Liz Gray

Featured Blogger for HGTVersus

Jul 27

And the Design Star Fan Favorite Is…

You cast almost a million votes this season in the Design Star fan vote to help one contestant win their own show on HGTV.com. Voting is now closed, and you’ve chosen the winner: Season seven runner-up and Hollywood regency devotee Britany Simon!  From her graphic wall in episode one to her glamorous, modern homeowner makeover in the finale, she wowed all season long.

Design Star Fan Favorite Britany Simon

Yuki, Danielle and Bex had their share of fans, but the votes weren’t enough to topple Britany’s lead:

Design Star Fan Vote

Congratulations, Britany! Check back here for news about her brand new online show. Until then, look back at these how-tos inspired by Britany’s best designs:

What would you like to see in Britany’s online show? Voice your opinion in the comments below.

Posted at 12:00 pm

140 Comments

1. Yes! It was so hard to see Britany lose in the finale, but I am so excited that she got the online show! Let's face it- if you had to have a contestant redo your home, wouldn't you have Britany? I sure would. So happy for her! She will eventually get a TV show one day.

Erika on July 27, 2012 at 12:52 pm
  2. We are very happy that Britany was the Fan Favorite. She definitely was the very best designer all season and was much more comfortable in front of the camera towards the end. The important thing was her wonderful design style. (Do you remember when David first started how uncomfortable he seemed in front of the camera? It took him awhile and he overcame his shyness.) Britany really deserves to have her own show and we hope that her online show will lead into a new show on TV. Congratulations Britany, we are rooting for you all the way!

Happy for BRITANY! on July 27, 2012 at 1:32 pm
  3. Congrats, Britany! Although I still hope to see you on TV one day, I'll settle for HGTV.com for now. :)

Mollie on July 27, 2012 at 1:45 pm
  4. BRITNEY WAS THE BEST & REMAINED SO THROUGHOUT THE SERIES. IT IS A SHAME THAT YOU "LET" DANIELLE WIN. SHE NEVER HAD A PLAN & IN EVERY SHOW SHE ACTED SS THOUGH SHE WERE HAVING S BREAKDOWN. PHOOEY ON THE JUDGES.

elaine lovett on July 27, 2012 at 1:48 pm
    • Britany was the best and had the best rooms in the finale……Danielle's rooms were cluttered and too much color and too much everything…..Britany lost because she was the wrong color!!!!

Joyce Smith on July 28, 2012 at 5:10 pm
  5. WOO HOOO! Congrats Britany!!!

Trisha on July 27, 2012 at 2:06 pm
  6. Whatever Britany does will be great! I'm still sad she didn't win!! I am happy she will have an online show. I wil be on line watching all of them. We haven't seen the last of her!! I believe she will one day have her own show! I am hoping for more decorating shows on HGTV, I am sick……..of house hunters!!!!

Toni on July 27, 2012 at 2:09 pm
    • What is truly sad is that HH is also on the Travel Channel- Can't escape from it! I agree 100% about being weary of HH. It is like a guest who had over-stayed their visit- GO NOW!

WillTryDSAgain on July 27, 2012 at 11:42 pm
    • AGREE

BRITNEYROCK! on July 28, 2012 at 5:30 pm
    • I agree that Britany did a great job and am glad she got the online show (would have rather had her win Design Star though!) – but I do LOVE House Hunters!

jeanne on July 29, 2012 at 4:00 pm
  7. I think Britany is an all around creative and compliant designer. Her rooms look original and polished. She was never flustered or at a loss for ideas. I hope she gets her own show and I would love to introduce her to my sons. Her show could be named. Simon says.

Joy F Friedberg on July 27, 2012 at 3:11 pm
  8. I'm glad Britany won! She deserved it. I mean she is the runner up! And I mean just look at her! She belongs in front of a camera!!!

Lesz Banham on July 27, 2012 at 4:44 pm
  9. This is probably the best way for Britany – HGTV.com online show, to really show her talent as a designer/photographer. Let's face it her camera challenges were the real problem all along.

Jennifer on July 27, 2012 at 4:47 pm
  10. Congrats to Brittany!! Happy for her!!

VPP on July 27, 2012 at 6:25 pm