Liz Gray

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Jul 27

And the Design Star Fan Favorite Is…

You cast almost a million votes this season in the Design Star fan vote to help one contestant win their own show on HGTV.com. Voting is now closed, and you’ve chosen the winner: Season seven runner-up and Hollywood regency devotee Britany Simon!  From her graphic wall in episode one to her glamorous, modern homeowner makeover in the finale, she wowed all season long.

Design Star Fan Favorite Britany Simon

Yuki, Danielle and Bex had their share of fans, but the votes weren’t enough to topple Britany’s lead:

Design Star Fan Vote

Congratulations, Britany! Check back here for news about her brand new online show. Until then, look back at these how-tos inspired by Britany’s best designs:

What would you like to see in Britany’s online show? Voice your opinion in the comments below.

Posted at 12:00 pm

140 Comments

1. Oh come on … how/when did Britany pull ahead of Yuki?????

lcm on July 27, 2012 at 8:04 am
    • good question! it is amazing that Yuki stayed in the top for so long. I think many people, myself included, we so upset by Stanley stapling trash & spray painting her base painting and then he got no blame for it.

guest on July 27, 2012 at 9:20 am
      • I've watched episode #1 of Design Star many, many times. Boy I wish Stanley hadn't covered up YUKI's collage. Maybe she wasn't totally happy with it because of time constraints, but I really
        liked it before it was obliterated by Stanley. Her floor choice and bold colors were great. She deserved so much better. I think we all would have been very impressed on future episodes. She is a fabulous artist and designer and more importantly a great person and mom. Yuki we admire and respect you very, very much. It was an honor to vote for Yuki these past many weeks.

JEFFCRAY on July 27, 2012 at 10:39 am
    • The bigger question is how did Yuki get the number of votes she got for being on one episode? Yuki as fan favorite would have been a travesty.

Gotitright on July 27, 2012 at 10:49 am
    • I agree! My family and friends have voted everyday since the beginning from multiple computers and devices, there's not way Britany pulled ahead of Yuki without the help of the show/network…

lovestyle on July 27, 2012 at 1:06 pm
  2. Yay Britany! Congratulations. She pulled ahead once it got down to the final 3 a couple weeks ago.

ldj on July 27, 2012 at 8:10 am
  3. she pulled ahead of yuki because the majority rules. and yuki was on for 1 episode so there's no way she's a fan favorite. even her friends couldn't topple who america really liked! go brit!

daz on July 27, 2012 at 8:27 am
    • Well Brit may have won, but I think it says a lot about Yuki for her to come in second and only appearing on 1 episode. I think Yuki did well. I know Brit. wore that ZigZag rug out!!!! Things aren't always BLACK & WHITE.

weezie on July 27, 2012 at 8:50 am
      • Yuki found a way to rig the voting! There is no way her design skills compare to Brit and Danielle. She may know people but Not enough to shoot way above all of the other designers after a flawed design the first week of competition.

GotitrightRstreetman on July 27, 2012 at 12:33 pm
        • Why are you such a hater? Maybe Yuki is actually loved and respected by the community she is such a big part of and they rallied the entire Gulf Coast behind her.

kmc on July 27, 2012 at 1:07 pm
  4. I'm so glad its Britany! She soooo deserved it!! (:

Julie on July 27, 2012 at 8:31 am
  5. Yay Britany!! Hopefully her online show will eventually turn into a tv show! Absolutely LOVE her style!

JennBrown on July 27, 2012 at 8:40 am
  6. Congratulations to Britany and thank you to all of my friends & family that continued to vote and believe in me!
    XO Yuki

Yuki Northington on July 27, 2012 at 9:20 am
    • Very classy. Too bad we didn't get to know you better. Good luck in the future.

Rickapolis on July 28, 2012 at 11:47 am
  7. Well done, Britany! The fans have spoken. Like many of those who have shared their comments, my family, friends and I think Britany Simon has a terrific eye for design – and will have much to contribute to HGTV in the years ahead. May this be a start of something BIG.

Hats off to Yuki for her gracious posting!

Parkebernet on July 27, 2012 at 9:56 am
  8. I was a religious voter… But I'd like to see less photography and more on how to mix bold patterns and designs. She was clearly the best designer on the show… And I kind of feel like the last episode was rigged b/c Danielle's family has a house with great bones and tons of art work to use, where Britany's house was like a pre-fab home on the inside with a cute, but somewhat boring family- so there really wasn't not much to do that would not have put that family out of their comfort zone. Boo on hgtv for not giving a blank slate for a final episode… Or even having them both use the same family and both redoing that room to see which the family liked better (a la the old episodes of Secrets from a Stylist). Britany needs her own show on hgtv… And she only needs minor coaching on how to add her personality. I think people are going to get tired of Danielle's accent/nasally voice. Didn't they see that with Meg???

Audrey on July 27, 2012 at 10:29 am
    • i did not like Danielle's iiving space… even Daivd said Britany had tv desing rooms. wonder if this is a case of its who you know?

Bonnie on July 28, 2012 at 6:21 am
    • I agree. Three years in a row the winners needed serious coaching from a voice coach. At least the "Secrets from a Stylist" producers figured out how to use a professional speaker to summarize the show's project at the end of each program. Nasally, nasally, nasally… 3 years in a row! BOOOO!

Vallihaha on July 28, 2012 at 3:53 pm
    • EXACTLY!yyy!!!

BRITNEYROCK! on July 28, 2012 at 5:29 pm
  9. I Wish it were Rachel or Hilari… love the way Rachel knew how to mix those patterns… I'll never forget that beautiful vibrant room with the Chevron and the painting WOW

melfaun on July 27, 2012 at 10:46 am
  10. Can we start voting for Bex to get a different show?

Mel on July 27, 2012 at 11:35 am