Liz Gray

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Jul 27

And the Design Star Fan Favorite Is…

You cast almost a million votes this season in the Design Star fan vote to help one contestant win their own show on HGTV.com. Voting is now closed, and you’ve chosen the winner: Season seven runner-up and Hollywood regency devotee Britany Simon!  From her graphic wall in episode one to her glamorous, modern homeowner makeover in the finale, she wowed all season long.

Design Star Fan Favorite Britany Simon

Yuki, Danielle and Bex had their share of fans, but the votes weren’t enough to topple Britany’s lead:

Design Star Fan Vote

Congratulations, Britany! Check back here for news about her brand new online show. Until then, look back at these how-tos inspired by Britany’s best designs:

What would you like to see in Britany’s online show? Voice your opinion in the comments below.

Posted at 12:00 pm

140 Comments

1. I would watch HILARI'S SHOW 24/7. She is fun and sassy and I love her designs. I like how she relates to the other contestants. She is respectful and I like her vocabulary. She is not invasive and disrespectful; let say like the the blond female contestant.

José on August 7, 2012 at 10:30 pm
  2. What Tom has of insecure in front of the cameras Dan has it of dryness.

José on August 7, 2012 at 10:35 pm
  3. Britany was clearly the best designer in the competition, and I can't figure out why Danielle won. She never seemed to have her design plan together and was always running out of time. Britany's design solutions were complete, well coordinated, and easy to critque and defend. I won't watch Danielle's show because her design skills are just not up to the challenge. (A big smile just won't cut it.) I strongly prefer Britany's show concept and more importantly, her design ability can carry the show. I hope the HGTV heads realize this and give her a show.

kwj on August 8, 2012 at 9:39 am
  4. Sooo excited about her online show! I loved her on the series!

Lisa on August 8, 2012 at 6:36 pm
  5. Wow Brittany didnt win final…unreal that Danielle win with her REALLY UGLY designs, she is comes across as fake . I wont watch her , But Brittany I would watch everyday, she has great ideas and info, that I aready have used. LOL Danielle well that chair in last challenge , id put it by the trash.

Monique on August 10, 2012 at 7:16 pm
  6. Go Brit! She's an obvious winner!

Corlyn on August 10, 2012 at 7:49 pm
  7. Yuki was robbed

McCoyinSeattle on August 14, 2012 at 1:56 pm
  8. We think Hilari should be known as "Little O" because she's the next Oprah. Not only is she the most talented designer, she has a great presence.

Keely on August 14, 2012 at 5:58 pm
    • Agree! People, this is all so political. HGTV needed an AfricanAmerican host – that much was obvious when 3 of the final 4 were black (and all deserved to be there). Hilari is pure TV gold – letting that woman get away was sheer insanity on the part of HGTV, but Danielle was the "safe" way to go, half black, half white (notice how much they wove in pics of her mom and even in her first show, her aunt – white women). This way the middle American viewers wont' be too freaked. I am white, BTW, and thought from the start that Hilari should be the winner. Danielle and Brittany were excellent too, and I knew the winner would ultimately reveal the level of backward thinking prevalent at HGTV. So they want more ethnic minorities, just not too black too fast. Hilari is a sistah and Danielle is an Obama-esque minority. So sad. Hope Hilari's career skyrockets after this. She's not only a really solid designer but she's got the best TV personality I've seen in a long long time. Like I said, she's GOLD!

Archie on August 23, 2012 at 12:52 pm
  9. How in the world did Yuki get second place? Don't blame Stanley for her poor design skills in that challenge. He made that cool structure and thats why he stayed and she didn't. Maybe Yuki is extremely talented but as a regular viewer, with no knowledge of Yuki's experience, I have to base my decision on her performance on the show and unfortunately she got eliminated very quickly. This poll was clearly for those contestants who, through their performance on each episode, captured the viewer's interest. It was not for someone who underperformed and went and got all of her friends to vote and vote for someone who was most definitely NOT fan favorite. Again, this is not to take away from Yuki's talent as a designer, because we didn't even get to see her designs.

Andrew on August 14, 2012 at 9:44 pm
  10. BRITNEY WAS DEFINITELY THE BEST DESIGNER. I ALSO DO NOT LIKE DANIELLE'S SCREECHY VOICE. IT IS IRRITATING. I HAVE WATCHED HER NEW SHOW AND I THINK IT IS AN OK SHOW, BUT SHE WILL NEVER MAKE IT BIG IN MY OPINION. BRITNEY ALWAYS HAD A PLAN. I HOPE SHE WILL HAVE A PERMANENT SHOW ON HGTV. IF NOT, THEN HGTV WILL BE THE LOSER. DANIELLE WILL NEVER MAKE IT AS FULL TIME.WHILE CANDICE IS A FABULOUS DESIGNER, SHE IS WAY TO CLASSY AND COSTLY FOR MOST PEOPLE. SARAH WAS THE BEST YET. WONDER WHY SHE ISN'T ON HGTV ANYMORE. ALSO I ENJOY EMILY HENDERSON. SHE IS SUPER FANTASTIC WITH A RESONABLE STYLE. I LOVE WATCHING HER SHOWS (THAT IS WHEN SHE IS ON!!!!!!!!!!!)

ELAINE LOVETT on August 15, 2012 at 1:24 pm