I always loved about HGTV was the wonderful decorating and landscaping ideas, and how to make a house a home on a budget. I love Sarah (can't remember her last name), Candice Olsen, Sensible Chic, Rate my Space and all the others that could give us inspiration in our own home decorating struggles. But, come on HGTV, enough real estate shows already! Get back to what you were originally doing in the beginning! Saturdays and Sundays are the days I typically have time to watch, but there are so many real estate shows on these two days that I don't watch much any more. Please take note HGTV programming folks!

Candy on August 8, 2012 at 3:34 pm
  9. I love Danielle and I am SO glad she won! She seemed more real than Brittany and her personality is cute and fun. I wouldn't have watched Brittany's show but I am watching Danielle!

Natalie on August 16, 2012 at 1:12 am