Liz Gray

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Jul 27

And the Design Star Fan Favorite Is…

You cast almost a million votes this season in the Design Star fan vote to help one contestant win their own show on HGTV.com. Voting is now closed, and you’ve chosen the winner: Season seven runner-up and Hollywood regency devotee Britany Simon!  From her graphic wall in episode one to her glamorous, modern homeowner makeover in the finale, she wowed all season long.

Design Star Fan Favorite Britany Simon

Yuki, Danielle and Bex had their share of fans, but the votes weren’t enough to topple Britany’s lead:

Design Star Fan Vote

Congratulations, Britany! Check back here for news about her brand new online show. Until then, look back at these how-tos inspired by Britany’s best designs:

What would you like to see in Britany’s online show? Voice your opinion in the comments below.

Posted at 12:00 pm

140 Comments

1. My brother suggested I might like this blog. He used to be totally right. This put up truly made my day. You cann't imagine simply how so much time I had spent for this info! Thank you!

parcel, parcel murah on August 15, 2012 at 8:27 pm
  2. How could you send Dan Home !! Since the beginning of Design Star there are only 2 That I felt deserved to win and That is David, and Meg, all the rest bore me to Tears!
    Sorry, but that is just how I feel, please watch out for the viewers!

Sad Viewer on August 16, 2012 at 4:06 pm
  3. Britany-I find your work very beautiful and very easy to relate to. But also brilliant. Your Hollywood Regency room is forever etched upon my mind. And your graphic design on the bedroom wall couple with your striped bed cover in your first challenge has been posted on HGTV for months now because it is amazing. Your mirror wall for the Kardashians will remain a Design star classic for years to come.

Take a few theater/acting classes in your spare time–just so you are relaxed in front of the camera–and you will rock hosting your own show. I can't wait!

When I finally get a home of my own I want you to be my interior designer. Glam chic

Nancy Lucas on August 20, 2012 at 8:58 pm
  4. I have a challenge for Design Star….how about a challenge picking two or three homes (older homes) in a small midwestern town like coldwater, Michigan and update them, using a radius of only 40 miles in which to find the products needed to do these updates? It not only would accomplish a very tough challenge for the designers to have to shop where we do, cause them to be innovative, and teach the small town people how to do what the designers do within their area!

Cheryl White on August 21, 2012 at 7:24 am
  5. I will never watch this show again EVER! This show cheats!!

Renea on August 21, 2012 at 6:33 pm
  6. so happy that Brittany won fan favorite. I did want/think she would win design star, but the judges made the wrong choice. Danielle's a good designer, but not enough to want to watch her show. I hope to see you on TV again.

guest on August 22, 2012 at 4:32 pm
  7. Hilary, you can come decorate my home any time. You have great taste and are very talented. I have a living room that I plan to tackle next and would love your help. :0)
    I have re-decorated every room in my house, one a year, and now the living room has me a little puzzled. It's very large and I would love to create 2 separate spaces in it.
    Cappie

Cappie Geis on August 22, 2012 at 6:59 pm
  8. People, this is all so political. HGTV needed an AfricanAmerican host – that much was obvious when 3 of the final 4 were black (and all deserved to be there). Hilari is pure TV gold – letting that woman get away was sheer insanity on the part of HGTV, but Danielle was the "safe" way to go, half black, half white (notice how much they wove in pics of her mom and even in her first show, her aunt – white women). This way the middle American viewers wont' be too freaked. I am white, BTW, and thought from the start that Hilari should be the winner. Danielle and Brittany were excellent too, and I knew the winner would ultimately reveal the level of backward thinking prevalent at HGTV. So they want more ethnic minorities, just not too black too fast. Hilari is a sistah and Danielle is an Obama-esque minority. So sad. Hope Hilari's career skyrockets after this. She's not only a really solid designer but she's got the best TV personality I've seen in a long long time. Like I said, she's GOLD!

Archie on August 23, 2012 at 12:49 pm
  9. I want a recount! Hilari is obviously the favorite based on the blogs. brittany could not talk on camera.

Mary on August 25, 2012 at 11:37 am
  10. when is the next hgtv design stars being picked because i would like to be one please tell me how i can.thank u,dori

dori meyer on August 29, 2012 at 4:17 pm